Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, funiegirl19 said:

Update:  I flew into the US recently in K1 visa w/o any issues. As long as you have all the requirements. I took Korean air for less chances of flight cancellation. Longer flight but they are the only airline with daily flights departing Manila

Wow. Congratulations. That's really wonderful news. Looking forward for more positive feedbacks on K1 visa here. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Esterlyn said:

Wow. Congratulations. That's really wonderful news. Looking forward for more positive feedbacks on K1 visa here. 

By the way, what month did you had your flight? Was this month of June?

Timeline

We should seriously have a Skype party in September to celebrate once we all get through this. Man this has been such a crazy year.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

I just received an email response about my K1 visa question about traveling. 

Immigration2.png

I know what you are feeling now after reading the email from the Bureau of Immigration Philippines. IMHO, the BIP has little to do with people leaving the Philippines. Only you know what is best for your situation. Wait longer to leave or leave when you can. As long as you can get to the airport and have the required travel pass from the local Barangay, K1 Visa holders has left the country. I'm not saying it is guarantee you can leave. It all depends on the personal at the airport. From the ticket counter person, Immigration and Custom Officer, Boarding Gate Attendant, and so on.  It's all a gamble each step of the way. My Fiancee Visa will expire in mid-July. After 4 flights cancellations, she has a flight out just a few days before the VISA expires. For us, we really have no choice, we can't afford to wait.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Prisonmate said:

I know what you are feeling now after reading the email from the Bureau of Immigration Philippines. IMHO, the BIP has little to do with people leaving the Philippines. Only you know what is best for your situation. Wait longer to leave or leave when you can. As long as you can get to the airport and have the required travel pass from the local Barangay, K1 Visa holders has left the country. I'm not saying it is guarantee you can leave. It all depends on the personal at the airport. From the ticket counter person, Immigration and Custom Officer, Boarding Gate Attendant, and so on.  It's all a gamble each step of the way. My Fiancee Visa will expire in mid-July. After 4 flights cancellations, she has a flight out just a few days before the VISA expires. For us, we really have no choice, we can't afford to wait.

Exactly. We are going to fly out on July 18th. I will keep everyone posted.  Thank you so much for the information and for starting this forum. It is super helpful. Yeah we found that the Medical and travel documents only took us a couple of hours to get. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

Did you attend a CFO seminar, or just print out a certificate from their website?

You need to attend the CFO seminar in person.

11 hours ago, funiegirl19 said:

Thank you and yes arrived in US just this week. With Korean air they only require to wear mask throughout the flight but I am not sure with PAL and other airlines if they need health certificate etc. It would depend on the airline. 

Glad you found way to leave the Philippines.

Congrats

Regards to CFO certificate, I took the e-registration online end of May and printed the temporary certificate and presented at the Bureau of Immigration. I think I am just lucky they didn't ask the certificate but I showed it to them. You MUST have it cus its one of the requirements. Last time I checked, CFO could deliver the original certificate and sticker. I would suggest to not wait for the visa to expire take chances to fly out JUST bring complete requirements then I think you're good to go 

Timeline
9 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Did you attend a CFO seminar, or just print out a certificate from their website?

Hi Jon, we are going to have to go all the way to Manila to get our CFO cert because the Clark office is closed. It's confusing because there are two CFO offices in Manila. One of which is at the airport (NAIA).  I believe the one we are going to is here:

Citigold Center,
1345 Quirino Ave, Paco,
Manila, 1007
Metro Manila, Philippines

(It sounds like this one is open, the announcement does not mention this office)

So Davao will be will be open on the 22nd but that is way to far away.  Which one are you guys going to?

Commission.PNG

Timeline
10 hours ago, praisejourney said:

Exactly. We are going to fly out on July 18th. I will keep everyone posted.  Thank you so much for the information and for starting this forum. It is super helpful. Yeah we found that the Medical and travel documents only took us a couple of hours to get. 

Sorry when I said Medical, I meant to say Health Cert for traveling.

9 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Is the CFO available online?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.