Greenbaum

JULY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

124 posts in this topic

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case on wards to your Embassy.  Contained in the PDF below are many tips, tricks, and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary. If you are new to this thread, please use the link below to read the information which are answers to the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

@Greenbaum do you kno if mostly everyone approved in the previous months, (mar, apr, may, jun) are still waiting for the embassies to open up? Or is there people who have still been able to continue the process and get their visas? I’m a December filer and just got my noa2 today. Just wondering what’s happened to most people that have been approved since a COVID started..

15 hours ago, Jmgold87 said:

@Greenbaum do you kno if mostly everyone approved in the previous months, (mar, apr, may, jun) are still waiting for the embassies to open up? Or is there people who have still been able to continue the process and get their visas? I’m a December filer and just got my noa2 today. Just wondering what’s happened to most people that have been approved since a COVID started..

All visas are at a standstill. No embassy is open for visa processing EXCEPT those that are emergency which need approval before being adjudicated. Each of the months you mention are in the same holding position that you are in. August looks like the earliest that we will see any movement that we can call "back open" for business from the embassies.

Be sure to download the PDF file in my first post here for additional information what you can be doing at this stage. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

All visas are at a standstill. No embassy is open for visa processing EXCEPT those that are emergency which need approval before being adjudicated. Each of the months you mention are in the same holding position that you are in. August looks like the earliest that we will see any movement that we can call "back open" for business from the embassies.

Be sure to download the PDF file in my first post here for additional information what you can be doing at this stage. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Where do I update my email with nvc. The link in the link above seems to be broken 

3 hours ago, Jmgold87 said:

Where do I update my email with nvc. The link in the link above seems to be broken 

I just tried it and it's took me to the PDF. Try again. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jmgold87 said:

You might have to wait a few weeks before sending the request for an update to your email address address. I sent mine a week after I received NOA2. 

NVC responded a few days later saying they haven't received my petition. It further stated it could take up to six weeks for them to receive it and enter the data into their system. 

5 hours ago, Jmgold87 said:

I mean this link. It says page not found. 

F2BD1164-2B58-4CC9-8CCF-1CDCF324AC8F.jpeg

It tested that link and it brought me to the page. Here it is again as I just visited the page using the link in the PDF.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It tested that link and it brought me to the page. Here it is again as I just visited the page using the link in the PDF.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

It’s working now, thank you!

I just barely got my NOA2 approved today! (woohoo!) I just have a question. I'm aware of the processing time it takes for the NVC to receive your case from USCIS; but I'm wondering if anybody happens to know exactly what happens to your petition right after approval? Does USCIS send it off right away to the NVC or does it just sit in the office for (in this case on the historical timeline from USCIS to NVC) 40 days? I'm confused. Is that when they actually receive it or when USCIS sends it with the NVC subsequently receiving it? 🤪 if that makes sense? Hopefully it does. 

9 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

I just barely got my NOA2 approved today! (woohoo!) I just have a question. I'm aware of the processing time it takes for the NVC to receive your case from USCIS; but I'm wondering if anybody happens to know exactly what happens to your petition right after approval? Does USCIS send it off right away to the NVC or does it just sit in the office for (in this case on the historical timeline from USCIS to NVC) 40 days? I'm confused. Is that when they actually receive it or when USCIS sends it with the NVC subsequently receiving it? 🤪 if that makes sense? Hopefully it does. 

Hi. Our I -129F actually made it to the NVC about less than 2 weeks after USCIS approved it. That was back in February 2020. The NVC letter to us was received about less than 4 weeks after USCIS approval. So there was a delay in us actually knowing the case had reached NVC. So I think a lot happens behind the scenes before the sponsor/applicant is made aware although they tell you to allow 6 -8 weeks. Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hi. Our I -129F actually made it to the NVC about less than 2 weeks after USCIS approved it. That was back in February 2020. The NVC letter to us was received about less than 4 weeks after USCIS approval. So there was a delay in us actually knowing the case had reached NVC. So I think a lot happens behind the scenes before the sponsor/applicant is made aware although they tell you to allow 6 -8 weeks. Hope that helps.

It helps a lot! Thank you so much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.