Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,  I am preparing for my N400 application,  based on marriage. is it better to file online or filing paper forms? I also need help with the cover letter,  my I751 is still pending. sent RFE documents last week and waiting for a response. 

I have the check of $725 payable to us department of homeland security. 

Photocopy of my green card. 

Photocopy of my wife's birth certificate and passport .

Our marriage certificate. 

Our Daughter's birth certificate. 

Form N 400 

E notification form.

2 passport photos. 

Our 2018_2019 tax return filing jointly.  We didn't have enough income on 2017 and I received my GC on September 2017. How can I explain that.? 

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
54 minutes ago, tmac676767 said:

She can probably file N400 under the three year rule, assuming that she is married to a US citizen. It is the very first question on N400 form. Please look it up.

No she got her green card thru business sponsorship. It's 10 years and it's been 4 years since then.. so, I assume that she has to wait 5 years to be eligible right? Doesn't matter how long she has been in the US before legally..

8 hours ago, Bariskurt said:

No she got her green card thru business sponsorship. It's 10 years and it's been 4 years since then.. so, I assume that she has to wait 5 years to be eligible right? Doesn't matter how long she has been in the US before legally..

The last line on her greencard has "Resident Since" date. This is the date she became a US permanent resident. Add 5 years to this date, then minus 90 days. This is the earliest date she can apply for her citizenship. Why 90 days? USCIS allows early filing of up to 90 days. If you want an official explanation, look around in USCIS.  Hope that helps.

8 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Hello everybody,  I am preparing for my N400 application,  based on marriage. is it better to file online or filing paper forms? I also need help with the cover letter,  my I751 is still pending. sent RFE documents last week and waiting for a response. 

I have the check of $725 payable to us department of homeland security. 

Photocopy of my green card. 

Photocopy of my wife's birth certificate and passport .

Our marriage certificate. 

Our Daughter's birth certificate. 

Form N 400 

E notification form.

2 passport photos. 

Our 2018_2019 tax return filing jointly.  We didn't have enough income on 2017 and I received my GC on September 2017. How can I explain that.? 

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone. 

I don't think it make a difference online or paper filing. If you chose to file online, please read through this thread. There are reports that  documents are not uploaded correctly, and a couple of us wrote tips on how to prevent it. 

As for your list of supporting docs.

1. I am pretty sure you don't need passport photos if you are filing N400 within US. Please refer to N400 instructions from USCIS.

2.  Tax - Instead of sending tax filing forms (i.e. 1040 tax form), the consensus is the IRS tax transcripts are preferred.  You can request official tax transcript directly from IRS. IRS use to mail these pre-Covid upon request. Now, you will have create an account on IRS website, and download/print out directly from IRS. Anyways, it is free and it is fast. Google up IRS Tax transcripts for the link.

3. The fact that USCIS requested RFEs on I751,  I would consider adding  more info on the N400 application. If you have any of the following,  add it - joint checking/saving account statements, joint car/health insurance, joint bill,  joint credit card,  his and hers driver license stating the same address,  Power Of attorney, healthcare directive, will, etc. 

4. As for missing 207 tax filing, I am not sure, search around in the forum. You may just have to explain it in the the interview.

Hope that helps.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, tmac676767 said:

I don't think it make a difference online or paper filing. If you chose to file online, please read through this thread. There are reports that  documents are not uploaded correctly, and a couple of us wrote tips on how to prevent it. 

As for your list of supporting docs.

1. I am pretty sure you don't need passport photos if you are filing N400 within US. Please refer to N400 instructions from USCIS.

2.  Tax - Instead of sending tax filing forms (i.e. 1040 tax form), the consensus is the IRS tax transcripts are preferred.  You can request official tax transcript directly from IRS. IRS use to mail these pre-Covid upon request. Now, you will have create an account on IRS website, and download/print out directly from IRS. Anyways, it is free and it is fast. Google up IRS Tax transcripts for the link.

3. The fact that USCIS requested RFEs on I751,  I would consider adding  more info on the N400 application. If you have any of the following,  add it - joint checking/saving account statements, joint car/health insurance, joint bill,  joint credit card,  his and hers driver license stating the same address,  Power Of attorney, healthcare directive, will, etc. 

4. As for missing 207 tax filing, I am not sure, search around in the forum. You may just have to explain it in the the interview.

Hope that helps.

It is right, I am applying and my uploaded documents get removed by itself after I log out. Luckily I have few days before I can finally submit the N400 form, but it is true the uploaded evidence documents do not always get attached. Maybe my home internet is slow, I used Edge and even Chrome but still same thing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Dear friends...joining this thread:

Filed by paper in early June

Priority date: June 11, 2020

NOA date: June 16, 2020 (received in the mail today [June 20])

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
38 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Dear friends...joining this thread:

Filed by paper in early June

Priority date: June 11, 2020

NOA date: June 16, 2020 (received in the mail today [June 20])

Awesome. One milestone accomplished 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TajTaj said:

mine is not showing up either. are you showing up status of your application yer?

Nothing new, for now. It just says "estimated wait time 6 days" and "estimated case completion time 9 months (March 2021)"

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

1 minute ago, elicearea said:

Nothing new, for now. It just says "estimated wait time 6 days" and "estimated case completion time 9 months (March 2021)"

where do you see " estimated wait time 6 days". When I log in My USCIS account, it says I have submitted N-400 successfully.  and what 6 days estimated time for ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, TajTaj said:

where do you see " estimated wait time 6 days". When I log in My USCIS account, it says I have submitted N-400 successfully.  and what 6 days estimated time for ?

I don't know what that means, maybe biometrics or something, it doesn't say. After a couple of days after filing it should show up in your account (the estimated wait time).

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

Just now, elicearea said:

I don't know what that means, maybe biometrics or something, it doesn't say. After a couple of days after filing it should show up in your account (the estimated wait time).

Thank you. I applied on 9th and received NOA on 15th. Just wondering why not showing up yet. Hopefully show up soon. Thanks

8 minutes ago, Tiko33 said:

Hi guys,

I filled up N-400 online in May, but have a question. After a month we expect our boy to be born, but I didn’t mention anything about it when was filing. Should I let USCIS know as soon as baby is born? Will that affect my processing time? 
thanks in advance if someone can help with this. 

You probably don't have to inform USCIS about the baby right away. Make sure to bring his birth certificate to your interview. Congrats man, wish you all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.