Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, HRQX said:

It was common pre-covid (i.e. out of town on that date, etc.), but even now you have a strong reason since it's a big mistake on their end. You did everything properly by reporting the change of address and you also followed-up on that.

Thank you. I'll give it a go - and report back here in case anyone else ends up having a similar situation. Really appreciate your help, thank you. 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, lgb2015 said:

Guys I'm so frustrated 😩can I vent for a second? My husband and I moved to a new state in September, we notified USCIS immediately, I called 2 times to ensure my address was updated correctly for all forms (which it wasn't the first time, but was corrected and fine the second time I called), and we have received RFIE for I-944 at the new address (so I know they have it!). Today, I get a message from someone at my old address saying that they received a notice for biometrics me today (yay!!) BUT it's in my OLD ASC LOCATION (15+ hours drive away and on 22nd Dec!). I know so many of us have been waiting for biometrics, and I can't bear the thought of rescheduling after waiting so long, but flights are ridiculous and it's so far! I will call on Monday and see what they suggest. Ok, pity party over, I'm just sad and frustrated in this process 😔.

Great to see the Biometrics reports trickling in but leave it to the USCIS to ruin good news! 😂  How annoying. Hopefully their mistake works out in your favor and lets you "skip the line" at your local ASC but sorry you have to go through it! Good luck!! 

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

On 12/4/2020 at 2:05 PM, A&W123 said:

The letter is for biometrics appointment. It is schedules on Dec 24 lol!!

Congrats 👏🏽 I have the same timeline as you for AOS submission and rfe, hope I get bio soon too 😩 for my Christmas gift.

13 hours ago, Tigerlily87 said:

Just got a notice for an rfe I’m guessing it’s the I 944

Yes most likely! USCIS is very confused with the I944.

2 minutes ago, Amw_2020 said:

For those who got biometrics appointments, did you get an email notification/case status update first before getting it in the mail? 

No update / notification for me - just the letter notice in the mail. 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

5 hours ago, Amw_2020 said:

For those who got biometrics appointments, did you get an email notification/case status update first before getting it in the mail? 

nothing for me either, no email, no text, no update, still says "we sent you a RFIE ( which was i-944). 

Biometrics done some hours ago at ASC (Orlando, FL)
Only concern is that my Appointment Notice was only related to I-485, not I-765.

I asked the officer about that and it seems for my case I will receive another appointment later.

I don't know exactly why they do sometimes separately.

Does anyone have the same experience?

That's crazy because my wife applied with me and she received only one appointment for both (I-485 and I-765).

56 minutes ago, DanCode7703 said:

Only concern is that my Appointment Notice was only related to I-485, not I-765.

I asked the officer about that and it seems for my case I will receive another appointment later.

That's crazy because my wife applied with me and she received only one appointment for both (I-485 and I-765).

@DanCode7703, when was your RD/PD? Mine was end-of-July with the same Field Office as you, still waiting for a biometrics appointment.. My sponsor is a U.S.C. though and my application included I-944 and all documentation with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My wife received her 797's on August 29th and since that time we have heard nothing.  We assumed it is all "due to covid."  We sent an email regarding her status to USCIS back on November 4th, and was advised we would receive a reply by Nov 28th, and still nothing.  How responsive has USCIS been for other folks who are attempting to check their status?  Additionally, all North Texas SS offices refused to see us until Nov 7th, and by that time they said there was nothing in the system for my wife.  Unbelievable.... we follow all the guidelines and procedures, submit documents 7 weeks before the 90 day expiration, and because 90% of Federal employees are sitting safe at home it is somehow our fault and our problem.

Thanks 

51 minutes ago, a9327 said:

@DanCode7703, when was your RD/PD? Mine was end-of-July with the same Field Office as you, still waiting for a biometrics appointment.. My sponsor is a U.S.C. though and my application included I-944 and all documentation with it.

My PD is August 17th.

As we can see, biometric doesn't have any logic or order.
But I think you don't need to worry yet, probably it's coming soon.

Edited by DanCode7703

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, DanCode7703 said:

Wow congrats @DanCode7703!! Yes it's crazy. My wife had them separately too. It don't make sense to me but it is what is it.

Edited by Justin & Sara

58 minutes ago, Justin & Sara said:

Wow congrats @DanCode7703!! Yes it's crazy. My wife had them separately too. It don't make sense to me but it is what is it.

hehe Agree!
So, did she already do the second appointment?

if yes, how many days did you guys receive the second letter?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, DanCode7703 said:

hehe Agree!
So, did she already do the second appointment?

if yes, how many days did you guys receive the second letter?

Thanks!

Yes she did it on last Friday for I-485 and it took about 3 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, 1985dobie said:

My wife received her 797's on August 29th and since that time we have heard nothing.  We assumed it is all "due to covid."  We sent an email regarding her status to USCIS back on November 4th, and was advised we would receive a reply by Nov 28th, and still nothing.  How responsive has USCIS been for other folks who are attempting to check their status?  Additionally, all North Texas SS offices refused to see us until Nov 7th, and by that time they said there was nothing in the system for my wife.  Unbelievable.... we follow all the guidelines and procedures, submit documents 7 weeks before the 90 day expiration, and because 90% of Federal employees are sitting safe at home it is somehow our fault and our problem.

Thanks 

i still have not heard anything back either. got our 797s on Aug 11. i think my area (dc) may have a heavy case load. i will probably call this week though to be sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.