TVC

How many visits for the medical at St Lukes?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

So you didn't or don't have to go back day two for the results?

I don't have to go back because the same day they gave me my results in a sealed brown envelope and gave instructions.

Edited by Carin Bulado

24 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Many? I have doubt many test positive in Philippines, I would say very limited numbers do.

The issue is SLEC charges about 20 times more than it should.  

What about the 18 million illegal aliens in the USA? Did they do a medical screening for TB?

The only cases I've read about on VJ were from the Philippines - I can't say it's frequent, but it happens, and luckily these people get treated.

I hear you about the cost, most expensive medical exam I ever had - having to use a private clinic.

I wish clinics were available to screen and treat people all over the USA, citizens and immigrants, no matter how they came to the USA. That's a whole other story, and for now, I'm happy to know that they screen  when they can.  Political opinions are probably better suited for another forum though.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The lack of information and confusion at SLEC has become typical.  Subjecting a disproportionate number of applicants for sputum testing and delaying action for an additional 8 weeks is common.  There seems to be no protocol that is followed,  Sorry for the downer input but SLEC is the unjustified reason my Fiance is still in the Philippines.  Sorry to say things don't get any better with the Embassy.  They will play games with your NBI and other paperwork that you had no idea was needed.  Visa processing in USEM has went downhill since they pulled USCIS  personnel from the Embassy in 2019.   Nothing but a mess with K1 processing right now and it does not look like anyone cares.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, PWB said:

The lack of information and confusion at SLEC has become typical.  Subjecting a disproportionate number of applicants for sputum testing and delaying action for an additional 8 weeks is common.  There seems to be no protocol that is followed,  Sorry for the downer input but SLEC is the unjustified reason my Fiance is still in the Philippines.  Sorry to say things don't get any better with the Embassy.  They will play games with your NBI and other paperwork that you had no idea was needed.  Visa processing in USEM has went downhill since they pulled USCIS  personnel from the Embassy in 2019.   Nothing but a mess with K1 processing right now and it does not look like anyone cares.

USCIS personnel had nothing to do with visas or visa processing, hard to draw a correlation there.  K1 is a mess because routine serviced remain suspended. 

YMMV

Timeline
42 minutes ago, payxibka said:

USCIS personnel had nothing to do with visas or visa processing, hard to draw a correlation there.  K1 is a mess because routine serviced remain suspended. 

43 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What was the role of USCIS at USEM before they were removed?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, PWB said:

What was the role of USCIS at USEM before they were removed?

I130, I131, i360, n400, i407, i590, i600, i601, i212, i730

To name a few items.

YMMV

5 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

The only cases I've read about on VJ were from the Philippines - I can't say it's frequent, but it happens, and luckily these people get treated.

I hear you about the cost, most expensive medical exam I ever had - having to use a private clinic.

I wish clinics were available to screen and treat people all over the USA, citizens and immigrants, no matter how they came to the USA. That's a whole other story, and for now, I'm happy to know that they screen  when they can.  Political opinions are probably better suited for another forum though.

Best of luck to you and your family.

It a money grab in Philippines.  They have only one place in the entire country in Ermita area of Manila, the redlight district.  So most have to fly there to take the medical and since it's two days, most have to rent a hotel nearby which of course they are everywhere.

Cost is around 17K peso, if you went to doctor in the area and had same things done you would pay about 1000 pesos, but since they know more than likely a western will pay then you get to pay American Prices for Philippines service.

If you have had a previous marriage and divorced or annulled then you get to see the mental doctor for a psychological exam.  Good time in the Philippines 

Timeline

To be sure I emailed SLEC last night asking about the paper they gave me and she mentioned to photocopy and keep it but i asked in the email do i need to send them a copy or ita mine to keep, replied "

Mam,

The vaccination Documentation Worksheet was given to you as your personal copy.

Thank you,

soo im good 😊 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Many? I have doubt many test positive in Philippines, I would say very limited numbers do.

The issue is SLEC charges about 20 times more than it should.  

What about the 18 million illegal aliens in the USA? Did they do a medical screening for TB?

It's also a huge pain in the backside that slec is the only option. For those in Manila maybe not a big deal. My fiancée and two kids are being petitioned by me. So yes, it's expensive. 

Edited by Solaris81

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

It's also a huge pain in the backside that slec is the only option. For those in Manila maybe not a big deal. My fiancée and two kids are being petitioned by me. So yes, it's expensive. 

I agree. In my case i need to travel from Cebu to Manila still its expensive and exhausting. 

Guys I just got an email from.the embassy. 

The Embassy will be closed for normal operations on Friday, July 31 in observance of Eid al-Adha 

Thanks be to God. I know I will be celebrating Ibraham's willingness to kill his son along with them. All praise be to Allah. They really deserve a day off becuase theyve been working so hard for months!

31 minutes ago, TVC said:

Guys I just got an email from.the embassy. 

The Embassy will be closed for normal operations on Friday, July 31 in observance of Eid al-Adha 

Thanks be to God. I know I will be celebrating Ibraham's willingness to kill his son along with them. All praise be to Allah. They really deserve a day off becuase theyve been working so hard for months!

Now that's Funny :rofl:

What has the idiot who does the posting on facebook for the US Embassy in Manila posted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.