Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person refreshing the email inbox today. Hopefully there is some movement tomorrow or shortly. I’d love to be in the next batch but expect October / November realistically since we’ve not heard anything about or expedite request and others have. 

There’s nothing we can do except wait patiently I suppose and keep living life! 

:)

When did you submit your expedite? Our got lost or something....we are way outside of "normal" expedite times 

Being that our Visa journey has taken 2 & 1/2 years between USCIS and now NVC, it took 1 year and 2 months to become documentarily qualified by the NVC (due to their own fault in delaying and incorrectly rejecting documents) and our case has been at the NVC for 1 & 1/2 years, I want to request an expedite.

We became documentarily qualified on May 27th.

The problem I've had is finding out how to request an expedite. 

I've seen numerous posts listing the nvcexpedite@state.gov e-mail, however, I am yet to see a source on the state department's website directly listing this as the method to request an expedite. This has me worried to send private documentation to an e-mail address I cannot confirm is valid.

Does anyone have a reference to this e-mail listed on the state department's website as the legitimate method of requesting an expedite.

Second method I've seen to request an expedite is through the state department's Ask NVC Public Inquiry form located here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

This link was provided by my congressman's office as the way to submit a request to expedite ( I was able to get to this link through the state department's home page verifying its validity from this section of the state department website - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html)

My question about using the second method through the Ask NVC form is, has anyone used this to request an expedite?

If not, how and why was nvcexpedite@state.gov used?

5 minutes ago, GringoCarioca said:

Being that our Visa journey has taken 2 & 1/2 years between USCIS and now NVC, it took 1 year and 2 months to become documentarily qualified by the NVC (due to their own fault in delaying and incorrectly rejecting documents) and our case has been at the NVC for 1 & 1/2 years, I want to request an expedite.

We became documentarily qualified on May 27th.

The problem I've had is finding out how to request an expedite. 

I've seen numerous posts listing the nvcexpedite@state.gov e-mail, however, I am yet to see a source on the state department's website directly listing this as the method to request an expedite. This has me worried to send private documentation to an e-mail address I cannot confirm is valid.

Does anyone have a reference to this e-mail listed on the state department's website as the legitimate method of requesting an expedite.

Second method I've seen to request an expedite is through the state department's Ask NVC Public Inquiry form located here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

This link was provided by my congressman's office as the way to submit a request to expedite ( I was able to get to this link through the state department's home page verifying its validity from this section of the state department website - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html)

My question about using the second method through the Ask NVC form is, has anyone used this to request an expedite?

If not, how and why was nvcexpedite@state.gov used?

Yikes that sounds like you've had a real struggle so far. Best of luck in getting your interview soon.

I would also like to know how others here expedited (successfully or unsuccessfully) / what the official method is.

I put in a request to nvcexpedite@state.gov last week. Have not heard back yet but I did not get an undeliverable message or anything like that, so it seems legit.

5 minutes ago, Lewis1234 said:

Yikes that sounds like you've had a real struggle so far. Best of luck in getting your interview soon.

I would also like to know how others here expedited (successfully or unsuccessfully) / what the official method is.

I put in a request to nvcexpedite@state.gov last week. Have not heard back yet but I did not get an undeliverable message or anything like that, so it seems legit.

Hi,

I successfully expedited. DQ was in July, interview a couple of weeks ago and status changed to issues today. Husband sent an email to the above address with attached evidence (he has planned surgery)

Best of luck to you all - I know that heartache of being apart too well. 

I may not be the best person to advise(I have been whining about my expedite struggles for weeks now!) by nvcexpedite@state.gov is the correct email address for an expedite. They will forward your request to the embassy-- include your LND number in the subject line and body of email

Our case status changed to "at NVC" today. How long do you think (roughly) it will take them to schedule the interview at the embassy? Please tell me because I am not sure: do they schedule it or do I schedule it on the embassy's website? Thank you in advance for all your help 😀

Edited by Blanca777

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Blanca777 said:

Our case status changed to "at NVC" today. How long do you think (roughly) it will take them to schedule the interview at the embassy? Please tell me because I am not sure: do they schedule it or do I schedule it on the embassy's website? Thank you in advance for all your help 😀

If you will fill out your timeline, Embassy, and “applied for” on your profile it will be easier to give you a more precise answer. Assuming you are IR1/CR1, the NVC will pick your date and inform you.  

