Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

What month of DQ are they on? I can’t keep up🤦🏽‍♀️ 

September I think but they only seem to be doing expedites

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JamKid said:

Has anyone gotten an interview date recently (without expedite)? Just trying to figure out if there is any movement or which month DQ is been processed.  

They are still on September DQ. So the best advice I can give as a sept_dQ is expedite 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, kimisha said:

They are still on September DQ. So the best advice I can give as a sept_dQ is expedite 

I am not yet DQ, I just love seeing the movement of persons ahead of me. I really hope some of these hardheaded persons who are not been cautious/serious about Covid would really start. The Covid cases in Jamaica needs to go down, this is impacting so many lives negatively in various ways. Sigh

Timeline
4 hours ago, JamKid said:

I am not yet DQ, I just love seeing the movement of persons ahead of me. I really hope some of these hardheaded persons who are not been cautious/serious about Covid would really start. The Covid cases in Jamaica needs to go down, this is impacting so many lives negatively in various ways. Sigh

Yes they don’t see the bigger picture. It’s more than issuing curfews and stopping funerals. 

The embassy should recognize the increase in expedited cases and put a stop to that. It’s backlogging others who have been waiting for a long time. I would hate to be going through this process right about now. 

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline
57 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Yes they don’t see the bigger picture. It’s more than issuing curfews and stopping funerals. 

The embassy should recognize the increase in expedited cases and put a stop to that. It’s backlogging others who have been waiting for a long time. I would hate to be going through this process right about now. 

They could also try to schedule a few regular appointments. Plus persons that were banned last year has rejoined the line this Feb. when that ban was revoked. 

Timeline

Good morning all, your medical is valid for 6 months and your police certificate for 1 year of issuance. Both must be valid when you enter the US. Generally, the embassy likes for at least a couple of months left on each to issue the visa so there's enough time for the visa to be printed and for you to leave the country. Since COVID, I notices visas have been issued within a month or even weeks of these 2 things expiring (I know several ppl, including my husband). Therefore, if you've been DQ'd awaiting an interview and your medical and/or police certificates are near expiration (within 1-2 months) email the embassy at kingstoniv@state.gov and advise them of that and ask for your interview to be scheduled ASAP so you can travel before it expires. There is an expiration date on the upper right corner of the visit summary doc Andrews gave you at the end of your appt. Look for that date and reference it in your email to the Embassy.

That being said, if your medical and/or police certificate are near expiration (say a month or less) and you have not heard from the Embassy you must redo them as the Embassy cannot issue your visa with them being expired and will interview you BUT require you to retake the medical and/or redo your police certificate and submit it to them before they issue the visa (another delay) if you can avoid this, please do so now.

Additionally, I believe as of mid April 2021 you will be required to present your petitioner's 2020 tax transcript. I am not 100% certain of this (I believe I read this somewhere last year). Therefore, I would get the 2020 tax transcript now and bring it to my interview just in case. This includes any joint sponsors. I would assume also that the affidavit of support would then need to be ammended if incomes changed from 2019-2020. Again, guys I'm not positive about the tax transcript part so research and/or reach out to the embassy. I am however, positive about the expiration of your medical/police certs.

All the best guys, I am still rooting for all of you to be united with your spouses/family soon 🙏🏾

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
3 hours ago, ShanRussx said:

My husband is set to be deployed in July to some eastern country and I am still waiting for an interview. Is that reason enough for an expedite? I don’t know the first thing to write. Your advice would be highly appreciated. 

When did you DQ? I would write and ask for an expedite based on wanting to spend time with my husband for physical & emotional support prior to deployment. Better yet, I believe if the letter was from your husband it would carry more weight. You never know what can happen unless you try.

Timeline
4 hours ago, ShanRussx said:

My husband is set to be deployed in July to some eastern country and I am still waiting for an interview. Is that reason enough for an expedite? I don’t know the first thing to write. Your advice would be highly appreciated. 

Yes it is. Army gets special consideration for this. Google expedite and deployment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.