delawhere

Interview cancellation email but we never scheduled an interview

23 posts in this topic

Hi!

We’ve just been DQ. Do we wait for an interview or do We need to be proactive and reach out to the embassy? I thought we had to just wait for them to tell us the where and when.

Thank you in advance :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

Hi!

We’ve just been DQ. Do we wait for an interview or do We need to be proactive and reach out to the embassy? I thought we had to just wait for them to tell us the where and when.

Thank you in advance :)

You wait for NVC to schedule your interview unless you have an expedited case.  Normally, NVC will schedule your interview after the consulate has informed them of available dates, and after those in the queue ahead of you have been scheduled.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, Lucky Cat said:

You wait for NVC to schedule your interview unless you have an expedited case.  Normally, NVC will schedule your interview after the consulate has informed them of available dates, and after those in the queue ahead of you have been scheduled.

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me :) :) Have a great day!!

46 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

Thanks. Happy to spread good news! I was scratching my head over that cancelled appointment email. 

There were quite a few date available, I snagged the first one, which was 9.30 on the 20th. 

My “left NVC” date on my timeline was the day they agreed to expedite, maybe that was premature, I don’t know. It showed “in transit” for about a day before it changed to “ready”. 

I got my medical done ten days ago. I was in New York for three months prior, so I had to self isolate in a hotel not far from Visa Medicals. They are pretty efficient there, but they should be for 350GBP! 

Can’t stress enough, once your case reaches London, reach out to them using the contact us bit on their website, stating that your case is expedite, its been sent to London, and they have it. I feel as though I sped things up for myself there by a few days. You will have to make the appointment yourself, I imagine the same way that K1 does it. It’s not rocket science, but if you need any help send me a direct message. 

Yeah I ended up giving the nvc a ring to figure it out, apparently it’s something the system does automatically to clear out any potential interviews already scheduled by the NVC, though I imagine those are far and few between right now. She said that everything is getting prepped to be sent over, so your guess was pretty spot on! 
Your logic about the nvc left date makes sense, I just wanted to get an estimation for us based on your timeline so it’s sounds like we are really close! 
How did you manage to book and have your medical already? I had thought that we had to wait until we received our interview notice before we could schedule. The cost of the medical is absolutely insane but I’m glad to hear that they’re at least efficient. I’m hoping that we can get through that before the interview so that everything is done and dusted once the interview is over. 
Thanks for the tip - I will be watching the status update like a hawk next week. 

20 minutes ago, delawhere said:

Yeah I ended up giving the nvc a ring to figure it out, apparently it’s something the system does automatically to clear out any potential interviews already scheduled by the NVC, though I imagine those are far and few between right now. She said that everything is getting prepped to be sent over, so your guess was pretty spot on! 
Your logic about the nvc left date makes sense, I just wanted to get an estimation for us based on your timeline so it’s sounds like we are really close! 
How did you manage to book and have your medical already? I had thought that we had to wait until we received our interview notice before we could schedule. The cost of the medical is absolutely insane but I’m glad to hear that they’re at least efficient. I’m hoping that we can get through that before the interview so that everything is done and dusted once the interview is over. 
Thanks for the tip - I will be watching the status update like a hawk next week. 

It sounds like you are a day or two behind me. 

You can book your medical, no problem. You just need your case number. I think they are not working every day. When I have mine they were just doing two days a week. There are plenty of slots available though. 

You'll need to get up to date with your vaccinations, and get a patient summary from your GP. 

I'll be looking out for you next week saying you got your interview booked! 

8 hours ago, delawhere said:

Hello all, 

This morning we received an interview cancellation email from the NVC, We are very confused because a, we never had an interview scheduled with the NVC, and b, our expedite request was approved yesterday so we will not even be going through the NVC for an interview date. 

Additionally, we were DQ by the NVC prior to receiving our expedite request and had submitted all of our forms/had them accepted. Now the CEAC site lists our AOS as incomplete. 

Has anyone else had this happen? Should we contact the NVC or our embassy (Great Britain)? 

Thanks so much! 

My suspicion is that all of these activities may be bugs or some type of system malfunction of NVC's CEAC's system as a result of updates.

Just two weeks ago, NVC flagged some of my documents as "incomplete" despite the fact they were previously accepted/approved. The wired thing though is that they posted new document categories under which they wanted the documents uploaded, so I'm suspecting this may be a product of new revisions to the system.

Lastly, I tried uploading the documents (same ones) to the other categories they were now asking for them under and I kept getting a debug error window (from the web server). This is what made me thought these activities were the results of modifications/revisions to the system.

I waited about 2 days and tried uploading the same documents again and were successful this time.

Like some others have said, I wouldn't read too much into these activities, but instead send them an email just to assuage your senses.

Just to update from a conversation I had with the NVC today: 

1. If you’re case is expedited, it is common for the system to automatically send an email saying that your interview is cancelled, even if one was never scheduled. The reason for this is to ensure that there are no pending interviews when your case is transferred to the embassy, as you are responsible for scheduling your own interview when you are expedited on a IR/CR1 visa. 
2. Having documents (for us, it was the AOS) suddenly appear as incomplete after you have already received DQ is a system bug and is perfectly normal.  The person that I spoke to at the NVC said that this is caused by the system repopulating options that are not applicable for your case (such as sponsor information when no sponsor is needed, etc.) and can be ignored if you have already received your DQ email. 

I hope this helps! Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions and feedback on this. 

This happened to us when we were approved for Expediting. Your case will now be transferred and the embassy will contact you. Wait two weeks and the email or call Them if u didn’t hear anything . It takes about that long for them to get the paperwork.... or at lest pre-COVID it did

Edited by NMHayek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.