RunTheRoad

MY VISA JOURNEY COMPLETE: PASSPORT/CARD IN HAND, SHIPPED WITHIN A WEEK

28 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

I used the form filler, then when I submitted it, the agent told me, I need to put in my mothers "maiden" name, 

so I crossed it out, and wrote that in by hand.

Just slowed it down, didn't I??

I am not sure that slowed things down.  I had left the 'Countries I want to visit' space blank, but the agent told me I had to give some info there, so I wrote in my native country's name by hand. Didn't create an issue. 

Great! I am happy for you that is done quickly, hope I will not wait long also.

Did you filled out everything on that Form? I downloaded it and I will be puting all data in. Didnt understand about that question about traveling? Should I put my home country?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline
1 hour ago, RunTheRoad said:

I am not sure that slowed things down.  I had left the 'Countries I want to visit' space blank, but the agent told me I had to give some info there, so I wrote in my native country's name by hand. Didn't create an issue. 

Good to hear.

I understood, "countries to be visited" was only to follow the dated travel plans.

I left it blank.

Just now, NEW CITIZEN said:

Good to hear.

I understood, "countries to be visited" was only to follow the dated travel plans.

I left it blank.

Did u fill it out the dates?

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Timeline
3 hours ago, RunTheRoad said:

the online Form Filler which lets you download the completed application form along with a bar code

I made a copy for me.

I can scan the QF at the upper left with my phone. (QF Reader by Tap Media)

Which is pretty much page 1 information.

But I can't scan the barcode at the bottom.

Might be the printer causing blurry lines.

7 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

Did you filled out everything on that Form? I downloaded it and I will be puting all data in. Didnt understand about that question about traveling? Should I put my home country?

I don't remember leaving any space blank, so yes, I must have filled in all of it. #18  is about countries that you want to visit, including anticipated travel dates. I didn't have any immediate travel plans, so I had left that space blank. The very nice gentleman at my local post office said I should be filling it in, so I added my home country with a tentative travel date for next year. Remember, you don't need to have confirmed travel plans,  so just put in a tentative date.

7 hours ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

Good to hear.

I left it blank.

That's what I thought too. But I took the advice of the USPS agent and filled it in, including tentative dates. I didn't think it would hurt. However, I don't think that was what caused them to do the speedy processing :)

Edited by RunTheRoad

7 hours ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

I made a copy for me.

I can scan the QF at the upper left with my phone. (QF Reader by Tap Media)

Which is pretty much page 1 information.

But I can't scan the barcode at the bottom.

Might be the printer causing blurry lines.

I worried about blurry printer ink too, so I didn't use my home printer/scananer. Took it to Staples to get it printed and also make a high resolution photocopy of my Naturalization Cert.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, RunTheRoad said:

Today, I completed the final step in my visa journey. I received my passport and passport card via separate mailings. Naturalized on July 8, applied for passport July 22, via my local NJ post office, standard processing. So, essentially, within eight business days!

I want to thank this wonderful VJ community for all that it has done for me: right from the time of my AOS  in 2012 down to this moment, when my immigration journey is at its final stop. Love you all and may this community go from strength to strength.

For those of you asking how I got my passport in such record time, my answer is I honestly do not know. I had braced myself for a very long wait time, reading from other timelines. What MAY HAVE helped is that I did not submit an application filled by hand, but one that used the online Form Filler which lets you download the completed application form along with a bar code that practically eliminates manual labor from the processing time. It looks like my passport went straight to printing (the same day my check was cashed). I have been reading that when you hand fill an application, the staff then has to manually enter data into their database and that takes a very long time, due to reduced staff hours. Trust me, automation does have its benefits, so go ahead and use the Form Filler. My passport was shipped from the Little Rock, Arkansas regional office.

To all those of you nearing the end of your journeys too, congratulations and see you on the other side. To those halfway there, more power unto you and godspeed! I remain forever grateful to the relationships this group fosters.

Congratulations!!!! I don't even know you, and I've choked up. Best wishes to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

the barcode in auto-fill form and a hardcopy file seems to be identical so I am not sure how they could track data from the barcode.

7 hours ago, RunTheRoad said:

I don't remember leaving any space blank, so yes, I must have filled in all of it. #18  is about countries that you want to visit, including anticipated travel dates. I didn't have any immediate travel plans, so I had left that space blank. The very nice gentleman at my local post office said I should be filling it in, so I added my home country with a tentative travel date for next year. Remember, you don't need to have confirmed travel plans,  so just put in a tentative date.

Thank You

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.