2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone. I posted a while back, uscis was asking for other people besides me to go to i485 interview. . It was a mistake of course. I think they were asking for my abuser to go. I contacted congressman and they spoke with immigration and gave me an interview date of Nov 9th. 

I will call to make an appointment for physical tomorrow. My question.  How long does it take for them to give you results ? 

Hello everyone. Just to quickly share that another update from USCIS local office through congressperson came in today, this time took longer (15 days) and has exact same wording than a previous one they sent:

“USCIS records indicate that your constituent’s application is currently in queue awaiting an interview date. Once an interview date becomes available and they are scheduled for an interview, we will notify them by mail at the address on file.”

Is anyone here in the Miami local office? Are they even interviewing for AOS?

Now, I have been studying for quite a while and haven’t been checking on here but truly hope that everyone is hanging in there and staying on great course with life in the meantime. 

This anxiety and nervousness !!

I received my courtesy letter on May 2020

Still no update on my i485 interview.

i sent Ar 11 form 2 weeks ago for an address change because my attorney changed his address.. is there any way I can confirm from uscis if they have updated my address so that i can get my interview notice on time??

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, iamlost said:

Hello, community. This is my first time posting on this forum.

I submitted I-360 in September 2018, I-485 and I-765 in October 2018. 

Since then I received my EAD card and renewed it twice.

I also received my prima facie and a few weeks ago received another automatic renewal. 

But there's no progress on my I-360. It has been 25 months. I haven't received any RFEs. My lawyer says I have to be patient and wait. But I feel lost. Anyone else is going through similar experience? I'd appreciate any insights into my situation. Thank you!

Hi. Same story here. Filed only I-360 November 2018. Got 3 PF and since then silence. Lawyer says wait. I contacted senator last month and USCIS reply to senator was that I am in pending background check. Do not know what to do ((((

Edited by Kama2018

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

i sent Ar 11 form 2 weeks ago for an address change because my attorney changed his address.. is there any way I can confirm from uscis if they have updated my address so that i can get my interview notice on time??

Were you using their office address as a safe location? Honestly you should probably just submit a new G-28 for this case and request that everything goes to their office.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

20 minutes ago, Demise said:

Were you using their office address as a safe location? Honestly you should probably just submit a new G-28 for this case and request that everything goes to their office.

Yes my attorney used his old address. 
i inquired through a senator 2 weeks ago but didn’t receive an update yet

6 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Yes, they should update your case file to reflect the address change (online Profile). Also if you call customer service number and provide the receipt number and ask them to verify if the correct address is on file. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/13/2020 at 11:26 PM, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone! Today I received a notice that my VAWA petition was received! The notice doesn't say, however, whether my i-485 was changed to be tied to i-360. How do I find out? Is my AD/EAD still valid?

Speaking of the EAD card, I talked to a new employer today and they were asking so many questions on my EAD card and what happens with my petition etc.. Is it possible that they will deny my candidacy based on this uncertainty? Is it even legal? My current C09 EAD is valid until Sept. 2021. 

USCIS will not inform you if the  I-485 is tied to your I-360. To see if your I-485 is still pending just go to the USCIS site.

11 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone. I posted a while back, uscis was asking for other people besides me to go to i485 interview. . It was a mistake of course. I think they were asking for my abuser to go. I contacted congressman and they spoke with immigration and gave me an interview date of Nov 9th. 

I will call to make an appointment for physical tomorrow. My question.  How long does it take for them to give you results ? 

Got mines within 4days I think..someone said it's possible to pick up next day..so average 2-5days.👍

10 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

I know..it's not fun at all! You're probably tired of hearing it..but soon it will all be over! You can confirm through your congressperson. Also you can call USCIS to find out..I did..while they will not disclose anything to you..they will allow you confirm the address on file, if it doesn't match they'll tell you that's not what they have on file that's one way to know..exactly how I found out myself!💁

8 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

Hi. Same story here. Filed only I-360 November 2018. Got 3 PF and since then silence. Lawyer says wait. I contacted senator last month and USCIS reply to senator was that I am in pending background check. Do not know what to do ((((

When you're pending background check, all you have to do is be patient..it usually takes time but always resolves!👍

Good morning Guys,

I have been going though the posts on this forum in the last couple of days and I think I might adopt the proactive approach of some persons on this forum.  My VAWA petition was approved in July 2020 and no word from USCIS since then. I am thinking I should go ahead and get my immigration physicals (I-693) done since the last one I submitted was in 2016 (expired). However, I am not sure what office this should be sent to.  Some people indicated that they sent it to their local office . Shouldn't this be sent to the Chicago Lockbox address? My local office is San Antonio.

Your quick response is greatly appreciated .

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.