Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, yvonme said:

Ope, never mind just read the thread. Frightening. Ours is the 20th. 

A two week lockdown until July 9th, was announced today. Along with the possibility that it might be extended, if they aren't able to clear the current outbreak. Hopefully it won't come to that, both for Sydney's sake and so that our interviews can be rescheduled. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've just joined and so I apologise if I've missed anything (I've been scouring the forums for a while now) but I figured I'd ask for thoughts. We applied for a K1 in Jan 2020, got the NOA2 in September 2020, but haven't had anything since then. We've called them and it's just 'we're waiting on the embassy' in so many words. I'm from the UK, so I'm wondering if it's simply pending until the London Embassy opens up properly. Does anyone have any ideas on that or if there's a place to look in regards to UK applicants?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Elzmd said:

I've just joined and so I apologise if I've missed anything (I've been scouring the forums for a while now) but I figured I'd ask for thoughts. We applied for a K1 in Jan 2020, got the NOA2 in September 2020, but haven't had anything since then. We've called them and it's just 'we're waiting on the embassy' in so many words. I'm from the UK, so I'm wondering if it's simply pending until the London Embassy opens up properly. Does anyone have any ideas on that or if there's a place to look in regards to UK applicants?

Yes they are backlogged are the moment but potentially trying to work through it. 

You can find more info here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline

This is so hard because my case was sent to Sydney on the 8th, and has been in transit since then. Was hoping for a Aug/Sept interview. But this lock down is giving me serious anxiety. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline

4 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

This is so hard because my case was sent to Sydney on the 8th, and has been in transit since then. Was hoping for a Aug/Sept interview. But this lock down is giving me serious anxiety. 

Its been in transit since June 8th? (per the DHL hack?) 

Timeline
17 hours ago, yvonme said:

Its been in transit since June 8th? (per the DHL hack?) 

I haven’t done the hack yet. 

Will I was waiting for it to go to Ready to do any of my submissions.

Our Timeline:

Timeline
9 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

I haven’t done the hack yet. 

Will I was waiting for it to go to Ready to do any of my submissions.

Ours never went to Ready and Sydney confirmed it wouldn't. I wouldn't wait on the website to get started on the DS160 bit and scheduling your medical

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, yvonme said:

Ours never went to Ready and Sydney confirmed it wouldn't. I wouldn't wait on the website to get started on the DS160 bit and scheduling your medical

Due to Sydney consulate being closed is the NVC still sending the petitions to Sydney as normal? 

also why wouldn’t it go to ready status 😕 just trying to prep myself for when it’s our turn :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
23 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

Due to Sydney consulate being closed is the NVC still sending the petitions to Sydney as normal? 

also why wouldn’t it go to ready status 😕 just trying to prep myself for when it’s our turn :) 

I'm not sure. They emailed us and to confirm our appointment and advised it wont be reflective on our status. The NVC agent told me if the embassy is accepting K1 visas, the application will be sent. 

Timeline

Update: Sydney emailed me this morning to let me know they had received our petition, but due to the lock down they are delayed in processing. They said I should get a follow up me with as soon as they get through the back log. So that is promising. 

Do I have to do the DS-160 before they will schedule my interview? 

EDIT: My status of CEAC is still in transit so, I guess they do not update. 

Edited by JustineC85

Our Timeline:

Timeline
5 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

Update: Sydney emailed me this morning to let me know they had received our petition, but due to the lock down they are delayed in processing. They said I should get a follow up me with as soon as they get through the back log. So that is promising. 

Do I have to do the DS-160 before they will schedule my interview? 

EDIT: My status of CEAC is still in transit so, I guess they do not update. 

Yes, you have to do the DS160 before scheduling. You’ll need to bring the DS160 confirmation page to the interview. 

Timeline

Update 2: Sydney emailed me this morning with the instructions to fill out my DS-160 and pay the fee for MRV and then they can get my interview scheduled. So I guess that means they are still processing K-1 applications. 

Our Timeline:

Timeline
16 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

Update 2: Sydney emailed me this morning with the instructions to fill out my DS-160 and pay the fee for MRV and then they can get my interview scheduled. So I guess that means they are still processing K-1 applications. 

Also get your police clearance done. They will need that. 

Select code "33" under purpose not 35.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.