delawhere

Interview cancellation email but we never scheduled an interview

23 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

This morning we received an interview cancellation email from the NVC, We are very confused because a, we never had an interview scheduled with the NVC, and b, our expedite request was approved yesterday so we will not even be going through the NVC for an interview date. 

Additionally, we were DQ by the NVC prior to receiving our expedite request and had submitted all of our forms/had them accepted. Now the CEAC site lists our AOS as incomplete. 

Has anyone else had this happen? Should we contact the NVC or our embassy (Great Britain)? 

Thanks so much! 

~~moved to NVC discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  Topic is about weird NVC email~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If your expedite was approved yesterday and you got a cancellation today ...could it be they are related?

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

If your expedite was approved yesterday and you got a cancellation today ...could it be they are related?

Exactly.........the interview will now be scheduled directly with or by the consulate instead of NVC.  I would contact the consulate if I were the OP.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I am not sure. The status tracker still has our application at the NVC. This is what the email said: 

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Exactly.........the interview will now be scheduled directly with or by the consulate instead of NVC.  I would contact the consulate if I were the OP.

Great, thanks so much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, delawhere said:

I am not sure. The status tracker still has our application at the NVC. This is what the email said: 

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Great, thanks so much! 

True, Just Seat tight and wait

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, delawhere said:

Hello all, 

This morning we received an interview cancellation email from the NVC, We are very confused because a, we never had an interview scheduled with the NVC, and b, our expedite request was approved yesterday so we will not even be going through the NVC for an interview date. 

Additionally, we were DQ by the NVC prior to receiving our expedite request and had submitted all of our forms/had them accepted. Now the CEAC site lists our AOS as incomplete. 

Has anyone else had this happen? Should we contact the NVC or our embassy (Great Britain)? 

Thanks so much! 

I had this too. Was very weird. The next day the Embassy in London received. 

I reconciled this as having to do that step in order to forward my documents to the embassy.

I just booked my interview they have dates for w/c July 20. 

Edit - my case was expedited after being DQ too. 

Edited by jarrod679

Make sure you contact the Embassy once your case changes to "ready". 

You have to book the interview yourself. 

It's weird. 

If you read the thread on the UK forum, you'll see more details. 

Edited by jarrod679

Dose anyone have any idea what this email means, and what should be the next step?

Dear Mcfarland,

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in ANKARA, TRKY.

If you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Regards,

National Visa Center,

U.S. Department of State

https://nvc.state.gov/ask

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.**

5 minutes ago, Craig McFarland said:

Dose anyone have any idea what this email means, and what should be the next step?

Dear Mcfarland,

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in ANKARA, TRKY.

If you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Regards,

National Visa Center,

U.S. Department of State

https://nvc.state.gov/ask

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.**

I had this email the day before the London Embassy received my documents from NVC

22 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

I had this email the day before the London Embassy received my documents from NVC

How were you notified that the Embassy received your documents?

2 minutes ago, Craig McFarland said:

How were you notified that the Embassy received your documents? 

By email

CEAC status also changed

Edited by jarrod679

1 hour ago, jarrod679 said:

I had this too. Was very weird. The next day the Embassy in London received. 

I reconciled this as having to do that step in order to forward my documents to the embassy.

I just booked my interview they have dates for w/c July 20. 

Edit - my case was expedited after being DQ too. 

Oh wow, that's excellent news! I can't believe they have dates open for this month, I surely thought that we would be into end of August/September by the time we were able to book. Congrats on getting your interview date - I've seen you on the UK forum before and I know this has been a long time coming for you! I saw on your timeline that you listed your NVC left date. Was this the date that you received your expedite approval or was this the day that your status showed as in transit/ready? Were you able to get your medical booked between now and then or will you be attending that after your interview? 

Cheers for the response, you made my day! 

14 minutes ago, delawhere said:

Oh wow, that's excellent news! I can't believe they have dates open for this month, I surely thought that we would be into end of August/September by the time we were able to book. Congrats on getting your interview date - I've seen you on the UK forum before and I know this has been a long time coming for you! I saw on your timeline that you listed your NVC left date. Was this the date that you received your expedite approval or was this the day that your status showed as in transit/ready? Were you able to get your medical booked between now and then or will you be attending that after your interview? 

Cheers for the response, you made my day! 

Thanks. Happy to spread good news! I was scratching my head over that cancelled appointment email. 

There were quite a few date available, I snagged the first one, which was 9.30 on the 20th. 

My “left NVC” date on my timeline was the day they agreed to expedite, maybe that was premature, I don’t know. It showed “in transit” for about a day before it changed to “ready”. 

I got my medical done ten days ago. I was in New York for three months prior, so I had to self isolate in a hotel not far from Visa Medicals. They are pretty efficient there, but they should be for 350GBP! 

Can’t stress enough, once your case reaches London, reach out to them using the contact us bit on their website, stating that your case is expedite, its been sent to London, and they have it. I feel as though I sped things up for myself there by a few days. You will have to make the appointment yourself, I imagine the same way that K1 does it. It’s not rocket science, but if you need any help send me a direct message. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.