Jump to content
delawhere

Interview cancellation email but we never scheduled an interview

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all, 

This morning we received an interview cancellation email from the NVC, We are very confused because a, we never had an interview scheduled with the NVC, and b, our expedite request was approved yesterday so we will not even be going through the NVC for an interview date. 

Additionally, we were DQ by the NVC prior to receiving our expedite request and had submitted all of our forms/had them accepted. Now the CEAC site lists our AOS as incomplete. 

Has anyone else had this happen? Should we contact the NVC or our embassy (Great Britain)? 

Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to NVC discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  Topic is about weird NVC email~~

 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If your expedite was approved yesterday and you got a cancellation today ...could it be they are related?


Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

If your expedite was approved yesterday and you got a cancellation today ...could it be they are related?

Exactly.........the interview will now be scheduled directly with or by the consulate instead of NVC.  I would contact the consulate if I were the OP.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

If your expedite was approved yesterday and you got a cancellation today ...could it be they are related?

I am not sure. The status tracker still has our application at the NVC. This is what the email said: 

 

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Exactly.........the interview will now be scheduled directly with or by the consulate instead of NVC.  I would contact the consulate if I were the OP.

Great, thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, delawhere said:

I am not sure. The status tracker still has our application at the NVC. This is what the email said: 

 

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Great, thanks so much! 

True, Just Seat tight and wait

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delawhere said:

Hello all, 

This morning we received an interview cancellation email from the NVC, We are very confused because a, we never had an interview scheduled with the NVC, and b, our expedite request was approved yesterday so we will not even be going through the NVC for an interview date. 

Additionally, we were DQ by the NVC prior to receiving our expedite request and had submitted all of our forms/had them accepted. Now the CEAC site lists our AOS as incomplete. 

Has anyone else had this happen? Should we contact the NVC or our embassy (Great Britain)? 

Thanks so much! 

I had this too. Was very weird. The next day the Embassy in London received. 

 

I reconciled this as having to do that step in order to forward my documents to the embassy.

 

I just booked my interview they have dates for w/c July 20. 

 

Edit - my case was expedited after being DQ too. 

Edited by jarrod679

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you contact the Embassy once your case changes to "ready". 

 

You have to book the interview yourself. 

 

It's weird. 

 

If you read the thread on the UK forum, you'll see more details. 

Edited by jarrod679

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dose anyone have any idea what this email means, and what should be the next step?

 

Dear Mcfarland,

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in ANKARA, TRKY.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

If you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Regards,

National Visa Center,

U.S. Department of State

https://nvc.state.gov/ask

 

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Craig McFarland said:

Dose anyone have any idea what this email means, and what should be the next step?

 

Dear Mcfarland,

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in ANKARA, TRKY.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

If you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Regards,

National Visa Center,

U.S. Department of State

https://nvc.state.gov/ask

 

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.**

I had this email the day before the London Embassy received my documents from NVC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

I had this email the day before the London Embassy received my documents from NVC

 

 

How were you notified that the Embassy received your documents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Craig McFarland said:

How were you notified that the Embassy received your documents? 

By email

 

CEAC status also changed

Edited by jarrod679

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jarrod679 said:

I had this too. Was very weird. The next day the Embassy in London received. 

 

I reconciled this as having to do that step in order to forward my documents to the embassy.

 

I just booked my interview they have dates for w/c July 20. 

 

Edit - my case was expedited after being DQ too. 

Oh wow, that's excellent news! I can't believe they have dates open for this month, I surely thought that we would be into end of August/September by the time we were able to book. Congrats on getting your interview date - I've seen you on the UK forum before and I know this has been a long time coming for you! I saw on your timeline that you listed your NVC left date. Was this the date that you received your expedite approval or was this the day that your status showed as in transit/ready? Were you able to get your medical booked between now and then or will you be attending that after your interview? 

Cheers for the response, you made my day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, delawhere said:

Oh wow, that's excellent news! I can't believe they have dates open for this month, I surely thought that we would be into end of August/September by the time we were able to book. Congrats on getting your interview date - I've seen you on the UK forum before and I know this has been a long time coming for you! I saw on your timeline that you listed your NVC left date. Was this the date that you received your expedite approval or was this the day that your status showed as in transit/ready? Were you able to get your medical booked between now and then or will you be attending that after your interview? 

Cheers for the response, you made my day! 

Thanks. Happy to spread good news! I was scratching my head over that cancelled appointment email. 

 

There were quite a few date available, I snagged the first one, which was 9.30 on the 20th. 

 

My “left NVC” date on my timeline was the day they agreed to expedite, maybe that was premature, I don’t know. It showed “in transit” for about a day before it changed to “ready”. 

 

I got my medical done ten days ago. I was in New York for three months prior, so I had to self isolate in a hotel not far from Visa Medicals. They are pretty efficient there, but they should be for 350GBP! 

 

Can’t stress enough, once your case reaches London, reach out to them using the contact us bit on their website, stating that your case is expedite, its been sent to London, and they have it. I feel as though I sped things up for myself there by a few days. You will have to make the appointment yourself, I imagine the same way that K1 does it. It’s not rocket science, but if you need any help send me a direct message. 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...