2,967 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi dear, so i'ld like to think that the most recent response is the one citing the pandemic for the reason there is a delay in interview scheduling! The only advice will be the classic/traditional one..patience! Afterall the response was from the enquiry of your representative. Just wait it out..you're obviously almost there..the pandemic is a heartbreaker! Broke my plans in bits as well! Hopefully things will look up soon!💁

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Akansean said:

just chatted with Emma on the USCIS website and according to Emma it will take upto 60 days for me to receive the card after it was ordered for production . 

It’s there standard process. You will get your card right after status changes to your card was mailed.

Hey folks🌸

Friend if mine just shared the story of lady she know about change of address.

So she lived in Florida and was moving to NY

She changed her address with USCIS.

She had confirmation.

USCIS sent her a green card...on the old address in Florida. And she was lucky because before moving to NY she checked her mail at the last time and find green card inside.

Just so you know how bad USCIS is behaved according to the address changing.

I was waiting extra 3 weeks because they didn’t change it even after they confirmed request with email confirmation.

So when you will have this statutes that postal office didn’t deliver it it would probably because USCIS didn’t do their job with address changing good.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, FirstTimer said:

It’s there standard process. You will get your card right after status changes to your card was mailed.

oh thanks I did not know that . 

5 hours ago, Risen said:

Do I need to file vawa for K2 also? I have my EAD and AP it will expire early next year? When filling form i360 can I apply for EAD and AP again? Thanks for helping me.

When you file I-360 you can do either of the following depending on your circumstances, both of which will make you eligible for EAD and AP:

1. File a new I-485 concurrently as long as you're not in removal proceedings. If you are in removal proceedings you can file I-485 with the court.

2. Contact USCIS and have them move the previously filed I-485 to your VAWA application, as long as the old I-485 is still pending

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Dear VJ family

I need some advices from you all. 

I posted my story here  when I filed my VAWA case , it was approved on March 20. I am waiting for my case transfer to local office and interview. (there is no any update about my I485 yet).

I am very worrying about my AOS interview now. 

I  did not sent my divorce decrees to VSC , my divorce was finalized two months after I sent  VAWA packages . It was on document that my new born baby was not my ex husband's baby.  We did DNA tests that showed he was not the father. 

My visa was expired so many years ago, my ex was filed my I130 and I485 after we married a month. He withdrawal these cases when we doing divorce. I got denied notices from USCIS but I don't know  if I was put into the remove list.  My VAWA package was sent to VSC a month after my I130 and I485 was denied.  

My marriage with my ex was real, our divorce based on his abusive but it was not words his abusive on finalized divorce decrees. We did DNA tests that showed my baby was not his baby so he was very angry. 

My ex did Sterilization before we married. I had one time sex with my ex boyfriend during the marriage time , it should not happened but I was abused by the hands of my ex and was very sad and needed comforter so talked with ex boyfriend and it happened . 

I am worrying about this marriage baby was not my ex's could be  big problem when I go to AOS interview , What I need to prepared for this? 

I am not mean to lie on AOS interview, just need advices how to cover this big mistake.

I never sent I693 to VSC with I485 application, also I think that I need to give my finalized decrees to USCIS officer during the interview or when they ask me about  medical records I send it together. 

Do you think I will fail of AOS interview? what I can do for it? Do you think it would be help if  find a good lawyer go with my AOS interview ? I would love to have a good lawyer for my interview but really on  hard financial situation. 

I have been receive  help from this great forum, I grateful for all your help and appreciate all advices. I am keeping prayer for all applications would get approved . 

Thank you for your time and help. 

12 hours ago, Risen said:

Do I need to file vawa for K2 also? I have my EAD and AP it will expire early next year? When filling form i360 can I apply for EAD and AP again? Thanks for helping me.

Hey dear, VAWA is a seperate petition...a route to Greencard acquisition. You only have to file the i360 with i485, i765(EAD) and i131 AP(travel document) if you wish to travel while your case is pending..some people chose to file only i360..it's up to you but I'll recommend filing them all. Try like I said to research widely, read previous threads. I can not over emphasize enough the importance!👍

8 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey folks🌸

Friend if mine just shared the story of lady she know about change of address.

So she lived in Florida and was moving to NY

She changed her address with USCIS.

She had confirmation.

USCIS sent her a green card...on the old address in Florida. And she was lucky because before moving to NY she checked her mail at the last time and find green card inside.

Just so you know how bad USCIS is behaved according to the address changing.

