Albania25

Fiance win lottery

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Albania25 said:

Hi! My fiance was selected for dv visa 2021 we are not married yet....can i go with my fiance if we get married after the result of visa?

NO.  You can not go with her if you get after she gets her visa.

You can go with her if you marry her BEFORE she gets her visa.  Marry her now and both of you can immigrate together.  The US Embassy will suspect fraud, so be prepared to show that you have had a relationship BEFORE now and be able to prove it.  

5 minutes ago, Albania25 said:

Hi! My fiance was selected for dv visa 2021 we are not married yet....can i go with my fiance if we get married after the result of visa?

No, you will have to marry her before she receives the visa. If you wait until after then you will have to wait 2 years before coming to the USA

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

NO.  You can not go with her if you get after she gets her visa.

You can go with her if you marry her BEFORE she gets her visa.  Marry her now and both of you can immigrate together.  The US Embassy will suspect fraud, so be prepared to show that you have had a relationship BEFORE now and be able to prove it.  

I  and me fiance have 7 years together..i have text photos everything else in yers i can prove that

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, Albania25 said:

I  and me fiance have 7 years together..i have text photos everything else in yers i can prove that

Then marry her before she applies for the visa if you want to immigrate together.  

Edited by aaron2020

19 minutes ago, Albania25 said:

My fiance got selected yesterday and we are not married yet

Ok, so do it this way. Get married before she submits her DS260, so that she will be able to add you as a derivative when she fills it in (there is no rush to submit DS260, plenty of time to get a visa, and better to do it right). Because you were not on the original entry, I think she will need to submit your marriage certificate when she adds you. Other than that it should be pretty straightforward. 

You guys need to be aware that you will undergo a lot of scrutiny to make sure it’s not a fraudulent marriage because you will be married after selection (are you interviewing in Tirana by the way - judging from your username?) The fact that you have such a long relationship is good. Make sure you bring along a lot of evidence to prove your relationship is genuine when you go for interview.

Congratulation , i think yes you can ... but you have to get married before filling the ds260 , if the case number is high , you can take a bit time to do that, but if the case number , under 4000 , you have to speed the procces and fill the ds260 as soon as possible. 

i have a question for you if you don't mind ; did you receive a message in the e-mail say that you have been selected or no ? 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Wait till you get married before doing it. 

Isn't that a personal decision? :jest:

(re-read your comment with no context)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, syphax said:

Congratulation , i think yes you can ... but you have to get married before filling the ds260 , if the case number is high , you can take a bit time to do that, but if the case number , under 4000 , you have to speed the procces and fill the ds260 as soon as possible. 

i have a question for you if you don't mind ; did you receive a message in the e-mail say that you have been selected or no ? 

No one gets an email notifying of selection - if you do, it’s a scam. The only email you might get from them is a reminder to check your entry page. Per the Department of State:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fraud.html

The Department of State, Office of Visa Services, advises the public of a notable increase in fraudulent emails and letters sent to Diversity Visa (DV) program (Visa Lottery) applicants. The scammers behind these fraudulent emails and letters are posing as the U.S. government in an attempt to extract payment from DV applicants.....

While DV applicants may receive an email from the U.S. government reminding them to check their status online through DV Entrant Status Check, they will not receive a notification letter or email informing them that they are a successful DV entrant. Applicants can only find out if they were selected to continue with DV processing by checking their status online through the DV Entrant Status Check at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

No one gets an email notifying of selection - if you do, it’s a scam. The only email you might get from them is a reminder to check your entry page. Per the Department of State:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fraud.html

The Department of State, Office of Visa Services, advises the public of a notable increase in fraudulent emails and letters sent to Diversity Visa (DV) program (Visa Lottery) applicants. The scammers behind these fraudulent emails and letters are posing as the U.S. government in an attempt to extract payment from DV applicants.....

While DV applicants may receive an email from the U.S. government reminding them to check their status online through DV Entrant Status Check, they will not receive a notification letter or email informing them that they are a successful DV entrant. Applicants can only find out if they were selected to continue with DV processing by checking their status online through the DV Entrant Status Check at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Thank you ... because i still didn't see my results till now , just because i don't wanna break my heart , maybe in the next weeks i will take the courage and see , and i was thinking if i check my email and i don't find a message from dv lottery , i thought it's going to be that i'm not selected without even check in website , so now i feel better because they don't send email to winners  :) 

Edited by syphax

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.