21 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person refreshing the email inbox today. Hopefully there is some movement tomorrow or shortly. I’d love to be in the next batch but expect October / November realistically since we’ve not heard anything about or expedite request and others have. 

There’s nothing we can do except wait patiently I suppose and keep living life! 

:)

Oh man do your posts give me hope when I'm running out! 

I've put it to the back of my mind for now, just plodding along and trying to be as hopeful as possible that some good news will be on the horizon shortly. 

I bit the bullet at the end of August, took some unpaid time off from work to cover the quarantine time I'll need both ends and have travelled to see my husband.. BEST DECISION EVER, because it's been so long since we've seen each other, totally worth it! Being together, even just for a couple weeks has helped with the anxiety and uncertainty of everything though,

Thanks for keeping me hopeful @R1CH1991 :) keeping my fingers crossed for you that the good news email is on the way very soon!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

discovered last night that my flight via aer lingus at the beginning of october has been cancelled. aer lingus says i am entitled to a full refund; however, since i didn’t book direct i have to sort it with who i did book it with and i haven’t been able to receive a response. 

this news, on top of still not hearing anything about an interview, whether by expedite or otherwise, is really taking an emotional toll. i haven’t seen my wife in over 6 months. we don’t know whether or not to book through another airline or to just continue to wait it out. we keep hoping that things will happen soon but at this point it seems hopeless. 

11 minutes ago, loveisvein said:

discovered last night that my flight via aer lingus at the beginning of october has been cancelled. aer lingus says i am entitled to a full refund; however, since i didn’t book direct i have to sort it with who i did book it with and i haven’t been able to receive a response. 

this news, on top of still not hearing anything about an interview, whether by expedite or otherwise, is really taking an emotional toll. i haven’t seen my wife in over 6 months. we don’t know whether or not to book through another airline or to just continue to wait it out. we keep hoping that things will happen soon but at this point it seems hopeless. 

I am so sorry that happened! My last planned trip to visit my partner was meant to be in April and I remember how devastated I was when that flight was cancelled due to the travel ban (I actually immediately booked another one via Canada which was also cancelled so now I have two partial plane vouchers....)

Personally we are waiting it out though it has been almost 9 months; mostly because we are trying to be cautiously optimistic and believe our interview will be any day now, so he needs to stay in the UK (maybe if we manifest it, it will happen...) I know platitudes are useless really but I just keep reminding myself that we've come this far...they can't actually keep us apart forever. Sometime in the next few months we are all going to get that interview email! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I am so sorry that happened! My last planned trip to visit my partner was meant to be in April and I remember how devastated I was when that flight was cancelled due to the travel ban (I actually immediately booked another one via Canada which was also cancelled so now I have two partial plane vouchers....)

Personally we are waiting it out though it has been almost 9 months; mostly because we are trying to be cautiously optimistic and believe our interview will be any day now, so he needs to stay in the UK (maybe if we manifest it, it will happen...) I know platitudes are useless really but I just keep reminding myself that we've come this far...they can't actually keep us apart forever. Sometime in the next few months we are all going to get that interview email! 

i appreciate your positivity and you’re right, they can’t keep us apart forever. i know our time is coming.

as sad as it is knowing that a lot of us are going through similar situations, it’s also very comforting to know that we aren’t in this alone. i’m so thankful for this group and all of the help and support offered here. 

Wife just woke me up, just got our interview email and I’m guessing quite a few others will wake up to the same!

DQ: 22nd May 2020

Interview: 22nd October 2020

CR-1, not expedited

So relieved :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.