Umair ali 123

English Nikah Nama translation Question for Pakistani’s

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Umair ali 123 said:

Bro regarding point 4 the english version of the imam should be typed or hand written in english? 

Also many lawyers in khi are offering the english translation nikkah nama but it is typed by the old school typewriter which i believe would not acceptable. Pls advise. 

For question 1, you mean the translation? If yes, then that’s typed. 

The typewriter one is fine. 

On 6/29/2020 at 9:44 PM, Umair ali 123 said:

Hello, i have received a msg from Nvc to submit the nikkah nama with English Translation. Kindly tell if i need to translate the original nikkah nama in english along with the signatures of bride groom and witnesses? 2. Should the english translation be stamped with union council authority just like the urdu original one? 3. Should i just get the english translation and notarize it ? Also there are two versions of English Nikkah, the English version from the Imam in Masjid and the other version is from the guys outside the court..which one is acceptable? Thanks

You should get a Nadra Marriage certificate which has English and Urdu info on it.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, aceegreene said:

Police certificate is not required for Pakistan. 

I uploaded the Urdu nikkahnama and English translation as one pdf and the NADRA marriage certificate as another pdf. There were no issues.

Police Certificate is required in the NVC uploaded documents section. According to it, you need to bring all uploaded documents for the visa insterview.

1 hour ago, Sibtain said:

Police Certificate is required in the NVC uploaded documents section. According to it, you need to bring all uploaded documents for the visa insterview.

Not for Pakistan, because the content is not verifiable due to poor record-keeping.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sibtain said:

What's the authentic reference you got? So you are saying no need to upload on Ceac system?

Here’s the authentic reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html. Which btw I gave in a previous post as well. 

Nope, no need to upload on CEAC. If the system forces you to upload something, just upload a Word doc saying that the police certificate is not required in Pakistan. 

Also, kindly go through the entire thread before contradicting what others are saying. The authentic reference was already provided before you even asking for it. 

Edited by aceegreene

1 hour ago, aceegreene said:

Here’s the authentic reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html. Which btw I gave in a previous post as well. 

Nope, no need to upload on CEAC. If the system forces you to upload something, just upload a Word doc saying that the police certificate is not required in Pakistan. 

Also, kindly go through the entire thread before contradicting what others are saying. The authentic reference was already provided before you even asking for it. 

Sorry. You are right. What about the DS-5540? Do you take it for the interview or you need to upload it to CEAC. Did you get temp health insurance before you came to the US?

~~moved to South Asia Regional forum from IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
20 hours ago, Sibtain said:

Sorry. You are right. What about the DS-5540? Do you take it for the interview or you need to upload it to CEAC. Did you get temp health insurance before you came to the US?

I didn’t have to submit the DS-5540 when doing my application. However, from the information online, it’s not required to upload or take it to the interview. But I’d do both just in case. 

On 7/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, Sibtain said:

What's the authentic reference you got? So you are saying no need to upload on Ceac system?

The department of state link (reciprocity by country) says that police certificates are not required for Pakistan

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Police Certificates

Unavailable

Comments:  Pakistan does not have a nationwide system to track criminal activities.  Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices.  However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record.  An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another.  Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing.

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, Yasha said:

Hello, 

I submitted Nadra marriage certificate (Nikkah Nama) in USCIS and my i 130 was approved. Should i have to send English  traslation of urdu Nikkah Nama to Nvc also or Nadra marriage Certificate is fine?

You need to submit all three

Urdu Nikah Nama

English translation

NADRA marriage certificate

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 8/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, pm5k said:

You need to submit all three

Urdu Nikah Nama

English translation

NADRA marriage certificate

what if you only have a English marriage certificate, and english nikah nama in first place...? do you still need an urdu nikkah nama?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.