hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Dachis said:

If agency forloughs immigration workers by the end of august, i wonder how thats gonna affect ROC timing. It’s just crazy that we pay so much fees and they are out of money, unbelievable!

USCIS had to disclose to Congress  that they are actually operating with a surplus this year, despite the coronavirus and despite Trump's immigration orders, so they are doing just fine with the current fees as they are. Following this disclosure they had to delay the lay-offs.

In my understanding they are only holding on to the threat so they can get the stimulus deal and line their pockets further.

The loan they proposed would be paid off by a 10% surcharge on all applications (on top of the increases already coming starting October).

Edited by US <3 IND

Timeline

7/14/20 - Application mailed via USPS regular priority mail with tracking
7/17/20 - Delivered
7/17/20 - Application received =date on NOA1, and date on online case status
7/24/20 - Credit card charged
7/24/20 - Text notification, my case is YSC, Potamac
7/26/20 - NOA1 printed
8/03/20 - Received NOA1
8/04/20 - Fingerprints were taken (online update)
8/12/20 - Received NOA2 (Biometrics), stating that previously captured fingerprints were used.

Edited by US <3 IND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wonder how long it will take to process our cases. I filled at the Texas filing center. Would really like this done by end of 2020 but I doubt it

On 8/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mr W & I said:

Hi all,

7/11/20 - Application mailed

7/14/20 - Application received @ 0550

7/22/20 - Text notification received with a LIN number. 
8/1/20 - 2 page I-797 received. Printed on 7/22/20

Grateful it was quick- Now to get an appointment to renew my DL.With covid no appointments  until Oct.

I received a second NOA with a different ‘printed on’ date the rest of the text was identical to the other I-797. When I called the rep I spoke to said I shouldn’t quote him, but he thinks it may have to do with covid concerns that they send out 2 notices- in case one was lost in the mail. I see however most people are getting fingerprint letters. I have had no updates online, not even for the date they printed the 2nd NOA. Is this something I should be concerned about? 
NB: I had a difficult time renewing my DL , eventually got a non compliant one, so I guess after October 1 for domestic travel I’ll need to carry my green card and letter and hope I don’t meet someone in training who doesn’t know what they mean.

40 minutes ago, Mr W & I said:

so I guess after October 1 for domestic travel I’ll need to carry my green card and letter and hope I don’t meet someone in training who doesn’t know what they mean.

Actually, there's an extra year until it goes into effect: "Due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the national emergency declaration, the Department of Homeland Security, as directed by President Donald J. Trump, is extending the REAL ID enforcement deadline beyond the current October 1, 2020 deadline. I have determined that states require a twelve-month delay and that the new deadline for REAL ID enforcement is October 1, 2021. DHS will publish a notice of the new deadline in the Federal Register in the coming days." https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/26/acting-secretary-chad-wolf-statement-real-id-enforcement-deadline

Timeline

Timeline

July 21st Mailed packet to Phoenix Lockbox.

July 23rd Package delivered

July 23rd Package was received by USCIS

August 5th Check was cashed

August 13th NOA was received and was sent to California Processing Center. 

Still awaiting on whether they will apply Bio or not. Good luck to everyone and now the really long wait begins. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

After being rejected the first time due to a day early filing, here is the update of my second attempt:

9/8/2020 : Package received 

9/13/2020 : Check cashed out

9/14/2020 : Text message received with case number MSC.

Good luck everyone!

Hey sorry to hear about your RFE. I read that USCIS received your form after your 90 day period started. So was the issue instead that your signature on the form was dated earlier?  or perhaps it was postmarked too early?

Future filers could use this clarification if they are looking to file as early as possible and without getting it returned 🙂

3 hours ago, US <3 IND said:

Hey sorry to hear about your RFE. I read that USCIS received your form after your 90 day period started. So was the issue instead that your signature on the form was dated earlier?  or perhaps it was postmarked too early?

Future filers could use this clarification if they are looking to file as early as possible and without getting it returned 🙂

Actually, they went with the postal stamp date on the envelope  which was a day earlier than required, this is kinda weird because the postal website was saying that they delivered It july 11th which would have been ok but when I got my package back I saw July 10th stamped on my envelope..... I have no explanation to that at all, it will stay a mystery!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

Actually, they went with the postal stamp date on the envelope  which was a day earlier than required, this is kinda weird because the postal website was saying that they delivered It july 11th which would have been ok but when I got my package back I saw July 10th stamped on my envelope..... I have no explanation to that at all, it will stay a mystery!

That's interesting.  My application was signed and dated few days early of the 90 days eligibility but i made sure i fedex'd the package so it arrived a day after the 90 days.   Luckily mine got delivered as scheduled.   

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

July 25 -  Form/Documents mailed via UPS to address in Lewisville, TX 
July 29 -   Form/Documents received by USCIS
August 10 - Received Text message with Receipt # (MSC) at 1am
August 10 - Check was cashed as per Bank
August 15 - Received NOA (dated August 7)

On 8/14/2020 at 6:15 AM, Dzfiction said:

Hello all, 

This is my timeline so far. I didn't receive any response from USCIS until the 15th day after they received the application. My 90 day earliest filing acceptance was July 24th and I sent it on that day, It was received on the 27th of July. So, if you sent it through USPS to Phoenix, Arizona PO box, paid with a check and didn't hear back from them yet.. don't panic yet if it's been less than 2 -1/2 weeks after you applied..keep your calm and call the USCIS customer service number. I called them after 10 days I applied and the operator told me to call back on Aug 17th if I didn't hear back anything by then.

July 24 -  I-751 mailed via USPS to Phoenix, Arizona PO box
July 27 -   Package Received by USCIS
August 14 - Check was cashed 
August 16 - Received Text message with Receipt # SRCXXXXX

I have 2 questions now.

Will I be able to know if I have my biometrics appointment or they waived it like for few people here with just checking my case status online with my receipt number? or Do I need to wait for a physical paper mail to know the status of it? what's the timeline now on hearing about biometrics appointments now after getting a receipt notice text update?

I know SRC stands for Texas Service Center. Most people here are replying their process centers as MSC or LIN. Does anyone know if SRC is any different....better or worse?

Thank you.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, Choc_pudding21 said:

My timeline so far:

7/27 - Package sent.

7/31 - Package received.

8/10 - CC Charged for $680.

Update:

8/17 - Received I-797 NOA with 18 month extension (Notice date 8/10) - Also says "Notice Type: Receipt Notice".

To be clear, this means they gave me an extension but the 10 year resident card still hasn't been approved, correct?

The letter also states that IF they need biometrics they will send me a separate appointment notice, but no mention of my old biometrics being applied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.