2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/15/2020 at 12:27 PM, CDIRL said:

Thank you! I appreciate the support.

The state I may be moving to will require me to get a car, but will only provide a drivers license for the duration of my EAD. I will be renewing it next month, but with all the delays and problems with USCIS at the moment, I am afraid that I won't be able to get too and from work if I'm even without it for a day!

It is a great opportunity to start a new chapter after everything that has happened the last year. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved so that I can continue to move forward with my life as positively as I can

I used my NY State Driver license through the entirety of my VAWA journey , even though  i live in another state . You can buy a car and get insurance on your NY Driver license even though you are living in different state . Many states do not issue or transfer a drivers license if the applicant is not a legal resident , or they will issue a temporary license valid only for the duration of your EAD . It is very stressful to go through the process and I think it is un necessary . If you have a valid NY state Driver license do not worry about transferring it to another state . Just avoid that hassle altogether . Just be careful driving and you won't have any problems . Once your VAWA gets approved than go ahead and change it . Most likely you will get an RFE from Immigration asking you to explain why the address on your license is different from your current address . In that case Just explain to the Immigration what I wrote above . I went through it personally so that is why I am sharing it with you . It will make your life a hell of a lot easier . You need to drive a car to be able to work almost everywhere outside of NY city . Good Luck to you . 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations dear! You made it!😀🙌👍🌟💫🌟💫 by now now I'm sure you know this means approval! Come on now😏

@Stillwinning!!!😊 I really appreciate you I read all your replies for the members your are so helpful

Yes I made it finally with no RFE thank God 

I have question

How it will take to receive the card?

2 hours ago, Wolf2020 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 I really appreciate you I read all your replies for the members your are so helpful

Yes I made it finally with no RFE thank God 

I have question

How it will take to receive the card?

Thank you darling.😘 Times have changed on us..things are no longer how it used to be..making it hard to really give even an estimate..I'm sure you've heard of the backlog issues of card production with USCIS..💁 I always try to answer based on my own experience which was at a time things were normal! Then, between card production and actual receipt of it was just a matter of days..4-7days at the most!😊👍

2 hours ago, Akansean said:

I used my NY State Driver license through the entirety of my VAWA journey , even though  i live in another state . You can buy a car and get insurance on your NY Driver license even though you are living in different state . Many states do not issue or transfer a drivers license if the applicant is not a legal resident , or they will issue a temporary license valid only for the duration of your EAD . It is very stressful to go through the process and I think it is un necessary . If you have a valid NY state Driver license do not worry about transferring it to another state . Just avoid that hassle altogether . Just be careful driving and you won't have any problems . Once your VAWA gets approved than go ahead and change it . Most likely you will get an RFE from Immigration asking you to explain why the address on your license is different from your current address . In that case Just explain to the Immigration what I wrote above . I went through it personally so that is why I am sharing it with you . It will make your life a hell of a lot easier . You need to drive a car to be able to work almost everywhere outside of NY city . Good Luck to you . 

You've spoken wisely! I want to say congratulations on your approval!🌟💫🙌 It makes me joyful to hear of approvals even if it's for EAD or whatever!😊 looking forward to more wins dear, stay blessed!🙏

16 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

I second that. 

my spouse called me a week before my finals and demanded divorce. Little did they know that I had the papers ready for 3 months. I said, “ yes, divorce is the next thing, when do you want to sign the papers I can send them tomorrow” . tethering reaction was “ when were you going to tell me?” 🙄 and instant shift in attitude, they got so confused 😂

this was in December, they have been stalling, making excuses since... who they gonna control and scare if we divorce 😏

😂😂😂🤣 you’re a boss. It’s the same thing with my ex. Now that the divorce is almost finalize he wants to be civil. I told him after I send you the decree I don’t need you calling my phone, we have nothing to communicate about after that. Where I was in 2018 and where I am now is two different place. 

Filed: Other Timeline
13 minutes ago, SamIAm876 said:

😂😂😂🤣 you’re a boss. It’s the same thing with my ex. Now that the divorce is almost finalize he wants to be civil. I told him after I send you the decree I don’t need you calling my phone, we have nothing to communicate about after that. Where I was in 2018 and where I am now is two different place. 

Omg yes!!! 

mine finally signed the papers, I am seeing my lawyer today. Last few days, when I was coordinating the papers delivery with my spouse, they were like super friendly, but I kept it very to the point and did not give a window to start chatting 😂😂😂😂

bye Felicia  👋👋

On 7/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Vawa&U said:

20 months and counting with 3 prima facies,  and still waiting .... anyone out there still waiting ??

Same here. Nov 2018 and 3 PF's and nothing else(((

5 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

Did you contact congressman , I was thinking to contact but uscis timeline says august 22 2018.

No, I didn't. Exactly, they will tell us we are still in processing time. I m just waiting. I gave up almost and was ready to go back to my country this summer, but Covid happened and I m stuck here. Hope to hear anything before I leave, because I m tired from all this craziness and ready to go back😥

@Stillwinning!!!😊 and others,

I opened up the service request for my Ap which is pending over a year now on July 10th.

Since the July 21st it says 

"your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR119........ was assigned to an officer for response"

Since then nothing happened. I know in the past my service request was completed within a same day. This one is assigned to an officer for 3 days now. There is no other update. 

Any idea about it? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 hours ago, Akansean said:

Thank you so much for this. It has definitely put me at ease.

25 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 and others,

I opened up the service request for my Ap which is pending over a year now on July 10th.

Since the July 21st it says 

"your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR119........ was assigned to an officer for response"

Since then nothing happened. I know in the past my service request was completed within a same day. This one is assigned to an officer for 3 days now. There is no other update. 

Any idea about it? 

Hi dear, it is not unusual..I've had same in the past. Wait some more to see the response. It's not always that the enquiry is completed same day. Also keep in mind the current times we're in...CRAZY!💁

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

No, I didn't. Exactly, they will tell us we are still in processing time. I m just waiting. I gave up almost and was ready to go back to my country this summer, but Covid happened and I m stuck here. Hope to hear anything before I leave, because I m tired from all this craziness and ready to go back😥

You can not travel to your home country , you don’t wanna jeapardised your vawa . You must not leave.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.