hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Rose_3001 said:

Good luck, everyone! Here is our timeline so far. The $680 was taken from our account yesterday, never been so happy to see a transaction posted :D 

27th July: Sent via Fedex to TX

30th July: Fedex notification of receipt 

5th August: $$ taken from account 

6th August: USCIS text with receipt #

Hope to get the letter and the biometrics appointment soon...

Hopefully an waiver as most of ROC people have been getting :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Anyone here with vermont service center? 

7/06/20 -  Application mailed

7/09/20 - Application received

7/23/20 - Check was cashed

7/24/20 - Text/Mail notification

8/01/20 - Received NOA

8/04/20 - Fingerprints were taken(online update)

Edited by Dachis

19 minutes ago, therealsunnydiego said:

Hopefully an waiver as most of ROC people have been getting :) 

A biometrics waiver? That would be great! I'm a little behind on the posts in this thread - are people being notified of this waiver by mail, and how soon is this happening? Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Dona2020 said:

Anyone tried to submit within 6 months for removal of condition??? How did it go? 

You have to submit within 90 days. I sent mine 2 days earlier and it was rejected. I resubmitted as soon as I recieved the rejection, it took 2 weeks for it to be accepted, check cashed and received the 18 month extension 2 days after that.

28 minutes ago, Rose_3001 said:

A biometrics waiver? That would be great! I'm a little behind on the posts in this thread - are people being notified of this waiver by mail, and how soon is this happening? Thank you! 

I mean... it first comes an online update (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do), and I would assume it comes a letter talking about the waiver - I have not gotten any update related to it online. However, the people who got it, they have been getting it 1-2 weeks after they receive their letter of 18 months extension for the GC.

Giving a waiver for ROC applicants makes complete sense - we all had our biometrics taken not too long ago during the AOS and there is a huge backlog at the ASC centers.

@Rose_3001i got the biometrics waiver letter the same moment as my extension letter (about 3 weeks after package was sent) but I was able to see they used my fingerprints first on their website, about 2 weeks after they received my package. 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our packet (joint) was delivered to TX by UPS on 7/28 (required a signature and the proof of delivery says 'SIG ON FILE' - left on Mail Room) and they have not cashed/deposited the check. Still no text/email notification either. Is it normal that it's taking this long before they open the packet? I'm getting a little worried now. Also, we're available to apply on 7/25.

7 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

@Rose_3001i got the biometrics waiver letter the same moment as my extension letter (about 3 weeks after package was sent) but I was able to see they used my fingerprints first on their website, about 2 weeks after they received my package. 

Looks like all the centers are moving fast with the biometrics waiver, but WAC (California) 😕

1 hour ago, therealsunnydiego said:

I mean... it first comes an online update (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do), and I would assume it comes a letter talking about the waiver - I have not gotten any update related to it online. However, the people who got it, they have been getting it 1-2 weeks after they receive their letter of 18 months extension for the GC.

Giving a waiver for ROC applicants makes complete sense - we all had our biometrics taken not too long ago during the AOS and there is a huge backlog at the ASC centers.

57 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

Thank you! I had heard they were using old biometrics when states were on lockdown, but thought they had reopened since. I agree it makes no sense to redo these so soon, it's not like our biometrics change. Fingers crossed for a waiver.

Hello All, 

My I751 application packet was delivered at Phoenix, Arizona through USPS on  7/27/2020. I haven't heard anything yet- no NOA- check not cashed yet too. My 3 month period starts on July 24th and I sent it on that day. Anyone here sent it through USPS around the same time? Did you get any response back?

Thank you.

Hi guys. My application was received on July 22nd and got my case number (check was cashed and got text message) on July 31st. Today, Informed delivery is telling me I will be getting my NOA but earlier this morning I got the following case update. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On August 6, 2020, we updated your name for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number YSC**********. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition

3 minutes ago, Milo1234 said:

Hi guys. My application was received on July 22nd and got my case number (check was cashed and got text message) on July 31st. Today, Informed delivery is telling me I will be getting my NOA but earlier this morning I got the following case update. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On August 6, 2020, we updated your name for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number YSC**********. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition

Hi Milo, Thank you for the update. Did you use USPS or FedEx/ UPS. Also which address did you send it to?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.