Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, fahadqureshi said:

Does anyone know what is expected in terms of NVC interview letter? I did not get a letter in the mail but an email informing me about my interview appointment. Do I just print out the email and take that with me? 

The email is your IL and you’ll have to take a print out of it with you to medical and embassy

Timeline
1 minute ago, zellahy said:

The email is your IL and you’ll have to take a print out of it with you to medical and embassy

Thanks for the quick reply. Follow-up question, with regards to providing original documentation is that applicable only to the applicants documents or the petitioners as well. For example I created and submitted the AOS documents from the US and I have the originals with me, same for naturalization certificate and other similar documents. My family in Pakistan only has a copy of it and not the originals, I assume it is ok to take copies of those documents?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fahadqureshi said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Follow-up question, with regards to providing original documentation is that applicable only to the applicants documents or the petitioners as well. For example I created and submitted the AOS documents from the US and I have the originals with me, same for naturalization certificate and other similar documents. My family in Pakistan only has a copy of it and not the originals, I assume it is ok to take copies of those documents?

For the AOS documents, printout or photocopy is fine. Also, if you have uploaded those documents on the CEAC portal, they might not ask for them but good to have just in case.

For applicants documents, they should have both original and a copy of all documents as well as whatever you’re submitting as proof of relationship and passport photos taken in the last 6 months.

Timeline
On 4/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

Any idea when they will speed up the process just like what india did ? Anyone

Yeah i know mumbai embassy have issuses many more 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:53 AM, Raja007 said:

Hopefully they will as I have seen people saying that they have hired lot of people so hopefully they will speed up the process to eliminate the backlog.

I have seen mumbai embassy worked faster after issuing letters to jan 2021 DQs may be less number of people got DQ after jan 2021 in CR and IR1 categories ? Agree or not ?

Any updates of new interview letter in islamabad embassy of IR & CR1

Timeline
6 hours ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

I have seen mumbai embassy worked faster after issuing letters to jan 2021 DQs may be less number of people got DQ after jan 2021 in CR and IR1 categories ? Agree or not ?

Just to clarify, not everyone who is applying for IR1/CR1 from Pakistan knows about VisaJourney, let alone is a member of VJ. Which means only those who are a VJ member are able to report about issuance of interview letters. So if you do not hear any updates regarding any ILs, it does not necessarily imply that ISB consulate isn't giving out interview dates to people in IR1/CR1 category  each week or month. They are but it is not being reported by all individuals. Let's get this clear. 

13 hours ago, fahadqureshi said:

What's your dq date and category  ? 

10 hours ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

I can't say with certainty if it's true or not but one thing is for sure Mumbai might have way more cases than ISL embassy and they are processing cases way more quickly than ISL embassy. Hopefully ISL embassy will start doing same.

Timeline
On 4/24/2022 at 3:04 PM, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

So far they have issued ILs for people with DQ of 24 Jan 2021. Unsure if they've covered all of Jan 24 or partially. The interview dates covered are till May 19 which still leaves a few days open and maybe more applicants receive their ILs to cover those dates soon

Timeline
5 hours ago, zellahy said:

So far they have issued ILs for people with DQ of 24 Jan 2021. Unsure if they've covered all of Jan 24 or partially. The interview dates covered are till May 19 which still leaves a few days open and maybe more applicants receive their ILs to cover those dates soon

Are you sure they have covered till 24th of jan

Timeline
7 hours ago, zellahy said:

Hi Zellahy,

Are you definitely sure of Jan 24 2021 DQ's for Islamabad US Embassy?  Many forums as of today are saying IL's for Islamabad Embassy have only been issued up til  DQ's of Jan 16 2021.

Edited by Tariq&Farzeen

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tariq&Farzeen said:

Hi Zellahy,

Are you definitely sure of Jan 24 2021 DQ's for Islamabad US Embassy?  Many forums as of today are saying IL's for Islamabad Embassy have only been issued up til  DQ's of Jan 16 2021.

Sorry I mistyped I meant 14 but since you've seen posts till Jan 16 then that would be the latest DQ yet. What was the interview date for the person with 16 Jan 2021 DQ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~As this thread started out with the OP's question about the consulate not being open and had exceeded 200 pages of many random posts and completely off topic it will remain locked. If someone would like to start a country specific thread please do so in the proper regional forum.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.