LondonerCat

Unable to book interview after expedite accepted

38 posts in this topic

Hi all, hoping anyone can shed some light for me! 

I am the petitioner. My husbands expedite request was accepted (he needs surgery and I need to look after him- evidence accepted). 

We have an email saying it was sent to London. I tracked it and it’s ‘Ready’, so I went to book my interview via London embassy website but it says not ready!

Has anyone had similar experience? It’s been two days since the expedite was accepted so is it just a case of giving it more time? Thank you! 

F03C565B-0C90-49AE-B4BE-B804D93003D1.png

01F91A81-E9DC-4038-B450-9D55C06920B6.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, LondonerCat said:

Has anyone had similar experience? It’s been two days since the expedite was accepted so is it just a case of giving it more time? Thank you! 

The physical file is probably not at the embassy yet. Give it a day or so and you may get in. Do you get to the part where you choose a reason? Which did you pick?

Edited by Wuozopo

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The physical file is probably not at the embassy yet. Give it a day or so and you may get in. Do you get to the part where you choose a reason? Which did you pick?

Thank you - I will try again tomorrow. I assumed there wasn’t a physical file as we filed online. 

Yes - I picked ‘received email/ letter from NVC advising to book interview’. I saw another on the forum in the same position as me choose this option and I do have an email from NVC saying expedite accepted, and when I track our case on the CEAC case tracker it now shows as ‘read’.

Thank you!! 

Just now, Eladnolnod said:

I am having the exact same problem today. 

The embassy told me to book my interview and my status on ‘CEAC’ shows ready. 

Please let me know if that changes and you are able to book! Perhaps a technical issues on London’s end? When did you get the expedite approved email? Mine was Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, LondonerCat said:

Please let me know if that changes and you are able to book! Perhaps a technical issues on London’s end? When did you get the expedite approved email? Mine was Tuesday. 

Our expedite approval came on Tuesday also but the official NVC email came in the early hours of today (00:33 BST).

It showed ‘ready’ by 09:00 BST today so you are probably ahead of me. 

EDIT: Funnily enough, I just checked my ‘case last updated’ and it also shows 30th July. 

I will try to log in again later tonight and again tomorrow morning - will keep you updated if I manage to get access. 

Edited by Eladnolnod

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LondonerCat said:

Thank you - I will try again tomorrow. I assumed there wasn’t a physical file as we filed online. 

Yes - I picked ‘received email/ letter from NVC advising to book interview’. I saw another on the forum in the same position as me choose this option and I do have an email from NVC saying expedite accepted, and when I track our case on the CEAC case tracker it now shows as ‘read’.

Thank you!! 

I thought the choice should be received a letter from the EMBASSY to book an appointment. Doesn’t the choice with NVC say received notice from NVC to register and appointment. You do not want to register an appointment. You don’t have an appointment to register.  

if you have no physical file, then that’s not the problem.

Edited by Wuozopo

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I thought the choice should be received a letter from the EMBASSY to book an appointment. Doesn’t the choice with NVC say received notice from NVC to register and appointment. You do not want to register an appointment. You don’t have an appointment to register.  

Ahh... what option should I of chosen then perhaps? As the other two did not apply to me either? As I understand, expedited requests have to book their own interviews?

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

When I try to log in I chose the option that reads:

‘I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment’ 

I also filed online... maybe just the system lagging?

Timeline
Just now, LondonerCat said:

Ahh... what option should I of chosen then perhaps? As the other two did not apply to me either? As I understand, expedited requests have to book their own interviews?

I con’t remember the exact wording of the choices but you want the one that says received a letter from the embassy. (Even though you haven’t gotten a letter from the embassy, pick that. You don’t need the letter)

6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I’ve attached the options below. I have no heard from the embassy but I didn’t think people did hear directly from the embassy when they expedite, only from NVC? The rest of the options do not apply to me at all.

78783679-CA6D-46FD-B8F3-6152AC93FF79.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, LondonerCat said:

I’ve attached the options below. I have no heard from the embassy but I didn’t think people did hear directly from the embassy when they expedite, only from NVC? The rest of the options do not apply to me at all.

78783679-CA6D-46FD-B8F3-6152AC93FF79.png

The second one is what will take you to the calendar. If it isn’t then maybe just a bit early on your part. 

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I con’t remember the exact wording of the choices but you want the one that says received a letter from the embassy. (Even though you haven’t gotten a letter from the embassy, pick that. You don’t need the letter)

That’s The option I did pick and it wouldn’t let me book anything. Perhaps just needs time?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Usually for expedites the embassy contacts the applicant once they are ready. This can be in form of an email advising the applicant to schedule, or in the form of a call directly providing the interview date.

I haven't heard of a case where the "expedite approved" email from NVC would allow the applicant to book an interview without any interaction with the embassy first.

What does the NVC email state? Should be something along the lines that the case is being forwarded to the embassy, and that the embassy will contact you directly?

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Usually for expedites the embassy contacts the applicant once they are ready. This can be in form of an email advising the applicant to schedule, or in the form of a call directly providing the interview date.

I haven't heard of a case where the "expedite approved" email from NVC would allow the applicant to book an interview without any interaction with the embassy first.

What does the NVC email state? Should be something along the lines that the case is being forwarded to the embassy, and that the embassy will contact you directly?

Hope this helps.

This answer! Expedite request is for nvc stage, when it reaches to embassies/consulates, you are in line, except it is an emergency. 

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.