Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Celebi said:

Sharing this news to all July filers like me. Wish everyone a faster approval! 🤞

https://www.balglobal.com/bal-news/us-court-orders-uscis-to-print-employment-authorization-documents/

"Key points:

The temporary order requires USCIS to print EADs within seven days for applicants whose EAD applications have been approved but who have not received their cards.

The court said that even though USCIS is not bound by a specific timeline for printing EADs, the agency does not have “unfettered discretion to issue EADs at any time they wish.”

The order is in effect until the court’s hearing on whether to issue a preliminary injunction on Monday, Aug. 10.

Background: The lawsuit was brought by several applicants who have waited months without receiving their EAD cards following approval of their applications, alleging they will lose their jobs and health insurance, and be unable to find work or support their families without proof of employment authorization. The USCIS Ombudsman recently acknowledged delays in printing EADs, as well as green cards, because USCIS ended a contract with the company that printed them."

This is only if your EAD is approved and are waiting on the physical card. They also cannot approve EAD without biometrics. If everything goes smoothly, we might expect to have an EAD card by early next year.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, emixkid said:

My check was finally cashed.

Current timeline:

7/6 - AOS package sent (via UPS)

7/8 - Received

8/6 - Check cashed

Hopefully, we’ll receive texts and mail soon.

Congrats! You’ve been waiting for a while! I’m glad to hear that there’s been movement on your application finally 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/21/2020 at 11:43 AM, AOKS said:

Hi July filers.

Joining you as I am submitting my entire AOS packet for the FOURTH TIME. I had 3 rejections stating incorrect fees. Spoke with Tier 2 agent yesterday who confirmed $1225 was indeed the correct fee and my packets should not have been returned. (Originally submitted in MARCH, then MAY, then JUNE) 

Hoping 4th time is the charm?! 

I just got rejected and received my AOS packet today due to outdated version of I-485 form. I had the 7/15/19 version but the newer version is 10/15/19. Please everyone make sure you have the all of the updated forms. I want to make sure I understand this correctly, with the Public Charge Rule, do I still need to include my I-944 form since my AOS was received on 7/27/20?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Justin & Sara said:

I just got rejected and received my AOS packet today due to outdated version of I-485 form. I had the 7/15/19 version but the newer version is 10/15/19. Please everyone make sure you have the all of the updated forms. I want to make sure I understand this correctly, with the Public Charge Rule, do I still need to include my I-944 form since my AOS was received on 7/27/20?

I am sorry that it was returned, Good things is you do not need to fill I-944 again. Hope you file again very soon. We are in this together! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Thenaturalstate said:

I am sorry that it was returned, Good things is you do not need to fill I-944 again. Hope you file again very soon. We are in this together! 

It happens but yes I'm glad I don't have to send back the I-944 form. Yes I'm going to resend it tomorrow!

4 hours ago, Briberry said:

Congrats! You’ve been waiting for a while! I’m glad to hear that there’s been movement on your application finally 😊

Thank you!

I am sure you will see movement soon on your application!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Our check was cashed today - finally! 

Package sent: 7/6/20

Package received by USCIS: 7/9/20

Check cashed: 8/6/20

Edited by Landon & Kariana

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got NOA texts today 😃

Delivered - July 22

CC charged - Aug 4

NOA texts - Aug 6 (we received 4 text msg)

Timeline
9 hours ago, Justin & Sara said:

It happens but yes I'm glad I don't have to send back the I-944 form. Yes I'm going to resend it tomorrow!

I’m sorry to hear you go rejected, hopefully they respond faster to the resubmission since this is the second time around!

4 hours ago, Mimi24 said:

Got NOA texts today 😃

Delivered - July 22

CC charged - Aug 4

NOA texts - Aug 6 (we received 4 text msg)

That’s amazing news!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Landon & Kariana said:

Our check was cashed today - finally! 

Package sent: 7/6/20

Package received by USCIS: 7/9/20

Check cashed: 8/6/20

Woo hoo, July filers are seeing some action! I’m still waiting my 30 days, but I’m seeing quite a few charges and NOA’s which is nice! *just trying to be patient here * lol

Edited by Briberry

Timeline
1 hour ago, Briberry said:

I’m sorry to hear you go rejected, hopefully they respond faster to the resubmission since this is the second time around!

That’s amazing news!

Yes I hope so. The only thing is my wife's K1 visa expired on Aug. 6th on the letter it said that since my submission was rejected, it is not considered properly filed. Do anyone know if they would accept my AOS packet since my wife's visa expired yesterday?

USCIS Rejection Letter.jpg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HRQX said:

They will accept it. The requirement was to marry within the 90 days, which you did.

@HRQX Thank you so much for the quick response! Ok awesome! I'm going to resend it this morning!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.