Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ash zaheer said:

There are no hours showing up on google for embassy, but it shows open over there. Since 2 days there is nothing which means they are not open. They are preparing the embassy to reopen I guess.

Are you also waiting for an interview?

• 3 weeks later...

*** Topic moved to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion  section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 8/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, Joppike said:

Not opening this week as per my source. New ambassador coming in September apparently so there’s hope. Pakistan is one of the last embassies to open so I would not expect any news until September.

Your source was correct apparently. Please keep us posted on anything else you hear. Thank you! 

20 hours ago, Thunder93 said:

Your source was correct apparently. Please keep us posted on anything else you hear. Thank you! 

This isn’t new. Amb Jones was leaving since 2 weeks ago. 

Most likely they were waiting for Muharam 9 & 10. When religious gathering take place. Embassy is running with or w/o ambassador. Today 2 ppl got visa issue for expedited  case

On 8/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, Ash zaheer said:

There are no hours showing up on google for embassy, but it shows open over there. Since 2 days there is nothing which means they are not open. They are preparing the embassy to reopen I guess.

Not anytime soon. Know someone who works there, and they don’t have any plans of opening this week either. 

USCIS continues to process Visa Applications but the backlog at the embassy will be quite enormous once it finally opens. No news of hiring any new embassy staff to take care of the backlog either. New spousal applicants from Pakistan will see a prolonged waiting time.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Joppike said:

Not anytime soon. Know someone who works there, and they don’t have any plans of opening this week either. 

USCIS continues to process Visa Applications but the backlog at the embassy will be quite enormous once it finally opens. No news of hiring any new embassy staff to take care of the backlog either. New spousal applicants from Pakistan will see a prolonged waiting time.

But the embassy is issuing visas. Our case was in AP since nov 2018. Do you think we are near the approval? because i heard they are calling people for second interview. 

57 minutes ago, Ash zaheer said:

But the embassy is issuing visas. Our case was in AP since nov 2018. Do you think we are near the approval? because i heard they are calling people for second interview. 

Those in AP are a different matter and seem to be getting interviews. I’m referring to individuals waiting for their first CR-1/K1 interview at the embassy.

Timeline

After the interview ofcr told my husband that everthing looks good and interview went well. She handed my husband a white paper and told him about the email they are going to send us. We got an email and replied them back with the work and residence history, siblings DOB and few other questions. Since then our case was in AP. They didnt ask for any doc. And I am petitioner (wife).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.