SunnyBoston

How long it takes to get the Oath certificate after having your N400 approved during Covid?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone, first a big thank you for all the participating members here, I just created my account today to ask a question, however, I’ve been looking and educating myself on VisaJourney for over decade now (since my actual journey to the US started!).

So, after over a year, crazy ups and downs, unthinkable amount of emotions and stressful wait, I got my N-400 approved! I’m in the Boston area and I’m not sure if my timeline is properly updated on VJ but long story short, crazy case I’d say. Applied in May 2019, everything went well until November 2019 when I got the RFE at my interview. They received my evidences In December 2019 but in May 2020 the Field Director notified me of her intent to deny my case - super ouch but I made an appeal, on my own and gave everything and anything I could to show that I in fact deserve my naturalization. On July 15th (over a week ago!) I got two text messages to notify me that an action was taken on my case - ALELUYAH - my application was approved! - I couldn’t believe it, so I went and checked the case status online and it said that “ Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice...” So I was WOW and couldn’t stop being excited and happy, so I called the customer service number (annoying much, I know, but needed to HEAR SOMEONE OFFICIAL SAYING IT! Lol) and she told me that yes, my application was approved and was in line to get my oath ceremony scheduled! This was an unbelievable relief, I know that everyone here has a story, has hopes and expectations, and I truly value all that. I know how depressing things can get and how unjust or unfair decisions can feel like but to everyone, if you TRULY know that you deserve the naturalization, that you have be honest and truthful all the way, you will always have a way to fight for your right and prove to whoever that doubt you or misjudge you that you are worthy of a second (or third in case!) look. 

ok that was for the emotional part. I actually do have a question! Lol

anyone knows how long they waited/have to wait between the time the websites saying you're approved and in line for the oath ceremony and actually receiving the invitation letter (either physically or electronically on the uscis website). I do see an additional wait time of 3 months but not sure what to think of that estimate since I know they’ve been resuming Oarh ceremonies in Massachusetts.

And also, if anyone in the Boston area (Lawrence office to be precise) is in the same situation what was their experience with the oath ceremony/1st passport request experience/timeline.

thanks y’all to read me, and once again, don’t lose hope, if you’re on the right side, you will get what you’re seeking!21092D0A-3556-4981-83AB-3EE84E6405AA.thumb.jpeg.bd76fbd0102b5c64ef0efffd276adc33.jpeg8DFDE2FB-DF64-4532-9CA3-AC4AEE3F6568.thumb.jpeg.3ea9619afff8ebe2398c436a4a5da519.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Based on your screenshot October is when it’s expected..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It all depends on your field office. Some get oath right after interview and other locations don’t do it that way. I had interview yesterday and my status changed to “your oath was scheduled” a few hours later. My status also say it should be done in October so you can’t count on that estimate. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:27 AM, SunnyBoston said:

Hello everyone, first a big thank you for all the participating members here, I just created my account today to ask a question, however, I’ve been looking and educating myself on VisaJourney for over decade now (since my actual journey to the US started!).

So, after over a year, crazy ups and downs, unthinkable amount of emotions and stressful wait, I got my N-400 approved! I’m in the Boston area and I’m not sure if my timeline is properly updated on VJ but long story short, crazy case I’d say. Applied in May 2019, everything went well until November 2019 when I got the RFE at my interview. They received my evidences In December 2019 but in May 2020 the Field Director notified me of her intent to deny my case - super ouch but I made an appeal, on my own and gave everything and anything I could to show that I in fact deserve my naturalization. On July 15th (over a week ago!) I got two text messages to notify me that an action was taken on my case - ALELUYAH - my application was approved! - I couldn’t believe it, so I went and checked the case status online and it said that “ Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice...” So I was WOW and couldn’t stop being excited and happy, so I called the customer service number (annoying much, I know, but needed to HEAR SOMEONE OFFICIAL SAYING IT! Lol) and she told me that yes, my application was approved and was in line to get my oath ceremony scheduled! This was an unbelievable relief, I know that everyone here has a story, has hopes and expectations, and I truly value all that. I know how depressing things can get and how unjust or unfair decisions can feel like but to everyone, if you TRULY know that you deserve the naturalization, that you have be honest and truthful all the way, you will always have a way to fight for your right and prove to whoever that doubt you or misjudge you that you are worthy of a second (or third in case!) look. 

ok that was for the emotional part. I actually do have a question! Lol

anyone knows how long they waited/have to wait between the time the websites saying you're approved and in line for the oath ceremony and actually receiving the invitation letter (either physically or electronically on the uscis website). I do see an additional wait time of 3 months but not sure what to think of that estimate since I know they’ve been resuming Oarh ceremonies in Massachusetts.

And also, if anyone in the Boston area (Lawrence office to be precise) is in the same situation what was their experience with the oath ceremony/1st passport request experience/timeline.

thanks y’all to read me, and once again, don’t lose hope, if you’re on the right side, you will get what you’re seeking!21092D0A-3556-4981-83AB-3EE84E6405AA.thumb.jpeg.bd76fbd0102b5c64ef0efffd276adc33.jpeg8DFDE2FB-DF64-4532-9CA3-AC4AEE3F6568.thumb.jpeg.3ea9619afff8ebe2398c436a4a5da519.jpeg

Congratulations! Fitting end to a stressful journey. At present, there is no good way of knowing exactly when your oath ceremony will be scheduled, but rest assured that things are picking up pace. I got approved in Feb 2020, things got pushed back because of COVID and I had my oath ceremony scheduled, then descheduled, then scheduled again for July 8 when I received my certificate. Not saying it will take that long for you, but be prepared to wait for longer than usual times. 

Timeline

Definitely! Now the real pressure is gone and waiting for the oath ceremony is not as stressful as not knowing if I would get approved or not! Congrats to you!!

Timeline

Hello everyone, quick update. There was a great update on USCIS’s case status!! They apparently mailed the notice 💪🏽 Now waiting to know when and where :)

hope y’all have a good day and hopefully get some positive news as well!

stay strong and stay safe.

I was approved on April 29th and had oath ceremony June 29th

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Awesome! Got the notification. August 17th it is! Got my approval on 07/15, notification of oath on the 07/27 and ceremony scheduled for 08/17. Can’t wait to move forward and be done with the whole process! Good luck to all of you and stay positive 🙏🏽172ED75F-7F30-4603-9D80-C1156517087F.thumb.jpeg.d4f2c6398a39f7b8f2d611f8946d3725.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.