Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
10 hours ago, JR&MR said:

My case is also ready to be scheduled for an interview. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing?

Generally no, many i751 require an interview and are rarely waived. If you got your green card when you arrived in the USA with a CR1 visa then you are going to be interviewed those green card holders that were interviewed by the state department at the embassy not USCIS. USCIS would like an opportunity to interview both the petitioner and spouse at some point during the final green card process. If you adjusted status in the USA, USCIS already interviewed you and your spouse when you got the green card, those interviews are almost all waved.

USCIS also will interview some selected random i751 cases for quality control purposes. 

And yes, if USCIS suspects a marriage is not valid or fraudulent they will interview those cases for sure, but that is a small number of cases.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

9 hours ago, da95826 said:

Generally no, many i751 require an interview and are rarely waived. If you got your green card when you arrived in the USA with a CR1 visa then you are going to be interviewed those green card holders that were interviewed by the state department at the embassy not USCIS. USCIS would like an opportunity to interview both the petitioner and spouse at some point during the final green card process. If you adjusted status in the USA, USCIS already interviewed you and your spouse when you got the green card, those interviews are almost all waved.

USCIS also will interview some selected random i751 cases for quality control purposes. 

And yes, if USCIS suspects a marriage is not valid or fraudulent they will interview those cases for sure, but that is a small number of cases.

Thank you! I was so worried about it but it sounds like everyone goes through the same process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, JR&MR said:

I was so worried about it but it sounds like everyone goes through the same process

For your case, it is normal and expected you will get an i751 interview due to the way you got your green card.

Good luck, you will need to wait until your local USCIS field office to schedule your case for an interview, it will be many months as they are backlogged.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

I've had my I-751 Initial Interview scheduled for this month, I've been reading this forum for a couple of days but haven't came across a question.

the checklist of the interview notice asks to bring ( All travel documents used to enter the united states, including passports and Arrival/Departure Document (Form I-94).

what documents are they asking to bring other then Passport, if any.

I don't remember if I was issued a paper copy of Form I-94 at the time of entry, searched online and found this https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home where I can retrieve a digital copy of my record. but  This does not have my travel records. ?

there are so many different information's on the internet regarding this, some also says that for Citizen's of U.S and Permanent Resident's they don't need this form to prove legal entry to U.S.

has anyone been asked to show I-94 in there interview or any point of there I-751 case? 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, JR&MR said:

My case is also ready to be scheduled for an interview. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing? I always assumed that if you needed an interview it's because they have doubts on the validity of your marriage? Our marriage is solid and we submitted everything, pictures and all. We didn't get an RFE so this comes as a surprise. 

Interviews are pretty much the norm. If you’ve not already been interviewed within the US (AOS) I think an interview is essential for ROC. 

Most people that don’t get an RFE will still be scheduled an interview, nothing to worry about. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, Bob in Boston said:

Yes

thanks for reply 🙏

so even i still have pending RFE for my ROC, Im still qualified to apply for Citizenship? 

6 hours ago, Emmz said:

thanks for reply 🙏

so even i still have pending RFE for my ROC, Im still qualified to apply for Citizenship? 

To my knowledge, you would qualify to apply if you met the time requirements, but you won't be approved until your removal of conditions has been processed. If you did end up applying for citizenship, this could come in the form of a combo interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, HarryWL said:

To my knowledge, you would qualify to apply if you met the time requirements, but you won't be approved until your removal of conditions has been processed. If you did end up applying for citizenship, this could come in the form of a combo interview.

thanks so much yeah thats my plan to have combo interview coz itz been more than 90 days for my RFE response since then no update from uscis i even talk to tier 2 they told me its still under review

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Kensto777 said:

Interview today and left with a letter saying they need up 180 days to review. Interview was schedule for 7am but with all the screening, interview was about around 7:45am. Ask me about 4 questions and my wife 5 questions. Just now I check u

USCIS case status and seen new card being produced.

Congratulations! You did it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Need some help guys. I'm a SEPT 2020 filer. we have the MSC Case #. So my spouse got the extension in OCT 2020 and they scheduled for the biometrics in DEC 2020. and after that for many months we didn't get any updates. Nothing from Jan to June. And I just got busy with life and lost track. we just checked again this week.... and it says as of Aug 11 they are set to schedule an interview. My spouse and I know for sure we didn't get any mail related to that. So I guess the interview date has not been scheduled.  Good thing we checked the status now.

I read many ppl saying for MSC cases an in person interview is a standard now. What can we expect at this interview? and could it be many months from now? or sooner? My wife's 18 month extension for now expires in MAY 2022. (And by this Nov- nxt month basically -- my wife spouse will have been in the US for 3 yrs as she landed here in NOV 2018)

Edited by TonyK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Need some help guys. I'm a SEPT 2020 filer. we have the MSC Case #. So my spouse got the extension in OCT 2020 and they scheduled for the biometrics in DEC 2020. and after that for many months we didn't get any updates. Nothing from Jan to June. And I just got busy with life and lost track. we just checked again this week.... and it says as of Aug 11 they are set to schedule an interview. My spouse and I know for sure we didn't get any mail related to that. So I guess the interview date has not been scheduled.  Good thing we checked the status now.

I read many ppl saying for MSC cases an in person interview is a standard now. What can we expect at this interview? and could it be many months from now? or sooner? My wife's 18 month extension for now expires in MAY 2022. (And by this Nov- nxt month basically -- my wife spouse will have been in the US for 3 yrs as she landed here in NOV 2018)

Same happen to me after applying for my citizenship I checked and the status of my green card condition removal says they will schedule my interview. I think MSC sept filer will get interview in coming months. 

Hi everyone! question to those who applied for Naturalization under 3 year married to USC: on the travel history, employment and addressees, should i also include those that are out of LPR timeline if they’re asking 5 year history? entered on CR1 on Oct 2018, applying under 3 year. Any input would be appreciated!

44 minutes ago, SnowflakesLove said:

Hi everyone! question to those who applied for Naturalization under 3 year married to USC: on the travel history, employment and addressees, should i also include those that are out of LPR timeline if they’re asking 5 year history? entered on CR1 on Oct 2018, applying under 3 year. Any input would be appreciated!

I read somewhere that when you are applying under 3 year marriage to USC, then everything that says five (5) should be treated as three (3), meaning only go back to 3 years.  

10 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

I read somewhere that when you are applying under 3 year marriage to USC, then everything that says five (5) should be treated as three (3), meaning only go back to 3 years.  

thank you for this. I'm still on research bout this and hopefully they do have these info on uscis website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.