zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,567 posts in this topic

G'Dy all hope y'all are doing well on your journey's. A question, today I have received and answer from the Embassy in Sydney stating my expedite has been accepted

(Our office is pleased to announce that we are now scheduling immigrant visa appointments for certain visa classifications, including applicants from Victoria.) Thats a good thing for us all down here.

My question is when i apply for a border permit it asks for - (Address of your location in NSW) would this refer to where I would plan to stay or the Embassy address- any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John0990 said:

G'Dy all hope y'all are doing well on your journey's. A question, today I have received and answer from the Embassy in Sydney stating my expedite has been accepted

(Our office is pleased to announce that we are now scheduling immigrant visa appointments for certain visa classifications, including applicants from Victoria.) Thats a good thing for us all down here.

My question is when i apply for a border permit it asks for - (Address of your location in NSW) would this refer to where I would plan to stay or the Embassy address- any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John.

this is where you plan to stay. 

Just now, Lelly said:

this is where you plan to stay. 

Ok thank you so much. It was the email giving me the three options, naturally I cant choose number one as I'm not in NSW right now but at least can with number 2 and get asap. Fingers crossed from here.

Timeline
Just now, John0990 said:

Ok thank you so much. It was the email giving me the three options, naturally I cant choose number one as I'm not in NSW right now but at least can with number 2 and get asap. Fingers crossed from here.

Also with the border permit, you can apply for that whenever, it gets approved automatically (you have to prove your case upon entry, which should not be a problem as you fit under a border permit category - just print out evidence to support that). The permit will be emailed to you within minutes of applying. It is valid for 14 days once you get it, but that doesn't really matter because if it expires you can just apply for another one.  

8 minutes ago, Lelly said:

Also with the border permit, you can apply for that whenever, it gets approved automatically (you have to prove your case upon entry, which should not be a problem as you fit under a border permit category - just print out evidence to support that). The permit will be emailed to you within minutes of applying. It is valid for 14 days once you get it, but that doesn't really matter because if it expires you can just apply for another one.  

Hi Lelly, thanks for the info I was so stressing on the Border permit part of things.

18 minutes ago, Lelly said:

Hi Lelly, ok permit went through exactly as you said thanks. Now to get organised and get to NSW asap. This forum has been a God send for without it and the great people here the constant unknown of the process would have so much more stressful.

Regards

John.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John0990 said:

Hi Lelly, thanks for the info I was so stressing on the Border permit part of things.

You'll be fine. It's a legal obligation. The border permit category defines that to include needing to comply with an Act (personal appearance at the consulate is an obligation under an Act). Just print evidence of that as well as showing that the only consulate in Australia that does interviews for immigrant visas is the Sydney Consulate (you can find this on their website). And communication with the Consulate about your visa and approved expedited interview. Depending on when you travel and if mandatory quarantine is still in place you may need to go to a "Police hotel" (this is even though the permit will say you can self isolate for this permit category) but you could leave quarantine to attend the interview if it is scheduled for within the 14 days (this is also on the permit), you would just need to organise that with NSW Police if you're in a quarantine hotel. 

4 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone! I had my Medical at O'Connel Street on the 8th of October and had my interview on the 14th of October. During my interview, the Consulate still hasn't received my medical report. The guy who interviewed me reassured me that I have nothing to worry as they will approve my case once they receive my medical report.

How long does it usually take? it's been like 12 days since my medical. The clinic said they sent my report on the 9th of October but still my visa case status is Refused. Should I make a follow up or just wait?

Thank you! :) 

Hi Jen! I’m in a similar boat. Did my medical on the 7th, received the email from O’Connell on the 13th with the documents. My case status on the Ceac visa check site updated to 13/10/20 but still refused. Haven’t heard from them yet. Meanwhile another member here had their medical sent on the same day as mine (13/10) and already has their visa in the mail. I did end up sending them an email today because I’ve already booked flights and starting to feel a little stressed. I’ll let you know if they respond or anything changes! Keep me posted as well :) 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, PriscillaQOTD said:

Hi Jen! I’m in a similar boat. Did my medical on the 7th, received the email from O’Connell on the 13th with the documents. My case status on the Ceac visa check site updated to 13/10/20 but still refused. Haven’t heard from them yet. Meanwhile another member here had their medical sent on the same day as mine (13/10) and already has their visa in the mail. I did end up sending them an email today because I’ve already booked flights and starting to feel a little stressed. I’ll let you know if they respond or anything changes! Keep me posted as well :) 

Awww! Thanks for sharing your situation. When did you have your interview? I will really appreciate if you keep me posted so I know if I need to email them as well. I really hope we get our visa soon, especially for you as you have booked your flight already. :)  

1 minute ago, Jen27062019 said:

Awww! Thanks for sharing your situation. When did you have your interview? I will really appreciate if you keep me posted so I know if I need to email them as well. I really hope we get our visa soon, especially for you as you have booked your flight already. :)  

I just received an email back from Sydney. They said they have all the necessary docs and it’s with the officer but it takes usually around 15 days to process once received. So I guess worst case it will be done by the 27th. Our interview was the 6th. I’ll keep you posted!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PriscillaQOTD said:

I just received an email back from Sydney. They said they have all the necessary docs and it’s with the officer but it takes usually around 15 days to process once received. So I guess worst case it will be done by the 27th. Our interview was the 6th. I’ll keep you posted!

Wow! 15 days! The officer who interviewed me told me that I just have to wait for 1-2 weeks for my visa.  I'll e-mail them on Thursday if I still don't get any updates. Thanks so much!!!!! :) I'll keep you posted too :) 

5 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone! I had my Medical at O'Connel Street on the 8th of October and had my interview on the 14th of October. During my interview, the Consulate still hasn't received my medical report. The guy who interviewed me reassured me that I have nothing to worry as they will approve my case once they receive my medical report.

How long does it usually take? it's been like 12 days since my medical. The clinic said they sent my report on the 9th of October but still my visa case status is Refused. Should I make a follow up or just wait?

Thank you! :) 

It’s really weird that the clinic sent your medical but 4 days later it still hadn’t been received by the officer? Does it go through an admin person first? I’d be emailing them as well but that’s because my case is time sensitive so it’s up to you. I think your plan to wait until Thursday and then email is good :) 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, PriscillaQOTD said:

It’s really weird that the clinic sent your medical but 4 days later it still hadn’t been received by the officer? Does it go through an admin person first? I’d be emailing them as well but that’s because my case is time sensitive so it’s up to you. I think your plan to wait until Thursday and then email is good :) 

I know. If I don't get any updates, I'll e-mail them on Thursday. Which e-mail address did you send your query? Thank you! :) 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, PriscillaQOTD said:

I responded to their interview email so they would recognise the heading and respond quicker lol

Haha! Okay, I'll do the same. Thanks! I'll keep you posted :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.