Fjjfdd jjggf

Interview Conductions for CR1/IR1 applicants

59 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Many, even K-1 applicants, have been receiving interview dates throughout the closures, only to find they get cancelled when the consulate realizes it won't be able to open by the date.

Best source of info is the website for your particular consulate.

Not everyone’s interview was canceled. It really depends on the case and the Consulate.

15 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Yes - for a spousal visa the NVC sets the appointment.   For a K1 a letter/email is sent to the petitioner.   An update also is shown in CEAC.

Also note that the consulates will reschedule the cancellations before opening the calendar for the NVC

I sincerely do not think, that in Moscow consulate there will really be any backlog.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

16 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I sincerely do not think, that in Moscow consulate there will really be any backlog.

That makes me think. How do we know exactly, how many spousal visas are given out each month or year per country. Like I was trying to think of how much of a backlog Sweden would have of spousal visas, so I tried to do research and I couldn't find out how many types of visas are given out per country each year. Does anyone know else know? 

4 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

That makes me think. How do we know exactly, how many spousal visas are given out each month or year per country. Like I was trying to think of how much of a backlog Sweden would have of spousal visas, so I tried to do research and I couldn't find out how many types of visas are given out per country each year. Does anyone know else know? 

For family-based visas it is, a priori, an unlimited visa number. And since, except spousal visa - no visas are actually allowed for processing right now (not even fiancé), that means there shouldn’t be any backlogs.

7 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Statistics are available online:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/annual-reports/report-of-the-visa-office-2019.html

image.png.d51c43e19163dd575b37d4b1d62f0e60.png

1 minute ago, sbarbie1914 said:

You do not understand, that for family-based visas there cannot be any limits? This is impossible. It’s the first category of visas, which is always prioritised in any situation. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

For family-based visas it is, a priori, an unlimited visa number. And since, except spousal visa - no visas are actually allowed for processing right now (not even fiancé), that means there shouldn’t be any backlogs.

Thank you so much, this reassures me greatly :) . I don't know if its obvious to other posters but I have a anxiety disorder so I tend to worry about lots of things lol. Much appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, sbarbie1914 said:

Wow, thank you so much for finding this. I've been wondering about this also just out of curiously :) 

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

Timeline

OMG is this right? Was there only 23 "Family Preference Category" Visas issued last year? Can someone smarter than me look at it? If so it gives me hope that we wont have to wait so long like @Daria Parkinson said. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableVI-Part1.pdf

Edited to add: Never mind I think I found the right table instead for Spouses, just for IR1 last year was 64

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableVIII.pdf

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

This website takes you to immigrant visas.  May 2020 is available.  I think the visa categories are more specific.

8 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

OMG is this right? Was there only 23 "Family Preference Category" Visas issued last year? Can someone smarter than me look at it? If so it gives me hope that we wont have to wait so long like @Daria Parkinson said. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableVI-Part1.pdf

Edited to add: Never mind I think I found the right table instead for Spouses, just for IR1 last year was 64

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableVIII.pdf

Still, it is surely not such a big number. 😊

4 minutes ago, sbarbie1914 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

This website takes you to immigrant visas.  May 2020 is available.  I think the visa categories are more specific.

Can you please explain what is the difference between those two types of categories for each month?? Thanks so much.

58A39B86-0AC8-4DE7-A285-6DC1C3E3FD11.png

5 minutes ago, sbarbie1914 said:

If to believe this information, then even during the Coronavirus Pandemic, CR1/IR1 spousal visas are still being issued unstoppably. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Still, it is surely not such a big number. 😊

This is true :) Bless yours and @sbarbie1914 Hearts for easing my anxiety, yall are sweethearts. 

Just now, OrihimeandIchigo said:

This is true :) Bless yours and @sbarbie1914 Hearts for easing my anxiety, yall are sweethearts. 

I understand you perfectly. During this whole immigration process I’ve came through hell. Literally, this endless waiting game without any light in a tunnel destroyed my inner-self completely. 
But I believe and know, that everything will finish soon and all of us will finally be with our beloved spouses. Through hardships to the Stars. 😊

12 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Can you please explain what is the difference between those two types of categories for each month?? Thanks so much.

58A39B86-0AC8-4DE7-A285-6DC1C3E3FD11.png

My best guess at the difference between the two charts:  

"IV Issuances by FSC or Place of Birth and Visa Class = the country of the intending immigrant

"IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class = Post or Embassy (city) the visa was issued

Some people may be from one country, but obtain their visa from another due to their location.

Edited by sbarbie1914

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.