Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

image.png.c80a87204fcff91637b2bb15f24f05eb.png

Hello people, looks like our expedite was approved!!! We talked about our emotional hardship and financial hardship... I recommend everyone else try to expedite. It took from the 28th to the 4th September to hear back.

I am hoping for an October interview date. What I do now? Wait until I get another email from the NVC?? What more fees are there to pay aside from the medical!!! I am shaking in excitement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

image.png.c80a87204fcff91637b2bb15f24f05eb.png

Hello people, looks like our expedite was approved!!! We talked about our emotional hardship and financial hardship... I recommend everyone else try to expedite. It took from the 28th to the 4th September to hear back.

I am hoping for an October interview date. What I do now? Wait until I get another email from the NVC?? What more fees are there to pay aside from the medical!!! I am shaking in excitement.

excellent news! congratulations! 😀 

this gives me hope! we sent our expedite request on the 27th!

If anyone has any idea who else we can or should try to call open to any and all suggestions. Our expedite has been under review since August 5th and I haven't seen any other requests take this long to approve/deny. Can we send them a follow up email with additional evidence or a new reason? My partner is on the cusp of losing his job due to the pandemic in which case I may need to help him pay rent (thus covering two rents) but I don't know if that is a valid "financial hardship".  I am willing to try anything at this point

9 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

If anyone has any idea who else we can or should try to call open to any and all suggestions. Our expedite has been under review since August 5th and I haven't seen any other requests take this long to approve/deny. Can we send them a follow up email with additional evidence or a new reason? My partner is on the cusp of losing his job due to the pandemic in which case I may need to help him pay rent (thus covering two rents) but I don't know if that is a valid "financial hardship".  I am willing to try anything at this point

Hey, you should also try to leave a comment on the embassy’s Facebook to draw some attention. I left a comment on their reopen post and they answered me back the next day saying they will pass along the message to colleagues. The day after that, I sent another email to info unit explaining my tough situation and two hours later they sent me the LND number for me to proceed my application! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

What I do now? Wait until I get another email from the NVC?? What more fees are there to pay aside from the medical!!! I am shaking in excitement.

Use your LND case number to check status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

it  will say “ready” at some point (depends on that 2 weeks they suggest for arrival). Then try to get into the appointment site to choose an appointment. If it says your case number is not recognized, it may be too early so wait another day or two.Your number is not wrong, the system doesn’t know about you yet. It will happen. The only fee before your interview is the courier delivery fee which is paid when you choose your appointment.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

18 hours ago, Mpere said:

Hey, you should also try to leave a comment on the embassy’s Facebook to draw some attention. I left a comment on their reopen post and they answered me back the next day saying they will pass along the message to colleagues. The day after that, I sent another email to info unit explaining my tough situation and two hours later they sent me the LND number for me to proceed my application! 

where is their facebook page? we are on week 12 waiting for our LND now

1 minute ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

where is their facebook page? we are on week 12 waiting for our LND now

https://m.facebook.com/uk.usembassy/?tsid=0.8851825290222364&source=result

Let me know if it works, if not you can search U.S. embassy London. Find their post about reopening back in July, if you leave a comment there, someone should be able to reply. At least someone from the embassy replied mine! 

7 minutes ago, Mpere said:

https://m.facebook.com/uk.usembassy/?tsid=0.8851825290222364&source=result

Let me know if it works, if not you can search U.S. embassy London. Find their post about reopening back in July, if you leave a comment there, someone should be able to reply. At least someone from the embassy replied mine! 

I found it. Posted we are on week 12. Will see if they say anything.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, Wuozopo said:

Use your LND case number to check status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

it  will say “ready” at some point (depends on that 2 weeks they suggest for arrival). Then try to get into the appointment site to choose an appointment. If it says your case number is not recognized, it may be too early so wait another day or two.Your number is not wrong, the system doesn’t know about you yet. It will happen. The only fee before your interview is the courier delivery fee which is paid when you choose your appointment.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Do weekends affect the 2 weeks? Does it ever come earlier? Just wondering.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Do weekends affect the 2 weeks? Does it ever come earlier? Just wondering.

Well nobody is at NVC on the weekend to send it so weekends are bound to play some part. The NVC forum may be better suited to know times. I don’t follow that part at all. 

Today is also Labor Day holiday. 

Edited by Wuozopo

On 9/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, Wuozopo said:

Well nobody is at NVC on the weekend to send it so weekends are bound to play some part. The NVC forum may be better suited to know times. I don’t follow that part at all. 

Today is also Labor Day holiday. 

Hopefully there is some action tomorrow.... Or I guess another month🙄

4 minutes ago, Bobnrob said:

Hopefully there is some action tomorrow.... Or I guess another month🙄

I am starting to feel a little nuts with all of this! We just sent in another expedite request due to new circumstances (partner just lost his job due to covid and his org restructuring which is...less than ideal)! I am hoping now that there aren't any bank holidays on the horizon the embassy staff can focus on us again. I hope everyone is hanging in there okay! 

11 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I am starting to feel a little nuts with all of this! We just sent in another expedite request due to new circumstances (partner just lost his job due to covid and his org restructuring which is...less than ideal)! I am hoping now that there aren't any bank holidays on the horizon the embassy staff can focus on us again. I hope everyone is hanging in there okay! 

We really not quite sure what to do... Kinda thought the embassy was starting to get going. I'm probably going to try an expedite if I hear nothing by the end of the week. 😕

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person refreshing the email inbox today. Hopefully there is some movement tomorrow or shortly. I’d love to be in the next batch but expect October / November realistically since we’ve not heard anything about or expedite request and others have. 

There’s nothing we can do except wait patiently I suppose and keep living life! 

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.