Sanctus1

Checklist for filing n400 based on 3yr marriage

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi guys !

Am getting some documents ready to apply for citizenship online today based on 3yr marriage to a US citizen but a kind of confused based if I have enough evidence or documents to upload. Here are what I have for the application :

1. Copy of GC (front and back)

2. US Citizen birth certificate of my spouse.

3. Joint bank statement ( one statement from each year after we get married)

4. Utility bills ( Electricity and Wifi)

5. Lease Agreement, Credit cards statements.

6. Copy of driver's license showing both of our addresss.

7. Tax transcript of 3years

8. Marriage certificate

That's all I have, hope is enough. Another question is, on the bank statements, should I whiteout my account number and leave only the last for digits, also should I whiteout ending and beginning balances. Someone suggested that to me saying USCIS shouldn't know all those information. Thanks all as I wait for replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can only provide what you have.

Not sure about whiting-out. Normally, I download the whole form as is and just give it to USCIS. It's not like they're going to steal my $$$ when they see my balance.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Timona said:

You can only provide what you have.

Not sure about whiting-out. Normally, I download the whole form as is and just give it to USCIS. It's not like they're going to steal my $$$ when they see my balance.

Thanks Timona for your response. Thought thesame on the whitingout. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I added more bank statements than that (3 per year) and I got official ones from the bank- not personal print outs. Don’t white out/alter any information. If you are seriously concerned about USCIS stealing your bank info...well they already have your SSN so they could have done that years ago lol. Do you have joint health insurance? I provided a document from my health insurance that showed we were on the same policy. Additionally my husband is the beneficiary on my 403b so I added that as well.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
2 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

I added more bank statements than that (3 per year) and I got official ones from the bank- not personal print outs. Don’t white out/alter any information. If you are seriously concerned about USCIS stealing your bank info...well they already have your SSN so they could have done that years ago lol. Do you have joint health insurance? I provided a document from my health insurance that showed we were on the same policy. Additionally my husband is the beneficiary on my 403b so I added that as well.

Thanks Luckycuds. But due to covid, my US spouse lost his job through which we had health insurance, life insurance. Now we have nothing on insurance. What's your suggestion on this, do you think without health insurance added, there will be problem. Meanwhile, during my I-751 process, I added all of those. Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sanctus1 said:

Thanks Luckycuds. But due to covid, my US spouse lost his job through which we had health insurance, life insurance. Now we have nothing on insurance. What's your suggestion on this, do you think without health insurance added, there will be problem. Meanwhile, during my I-751 process, I added all of those. Thanks 

You shouldn’t have a problem without the joint insurance- If you had it I would submit it but since you dint don’t worry.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

You shouldn’t have a problem without the joint insurance- If you had it I would submit it but since you dint don’t worry.

Thanks Luckycuds

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sanctus1 said:

Do I need to upload our W2 as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't need the w-2 you're not trying to prove income with this just that you filed taxes and to show you filed jointly (if you did)

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

You don't need the w-2 you're not trying to prove income with this just that you filed taxes and to show you filed jointly (if you did)

Thanks thegirl for your response

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.