LondonerCat

Unable to book interview after expedite accepted

38 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Usually for expedites the embassy contacts the applicant once they are ready. This can be in form of an email advising the applicant to schedule, or in the form of a call directly providing the interview date.

I haven't heard of a case where the "expedite approved" email from NVC would allow the applicant to book an interview without any interaction with the embassy first.

What does the NVC email state? Should be something along the lines that the case is being forwarded to the embassy, and that the embassy will contact you directly?

Hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

This answer! Expedite request is for nvc stage, when it reaches to embassies/consulates, you are in line, except it is an emergency. 

I contacted the embassy today to ask them what the next steps should be and they advised me to book online via the appointment system. It also says in the email ‘we do not operate a waiting list’ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

haven't heard of a case where the "expedite approved" email from NVC would allow the applicant to book an interview without any interaction with the embassy first.

It happens in London. It’s not the email itself, but knowing the LND case number and that the file is in London as indicated by “ready” on CEAC.

@LondonerCat Do you remember this thread and my post?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/743838-nvc-expedite-timeline/?do=findComment&comment=10199108 

Follow down reading and you will find, 8bithearts was able to get in the system and schedule an interview without anything from the embassy in London.. The interview was today actually.

Edited by Wuozopo

47 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It happens in London. It’s not the email itself, but knowing the LND case number and that the file is in London as indicated by “ready” on CEAC.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/743838-nvc-expedite-timeline/?do=findComment&comment=10199108 

Follow down reading and you will find, 8bithearts was able to get in the system and schedule an interview without anything from the embassy in London.. The interview was today actually.

Thank you - I will try again to book tomorrow! 🙂 

I never heard from the embassy when our expedite was approved, I waited a week when it was at ready status waiting to hear from them, and I just booked it in the end using the second option.

I had my interview last Thursday, they never asked to see anything about the expedite approval or an email saying “book”. We’re just waiting on our passports back now so hoping it’s soon!!

1 hour ago, Eladnolnod said:

@LondonerCat I managed to login 5 minutes ago and book an appointment!

Amazing, well done! Same way as before? When did you book for, were there many dates? 

9 minutes ago, LondonerCat said:

Amazing, well done! Same way as before? When did you book for, were there many dates? 

Yes, the exact way we tried before. It should (hopefully) let you in now? 

there are three dates left - 13th, 17th & 24th!

21 minutes ago, Eladnolnod said:

Yes, the exact way we tried before. It should (hopefully) let you in now? 

there are three dates left - 13th, 17th & 24th!

I did it! Omg! Now... what to wear?!😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've got an expedited appointment at London embassy, they booked it for me after requesting it, unsure if they do the same for everyone but hopefully it helps !

23 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Absolutely true, and to this day I never got anything direct from the embassy,

They did call me up on the morning of the interview (which was set for 2pm) to ask if I wanted to turn up earlier, I told them I was travelling and they said to just come straight to the embassy don't worry about the 2pm appointment.

I got a 221(g) for a missing W-2 that we 100% definitely uploaded to the NVC portal.  I couriered it to them today so hopefully I wont be waiting too long, it pretty much contains the same info on the other tax form they did get (1080) so I cant see there being a problem with it, they just needed it.

my advice take everything because it seems the NVC cannot be totally relied on to send everything to the embassy!

On 7/31/2020 at 7:13 PM, Ah96 said:

I've got an expedited appointment at London embassy, they booked it for me after requesting it, unsure if they do the same for everyone but hopefully it helps !

@Ah96 That's amazing! Can I ask what the circumstance was? Ours was cancelled and it's heartbreaking having to cancel the flight in September.
And were you able to book a date through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/schedule/ as I've checked every day and it's shown no dates?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, visasammy said:

@Ah96 That's amazing! Can I ask what the circumstance was? Ours was cancelled and it's heartbreaking having to cancel the flight in September.
And were you able to book a date through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/schedule/ as I've checked every day and it's shown no dates?

Thanks!

Can you fill out your timeline, visa applied for, country, consulate....

Some visa types are finding interviews in London. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.