Clarks2021

CR1 Refused No Explaination

28 posts in this topic

My wife received a white form with no explanation after her interview yesterday stating needs administrative processing. The consular returned her passport but kept the original civil docs. Said they would reach out to her if she is approved to send in her passport. 

My wife said during the prescreen nor the actual interview did anyone ask to see anything she brought. However asked her more questions than the other candidates. 

All our  documents are good, I even sent through NVC evidence to the Embassy however my wife said the prescreener did not review any of it. My income is in the high six figures, clean background (top secret clearance). My wif'es background is clean however there is an age gap which should not be an issue. 

The consular did ask about my wife's denied tour visa three years ago however the consular at the time did not notate in the system why it was not accepted. Even back then the consular never reviewed any of her supporting papers. 

I read all the horror stories about 221g and the length it can take. What kind of games is the Philippines playing?! 

Edited by Clarks2021

AP is completely normal, all you can do is to be patient. There is no rule they must issue visa because petitioner is well established. They never looked at my evidences as well (I organized a huge briefcase in order, and the order was unchanged at all so I know they never looked at them.) I was in AP for 7 days.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

8 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

AP is completely normal, all you can do is to be patient. There is no rule they must issue visa because petitioner is well established. They never looked at my evidences as well (I organized a huge briefcase in order, and the order was unchanged at all so I know they never looked at them.) I was in AP for 7 days.

They took your passport after the interview too?

Just now, Clarks2021 said:

They took your passport after the interview too?

No, they called my fiance after few days to bring passport.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I ask the same question, what is going on in the USEM.  What we encountered when we interviewed in February was shocking to say the least.  The prescreen document review was horrid.  Lost paperwork, rude responses, sloppy haphazard interview, and then it got bad.  We though that the Embassy staff was in a panic because they knew they were getting ready to close due to covet 19. but that does not explain how you can be told the visa is issued and shipped to the wrong address and then one day after issue it was withheld for paperwork that we had a copy of (NBI) and they claimed never was submitted and it just goes on an on.  Rescheduled physicals, repeat sputum culture after already testing  negative.  Just no end to the games being played in Manila.  So very very disappointed.   

30 minutes ago, PWB said:

I ask the same question, what is going on in the USEM.  What we encountered when we interviewed in February was shocking to say the least.  The prescreen document review was horrid.  Lost paperwork, rude responses, sloppy haphazard interview, and then it got bad.  We though that the Embassy staff was in a panic because they knew they were getting ready to close due to covet 19. but that does not explain how you can be told the visa is issued and shipped to the wrong address and then one day after issue it was withheld for paperwork that we had a copy of (NBI) and they claimed never was submitted and it just goes on an on.  Rescheduled physicals, repeat sputum culture after already testing  negative.  Just no end to the games being played in Manila.  So very very disappointed.   

Wow that's rather crazy! My wife said seems like the consulars where new, they seemed befuddled. 

12 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

My wife received a white form with no explanation after her interview yesterday stating needs administrative processing. The consular returned her passport but kept the original civil docs. Said they would reach out to her if she is approved to send in her passport. 

My wife said during the prescreen nor the actual interview did anyone ask to see anything she brought. However asked her more questions than the other candidates. 

All our  documents are good, I even sent through NVC evidence to the Embassy however my wife said the prescreener did not review any of it. My income is in the high six figures, clean background (top secret clearance). My wif'es background is clean however there is an age gap which should not be an issue. 

The consular did ask about my wife's denied tour visa three years ago however the consular at the time did not notate in the system why it was not accepted. Even back then the consular never reviewed any of her supporting papers. 

I read all the horror stories about 221g and the length it can take. What kind of games is the Philippines playing?! 

Any Updates?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

Everything is going along normal.  Returning the passport is SOP  so don't stress on that. 

Being denied a tourist visa shouldn't be an issue, your wife is not the first to be denied. 

Age gap shouldn't be any issue ... or thousands upon thousands would have had an issue  ;)  

For now .. patience.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

How can these consulars make a valid decision if never look at supporting documents...bunch of jackasses 😑 Why keep her original documents, there is nothing of relevance to them 

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Everything is going along normal.  Returning the passport is SOP  so don't stress on that. 

Being denied a tourist visa shouldn't be an issue, your wife is not the first to be denied. 

Age gap shouldn't be any issue ... or thousands upon thousands would have had an issue  ;)  

For now .. patience.

How can these consulars make a valid decision if never look at supporting documents...bunch of jackasses 😑 Why keep her original documents, there is nothing of relevance to them 

1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

Any Updates?

Nope.. my wife said only the older people seemed to be getting approved. The consular got up a couple times to speak with others so my wife asked what is the problem. 

17 minutes ago, Enek and Alrock said:

What were the questions asked from her?

Did she get DS-5535? What documents does she need to submit?

No she was not given the DS-5535 nor asked to submit any documents. She was given the domestic violence brochures and the white slip with the first box checked only saying needs additional review.

My wife said she answered all the questions confidently and friendly. USCIS did their job as did NVC, the consulars obviously just bring in their own personal bias when don't review documents

From my wife: 

who is your petitioner?

what is your name?

where did you meet?

how did it go?

what did you like about him?

what is he’s job?

looks like he keeps changing jobs?

did you travel outside country? 

how many times did you met him?

how long does he stay with you?

when did first met him?

when did you first met him personal?

when did he proposed?

do you have children?

did he have children?

are you previously married?

is he previously married?

what happened?

Where you ever refused a visa? 

My wife was refused a tour visa prior due to no prior travel history according to the consular at the time

Edited by Clarks2021

20 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

Nope.. my wife said only the older people seemed to be getting approved. The consular got up a couple times to speak with others so my wife asked what is the problem. 

In your embassy review, you said "seems to me they just dont want to give visas ." Since July 1, there have been 25 spousal visas issued according to the PH immigration timeline on this site. 

In July 2020 alone, 76 CR1 and 84 IR1 visas were issued in Manila. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JULY 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

There's probably a reason why they didn't issue your visa right away. However, they are issuing visas. 

6 hours ago, user555 said:

In your embassy review, you said "seems to me they just dont want to give visas ." Since July 1, there have been 25 spousal visas issued according to the PH immigration timeline on this site. 

In July 2020 alone, 76 CR1 and 84 IR1 visas were issued in Manila. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JULY 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

There's probably a reason why they didn't issue your visa right away. However, they are issuing visas. 

Are you some sort of proponent for the USEM? I am only saying they are holding VISAs unjustly for some reason all the time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.