35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Everyone, I’m about to submit my EAD renewal. Please I need help confirming I have the right documents: 

EAD

1. Form G-1145

2. I-1765

3. 2 passports 

4. EAD tear-off portion 

5. EAD cars copy, back and front 

6. form I-797C

7. passport biography 

8. I94

9.Visa copy 

Same documents for Travel authorisation 

Thank you!!!

57 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

3. 2 passports

The form instructions do say to include passport-style photographs. I'll just note that for my first C9 EAD renewal (filed Dec. 2018 and approved Sep. 2019) I didn't include them and I had no issues. I recently filed my second C9 renewal (filed July 2020) without them and the lockbox accepted the filing and sent me the 2 receipt notices. In both experiences they sent me a "Biometric Reuse" notice: "U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment."

57 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Please I need help confirming I have the right documents

Below are examples of the optional cover letters:

[Street Number and Name]

[City, State ZIP]

[Month Day, Year]

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Applicant: [Applicant's Full Name]

A-Number: [A-Number]

To Whom It May Concern:

My Adjustment of Status case, [Case Number], is pending. I’m filing my Advance Parole Document (I-131) application concurrently with this request for an Employment Authorization Document (I-765). I filed the I-485 after July 29, 2007, and paid a one-time filing fee. Therefore, as an Adjustment of Status applicant, I am not required to pay additional USCIS fees for this I-765 request.

I am enclosing the following documents in support of my application for Employment Authorization:

1. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  3. Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt notice of pending I-485
  4. Copy of my current Employment Authorization Document that expires within 180 days
  5. Copy of I-797, Notice of Action, approval notice of current I-766

I am requesting that your office promptly approve my request for an Employment Authorization Document. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for the time taken in this case.

Sincerely,

[Applicant's Full Name]

[Street Number and Name]

[City, State ZIP]

[Month Day, Year]

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: I-131, Application for Travel Document

Applicant: [Applicant's Full Name]

A-Number: [A-Number]

To Whom It May Concern:

My Adjustment of Status case, [Case Number], is pending. I’m filing my Employment Authorization (I-765) application concurrently with this request for an Advance Parole Document (I-131). I filed the I-485 after July 29, 2007, and paid a one-time filing fee. Therefore, as an Adjustment of Status applicant, I am not required to pay additional USCIS fees for this I-131 request.

I am enclosing the following documents in support of my application for Advance Parole:

1. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
  2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  3. Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt notice of pending I-485
  4. Copy of my current Employment Authorization Document that says "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole" and expires within 180 days
  5. Copy of I-797, Notice of Action, approval notice of current I-766

I am requesting that your office promptly approve my request for an Advance Parole Document. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at

(000) 000-0000. Thank you for the time taken in this case.

Sincerely,

[Applicant's Full Name]

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, KennethBk said:

Hey Everyone, I’m about to submit my EAD renewal. Please I need help confirming I have the right documents: 

EAD

1. Form G-1145

2. I-1765

3. 2 passports 

4. EAD tear-off portion 

6. form I-797C

7. passport biography 

8. I94

9.Visa copy 

Thank you!!!

If the I-797C you mentioned is the NOA 1 from AOS. Then you don't need anything else.

Timeline
7 hours ago, HRQX said:

The form instructions do say to include passport-style photographs. I'll just note that for my first C9 EAD renewal (filed Dec. 2018 and approved Sep. 2019) I didn't include them and I had no issues. I recently filed my second C9 renewal (filed July 2020) without them and the lockbox accepted the filing and sent me the 2 receipt notices. In both experiences they sent me a "Biometric Reuse" notice: "U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment."

You're probably lucky. Last week a saw a post here on VJ that they got a RFE for 2 passport pictures for a EAD renewal packet.

Timeline
8 hours ago, KennethBk said:

EAD

1. Form G-1145

2. I-1765

3. 2 passports 

4. EAD tear-off portion 

6. form I-797C

7. passport biography 

8. I94

9.Visa copy 

Thank you!!!

Remember to send 131 as well. Otherwise you won't get a combo card.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
8 hours ago, HRQX said:

Thank you for the cover letter!!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

If the I-797C you mentioned is the NOA 1 from AOS. Then you don't need anything else.

Yeah it’s the Noa for the AOS, I’m doing the same for the 131. Thank you for responding!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just as a note, it's a slim chance you will get another combo card. The work permit is processed electronically now, so you will get an IOE case number for that, and probably have the card in about a month, it is processed pretty quickly. Your travel AP card is still processed the old fashioned way I'm pretty sure, you will get a standard case number for that, and it will take 4-5 months to process. This is what happened when I renewed my wife's EAD/AP card earlier this year. Let me know if it is handled differently now, you will know as soon as you get the case numbers for each petition. We had her EAD in a month, and had the AOS interview before the AP card was produced. Funny thing, the AP card showed up about a month after she had her green card. LOL, how's that for government efficiency.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

When I filed for my 2nd C9 renewal a month ago both case numbers started with IOE.

Ok, so maybe they have them both processing electronically now, I wasn't sure if that had happened. That's a good thing as a combo card may happen then if they are both processed the same way. I renewed my wife's back in January I believe.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Just as a note, it's a slim chance you will get another combo card. The work permit is processed electronically now, so you will get an IOE case number for that, and probably have the card in about a month, it is processed pretty quickly. Your travel AP card is still processed the old fashioned way I'm pretty sure, you will get a standard case number for that, and it will take 4-5 months to process. This is what happened when I renewed my wife's EAD/AP card earlier this year. Let me know if it is handled differently now, you will know as soon as you get the case numbers for each petition. We had her EAD in a month, and had the AOS interview before the AP card was produced. Funny thing, the AP card showed up about a month after she had her green card. LOL, how's that for government efficiency.

Thank you, I’ll let you know when I receive the Case number!!!

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, KennethBk said:

Thank you, I’ll let you know when I receive the Case number!!!

Did you receive case numbers and were they both IOE?

I filed for a combo card renewal (received by USCIS about 3 weeks ago) and have heard nothing from them. Not even a text confirmation.

Timeline
3 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

I filed for a combo card renewal (received by USCIS about 3 weeks ago) and have heard nothing from them. Not even a text confirmation.

Hey, yeah they are both IOE. I think mine took two weeks to receive the Noa1. I think they are very slow now, I’ve been waiting for two weeks to receive my AOS interview letter. 

12 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

My husband and I sent his combo card renewal out on the 28th of last month and got texts on the 14th. We received the NOA's earlier this week. His AOS status updated on the 16th to interview scheduled and USPS informed delivery says the letter should arrive today or possibly tomorrow. I hope that you will hear something soon..

Edited by H&G

16 hours ago, KennethBk said:

Hey, yeah they are both IOE. I think mine took two weeks to receive the Noa1. I think they are very slow now, I’ve been waiting for two weeks to receive my AOS interview letter. 

Thanks for the confirmation. That's good to know. I hope you get your interview date sorted out soon and it all goes well.

6 hours ago, H&G said:

My husband and I sent his combo card renewal out on the 28th of last month and got texts on the 14th. We received the NOA's earlier this week. His AOS status updated on the 16th to interview scheduled and USPS informed delivery says the letter should arrive today or possibly tomorrow. I hope that you will hear something soon..

Thanks for the encouraging words. Much appreciated. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Best of luck with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.