TVC

How many visits for the medical at St Lukes?

36 posts in this topic

My wife is at the medical now and theyre telling her she needs to bring the ds260 when she comes "next time." This was not mentioned on the website. Also I thought the medical would be completed in 1 day.

Edited by TVC

27 minutes ago, TVC said:

My wife is at the medical now and theyre telling her she needs to bring the ds260 when she comes "next time." This was not mentioned on the website. Also I thought the medical would be completed in 1 day.

My daughter had to go back the next day for her vaccines. It depends on the doctor. The physician she had was pretty tough on her. Even asked math questions to test her IQ. 

Edited by akat

3 minutes ago, cath0912 said:

Not at all! My mom who accompanied her said that she was asked 6x6 then she couldn't answer because she wasn't expecting it so he asked what 6x3 was and she was able to answer it. She's 11. 

So now they have added a pop quiz question as part of medical.  Thanks for the laugh.......

47 minutes ago, TVC said:

My kuya needs to go back for vaccines tomorrow. I wish there were American doctors at st lukes. Not "dont eat chicken or bread for 3 weeks and you will conceive a baby girl."

Once you realize the bottom line for the medical is just a money grab then things become much clearer. You pay US prices for Philippines services at SLEC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, TVC said:

Yesterday a CR1 applicant next to me bring her DS260 , but she was told to come back the next day because its something about her heart surgery few years ago even she provide documents she needs to come back but she had her immunization yesterday. And i asked the Dr. about applicants coming back and she said every applicant is different and sometimes it has something with medications/surgery or other problems. 

2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Once you realize the bottom line for the medical is just a money grab then things become much clearer. You pay US prices for Philippines services at SLEC.

I have a different opinion. The screening is actually an important process. Many people are found to have tuberculosis and need treatment.  It's not as prevalent in the US and a good idea to limit the new cases. Pandemic and all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

Yesterday a CR1 applicant next to me bring her DS260 , but she was told to come back the next day because its something about her heart surgery few years ago even she provide documents she needs to come back but she had her immunization yesterday. And i asked the Dr. about applicants coming back and she said every applicant is different and sometimes it has something with medications/surgery or other problems. 

The "other problem" that might be something  having depression, and even asked if i had abortion? normal child birth, miscarriage, or am i currently pregnant,  tattoos, animal bite vaccines, do i have TB? scars and how did i get it or any minor pains and every procedure they explain what to do and whats thats for because the US is strict. 

Edited by Carin Bulado

4 hours ago, TVC said:

My wife is at the medical now and theyre telling her she needs to bring the ds260

How can you bring the form if it was done online?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

SLEC doesn't want a copy of the DS-260 itself, but a copy of the confirmation page after completion.

Both the DS-260 and DS-160 confirmation pages were asked for by SLEC for quite some time, then the requirement was removed from their website last year ...  now it appears that SLEC requires it again but have not updated their website to include it again.

Medical at SLEC is normally a two day process, rarely is it completed in one day.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I have a different opinion. The screening is actually an important process. Many people are found to have tuberculosis and need treatment.  It's not as prevalent in the US and a good idea to limit the new cases. Pandemic and all.

Many? I have doubt many test positive in Philippines, I would say very limited numbers do.

The issue is SLEC charges about 20 times more than it should.  

What about the 18 million illegal aliens in the USA? Did they do a medical screening for TB?

Edited by Allovertheworld

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.