Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joppike said:

My sister-in-law who works closely with the embassy said that they were scheduling interviews last week and expected that we would have an announcement by the end of last week. Well last week came and went with no news. But we had members on VJ state that the ones who had their interviews initially canceled due to Covid are being scheduled for interviews October 13th. However as far as I know these are the only interviews being scheduled and this may be the case for the next couple of weeks. These members were initially document qualified back in February 2020.

My assumption is that once they have worked through the backlog of canceled interviews and start resuming NEW interviews, we will see an announcement. This is a worst case scenario as other embassies announced their opening within a week or two of scheduling their own canceled interviews. So let’s see, I think we will almost certainly see an announcement in the next 3 weeks, but I have been wrong before (about last week). The Islamabad embassy is opening much slower than others.

IDK, but this all waiting with so much delay, I am feeling really depressed. I hope they resume phase 3 very soon now because I am tired of waiting. I feel like my case may be prolonged until 2022, due to fact it could go in AP after interview too... :crying: I've almost lost hope. 😞

Edited by Lexushim

2 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

IDK, but this all waiting with so much delay, I am feeling really depressed. I hope they resume phase 3 very soon now because I am tired of waiting. I feel like my case may be prolonged until 2022, due to fact it could go in AP after interview too... :crying: I've almost lost hope. 😞

Pretty much everyone is in the same boat like you,everyone is waiting for their Interview.so just wait patiently,everyone has to wait for there turn.don't lose hope yet,hopefully it will work out for everyone. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Joppike said:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

The ones I have seen successful here are usually due to financial plus another valid reason. Also, it does not impact the processing of your CR1 otherwise. 

It’s a long shot though and many more get rejected than accepted. But it’s worth a shot if you qualify.

When were you DQ’ed? Yes, the wait is pretty awful, it’s slowing down a lot of people’s lives. Is there a way you can visit your spouse? Very few countries are issuing visas to Pakistanis due to Covid, so he does not have too many options to go anywhere either way. 

I am finally flying out to Pakistan next month.... hope I feel better this time. But Pakistan's security isn't the best... so many scary news every day... it makes me very nervous. It's truly a long wait. Life has gone on PAUSE. Hope things get better for everyone... Inshallah very soon.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zack36 said:

Pretty much everyone is in the same boat like you,everyone is waiting for their Interview.so just wait patiently,everyone has to wait for there turn.don't lose hope yet,hopefully it will work out for everyone. 

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

I am finally flying out to Pakistan next month.... hope I feel better this time. But Pakistan's security isn't the best... so many scary news every day... it makes me very nervous. It's truly a long wait. Life has gone on PAUSE. Hope things get better for everyone... Inshallah very soon.

That's good,go visit your significant other and spend some time with each other.ah security isn't that bad in Pakistan but each to their own I guess.at least it will ease your mind a little bit,since you gonna be with your partner.good luck out there and have a safe trip out there. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Zack36 said:

Well try to get an advice from an immigration lawyer or attorney whatever it's called.they would give you the best advice,If you can expedite your case or not.i would seek advice from someone who actually knows around the immigration rules.

I emailed them sent an inquiry myself saying i have finicial problems due to which i need to expediete i hope it helps out in any way

Timeline
1 hour ago, Skull78000 said:

I emailed them sent an inquiry myself saying i have finicial problems due to which i need to expediete i hope it helps out in any way

Usually medical or financial hardship are reasons for expedite. I spoke to NVC and they said it all depends on if you feel its a hardship or valid reason to expedite. Everyone's situation is different but you will need to send in supporting documents to indicate that it is a hardship for expedite. I hope this helps you. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, IFK said:

Usually medical or financial hardship are reasons for expedite. I spoke to NVC and they said it all depends on if you feel its a hardship or valid reason to expedite. Everyone's situation is different but you will need to send in supporting documents to indicate that it is a hardship for expedite. I hope this helps you. 

Thank you soo soo much . But what documents can we send in for real hardships? I mean its risking our marriage 😭  can you please give some examples of what documentation 😫😭 i m doing this myself without help from anyone.

Just now, Skull78000 said:

Thank you soo soo much . But what documents can we send in for real hardships? I mean its risking our marriage 😭 

Literally having anxiety 😫😫

Edited by Skull78000

5 minutes ago, Skull78000 said:

Thank you soo soo much . But what documents can we send in for real hardships? I mean its risking our marriage 😭  can you please give some examples of what documentation 😫😭 i m doing this myself without help from anyone.

Literally having anxiety 😫😫

If you are not working then you will have to show them that you don’t have a job and a letter explaining why you are unable to work. Along with that you will need supporting documentation of why you cannot work. Your bank statements showing insufficient funds, and any bills and payments that are under your name that you have make payments for on a monthly basis.

you can always try to visit your husband. 2 years is a long time but in marriage you have to support each other and compromise no matter what life throws at you. And open communication is the first step to do that. This situation is out of both of your control and all of us are in this together.

you can always share why your documents keep getting rejected and our community here can try to guide you in the right direction if you cannot afford a lawyer.

Edited by aishaTayyab

Timeline
53 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

If you are not working then you will have to show them that you don’t have a job and a letter explaining why you are unable to work. Along with that you will need supporting documentation of why you cannot work. Your bank statements showing insufficient funds, and any bills and payments that are under your name that you have make payments for on a monthly basis.

you can always try to visit your husband. 2 years is a long time but in marriage you have to support each other and compromise no matter what life throws at you. And open communication is the first step to do that. This situation is out of both of your control and all of us are in this together.

you can always share why your documents keep getting rejected and our community here can try to guide you in the right direction if you cannot afford a lawyer.

Thank you so much for the help . What could be the medicial reason for expedeite 😭

53 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Its just too much all this wait   its just unbearble out of control now . Marriages are literally breaking due to this reason . 😩😩😭  ive read medicial could be one of the reason 🙁😖 what medicial problem?

Edited by Skull78000

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.