fpdl94

CR1 (abroad), NVC not sending case to embassy?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi!

We have been doing the CR1/IR1 process since March 2019 in Spain. A month ago, we got an email from NVC informing us that they'll be sending our case to the local embassy/consulate, but we didn't get any posterior confirmation about this. CEAC says that the case is 'currently in' NVC. The embassy just officially announced that they'll start processing their routine visa services in a few days, but it's my understanding that if the case is in NVC they'll not process ours.

We've tried contacting the NVC about this but we haven't heard back.

Is anybody in the same situation? What is recommended to do here?

--- Just after posting this, I realized that there's an NVC specific subforum, but I can't figure out how to move it there. Maybe the mods can move it?

Edited by fpdl94
Wrong subforum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You wait..........Once the consulate has available interview dates, NVC will begin scheduling interviews beginning with the cases at the front of the queue for that consulate.  After scheduling your interview, the case will be sent to the consulate.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fpdl94 said:

Hi, thank you for answering!

So it's normal for the case to 'appear' to be in NVC, but in reality it's waiting for the embassy to schedule interviews? 

You case IS at NVC....NVC schedules the interview....not the consulate......the consulate merely informs NVC of available dates.  Your case will not be sent to the consulate until after NVC schedules the interview.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Got ya! I understood now, I thought that NVC was kind of out of the picture after the 'Documentarily Qualified'/sent to consulate email, but I was wrong. Thank you very much!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, fpdl94 said:

Got ya! I understood now, I thought that NVC was kind of out of the picture after the 'Documentarily Qualified'/sent to consulate email, but I was wrong. Thank you very much!!

Unfortunately,  there is a backlog at NVC for spousal visa cases.  Hopefully, you are near the front of the queue for Madrid.

Timeline

One can only wish.

I'm extremely happy already because I thought that they were going to just focus on student visas for the next couple of months and that our case would be delayed until the fall or later, so the news of them also giving priority to the CR1 visas made me really happy!

We are in the same boat as you. NVC has our case, Abu Dhabi is the interview site. However, UAE just pretty much shut down the country a few days ago. We applied two years ago for the second time. We held off paying our fees to NVC because my husband has been waiting for a German work visa since last November, now the virus. So we finished with all the paperwork about a month ago, but have not heard anything more about an interview. Now everything is closed.

Edited by Love To Teach

23 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Unfortunately,  there is a backlog at NVC for spousal visa cases.  Hopefully, you are near the front of the queue for Madrid.

Backlog in Spain specifically?

31 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

We are in the same boat as you. NVC has our case, Abu Dhabi is the interview site. However, UAE just pretty much shut down the country a few days ago. We applied two years ago for the second time. We held off paying our fees to NVC because my husband has been waiting for a German work visa since last November, now the virus. So we finished with all the paperwork about a month ago, but have not heard anything more about an interview. Now everything is closed.

UAE shut down again???

Timeline
1 minute ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I was speaking generally......I have no knowledge of the queue for any specific consulate.

7 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

UAE shut down again???

Yes. And our Senator's office talked to somebody official last week, who told them they weren't scheduling interviews yet. And that was before UAE closed everything. I'm not sure if he meant them, or all the embassies.

Timeline

Well, in an impressive plot twist, this morning we got the appointment for early august!

On 7/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, Lucky Cat said:

So I guess that we were indeed in front of the queue. 

Edited by fpdl94

6 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Yes. And our Senator's office talked to somebody official last week, who told them they weren't scheduling interviews yet. And that was before UAE closed everything. I'm not sure if he meant them, or all the embassies.

But yet the UAE is allowing Russian tourists to travel for vacation there...

19 hours ago, fpdl94 said:

Well, in an impressive plot twist, this morning we got the appointment for early august!

So I guess that we were indeed in front of the queue. 

When did you file? We filed two years ago in August, took almost a year to get to NVC.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

When did you file? We filed two years ago in August, took almost a year to get to NVC.

I'll update my timeline today, but basically we filed february/march 2019, started with the DS260 beginning of may of this year, and got the documentarily qualified notice in the end of june. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.