I was waiting extra 3 weeks because they didn’t change it even after they confirmed request with email confirmation.

So when you will have this statutes that postal office didn’t deliver it it would probably because USCIS didn’t do their job with address changing good.

Lol..it's old news how messy USCIS can get!💁😊 happy for your friend! The relief!

1 hour ago, jacobamanda63 said:

Dear VJ family

I posted my story here  when I filed my VAWA case , it was approved on March 20. I am waiting for my case transfer to local office and interview. (there is no any update about my I485 yet).

I  did not sent my divorce decrees to VSC , my divorce was finalized two months after I sent  VAWA packages . It was on document that my new born baby was not my ex husband's baby.  We did DNA tests that showed he was not the father. 

My visa was expired so many years ago, my ex was filed my I130 and I485 after we married a month. He withdrawal these cases when we doing divorce. I got denied notices from USCIS but I don't know  if I was put into the remove list.  My VAWA package was sent to VSC a month after my I130 and I485 was denied.  

My marriage with my ex was real, our divorce based on his abusive but it was not words his abusive on finalized divorce decrees. We did DNA tests that showed my baby was not his baby so he was very angry. 

My ex did Sterilization before we married. I had one time sex with my ex boyfriend during the marriage time , it should not happened but I was abused by the hands of my ex and was very sad and needed comforter so talked with ex boyfriend and it happened . 

I am worrying about this marriage baby was not my ex's could be  big problem when I go to AOS interview , What I need to prepared for this? 

I am not mean to lie on AOS interview, just need advices how to cover this big mistake.

I never sent I693 to VSC with I485 application, also I think that I need to give my finalized decrees to USCIS officer during the interview or when they ask me about  medical records I send it together. 

Do you think I will fail of AOS interview? what I can do for it? Do you think it would be help if  find a good lawyer go with my AOS interview ? I would love to have a good lawyer for my interview but really on  hard financial situation. 

I have been receive  help from this great forum, I grateful for all your help and appreciate all advices. I am keeping prayer for all applications would get approved . 

Hi dear..sorry you have to go through all this. This is a judgement free zone..we all make mistakes, Lord knows I'm made my own fair share and counting! We're only human! You don't have to lie about anything..the truth will help you..it is your life line! These officers are trained to understand the dynamics of abuse and have discretion as to the adjudication of each case! As for the i485..you would have filed a new one...I believe..I probably am not getting the whole gist of the incidents..but only advising from what I could grasp! My contribution. The medical update is often requested at the point of interview..meaning when you have an interview date..you get it done and take it with you to your interview! Also take any document that will speak for you..as proofs! That is your opportunity to explain yourself...now you see why you shouldn't fear the interview but be grateful for an opportunity to defend/speak for yourself! It's a VAWA case afterall...there are bound to be complexities! Relax..we're fam here!😊👍💖

Have tried to read the previous vawa trends, I got some valuable information I needed. But am scared I can't do this alone but am financially incapacitated to higher an attny, have not been working, I get no car or any savings. 

Am starting my psychology Evaluation this week, am planning getting police record from my home country . Pls here comes my questions 

1. Do I need to file vawa for my child also, we came here on K1,K2. If yes is it same form as mine? Note will file different form for her during our pending AOS

2. How do I contact USCIS to put on old on my case till i360 is adjudicated when I dont have an attny?

3. I read that I need to write a letter on how we met like 7-10 pages, do I need to notarize the letter?

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Akansean said:

just chatted with Emma on the USCIS website and according to Emma it will take upto 60 days for me to receive the card after it was ordered for production . 

Your card is in line to be printed.  They are months behind in card production, once it is ready you will receive two more updates with card was mailed and tracking number.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, jacobamanda63 said:

Dear VJ family

Immigration does not care about cheating.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi Everyone! Happy Sunday. Hope everyone is safe and sound.

As I am working on my case it is really hard for me to keep my head up if I don't have something to look forward to that gives me hope and motivation. I haven't seen my family in more than 3 years now and was wondering when I can next plan to see them if:

• I currently have i-485 pending based on my marriage 
  • I have an AP/EAD that expires this November. I applied for an extension based on C09. Got a receipt notice but no approval/card yet.
  • Planning to file i-360 this month 

Question: After I file i-360 and hopefully receive my AP/EAD extension based on C09... can I travel on it to see my family (assuming the normal risks of not being let back in). Or is it more problematic that I will leave the country on C09 AP/EAD while having i-360 pending? Or before I leave to see my family, I should get C31 EAD/AP?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.