Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it's  about  normal although some cases are faster. You are coming up on 30 days now. You should be hearing something in the next week or so!

Ok thanks. We're starting to worry haha.I used a certified check from the bank because I didn't have paper checks. So we have no way of knowing if they accepted our check. We were trying to beat the October 3rd deadline. They reinstated the I-944 the day we sent the package. so I'm expecting a RFE

24 minutes ago, Dean81 said:

Ok thanks. We're starting to worry haha.I used a certified check from the bank because I didn't have paper checks. So we have no way of knowing if they accepted our check. We were trying to beat the October 3rd deadline. They reinstated the I-944 the day we sent the package. so I'm expecting a RFE

Don't  worry you'll  hear from them.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anyone filed in September 2020 has got biometric appointment letter? I filed on Sept/8/2020. 4 receipts is all what I have received so far! 😄

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimmy Lee said:

Anyone filed in September 2020 has got biometric appointment letter? I filed on Sept/8/2020. 4 receipts is all what I have received so far! 😄

Still waiting, but I filed mid month. Spoke to an agent and it’s typically around 30 days from receiving NOA, but who knows. Have you called them!?

9/14/20 — marriage AOS sent with USPS

9/21/20 — package received and signed for

10/4/20 — personal checks taken out

10/6/20 — received 4 texts application received with receipt # (i130/i485/i765/i131)

10/14/20 — received 4 NOA in mail

12/21/20 — received email notification for RFE for i-944

1/19/21 — called USCIS, biometrics scheduled + notice sent out on 1/15

1/23/21 — received biometrics letter in mail 

1/24/21 — sent i-944 RFE via UPS w/ signature confirmation

1/28/21 —  RFE received and USCIS continued to work on case

2/9/21 — biometrics taken 

2/19/21 — new card being produced (I-765).... case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)

2/22/21  AP+EAD changed to "case was approved".... I-485 changed to interview was scheduled 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, CityCat917 said:

Still waiting, but I filed mid month. Spoke to an agent and it’s typically around 30 days from receiving NOA, but who knows. Have you called them!?

I received physically NOA receipts on Oct/5h . I have not made a call to agent! Did you include i-944? I did not. What I have been waiting is i-944 RFIE and Biometrics. I wish you the best of luck !

Edited by Jimmy Lee

8 hours ago, Jimmy Lee said:

We did! Appt is 11/10.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, AOKS said:

We did! Appt is 11/10.

Thank you for your reply! When did you get biometric letter in mailbox? :) my Notice date is 9/25

22 hours ago, Jimmy Lee said:

Thank you for your reply! When did you get biometric letter in mailbox? :) my Notice date is 9/25

Notice date on the letter for the biometric is 10/17 and we received it in the mail 10/23

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

For people that have already received their biometrics appointment notice in the mail, did the USCIS site show the status as changed once the appointment was scheduled? Or was it still "Fingerprint fee was received" or "Case was received" for you at that point?

On 10/27/2020 at 9:19 PM, BCG said:

For people that have already received their biometrics appointment notice in the mail, did the USCIS site show the status as changed once the appointment was scheduled? Or was it still "Fingerprint fee was received" or "Case was received" for you at that point?

Mine just got changed to “finger print fee received” for my i485 but not i765 today but when I called they said no biometrics are scheduled yeT

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To answer my own question, per other forums, apparently the status does not typically get updated when a biometrics appointment is scheduled for you. Apparently just need to keep a close eye on the mail (also because it can be scheduled on relatively short notice, e.g. 7 days).

On 10/27/2020 at 9:19 PM, BCG said:

Ours did not change

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.