Jaswin

Need help regarding i864 for CR1 and CR2. Since I filed 2 separate i 130 one for spouse and one for my step child living abroad

64 posts in this topic

Hello Guys 

If someone can help me  here? 
I am a us citizen filed 2 separte  i130 petitions, one for spouse and one for step child living abroad. Both petitions get approved. Preparing to file 2 separate i864 one for spouse and one for step child. With nvc.

Can someone help me with part 2 which is about principal immigrant . I understand that i should put my spouse name on one of the i864 form and on the other i864 i should put name of my child who is under 21 unmarried living abroad.

Also part 3 item 1 , item2  , item 29 and item 4.a  on the I 864 form of my spouse and same info for my child i864.
Also part 5, item 1, item 2,  item 3 and item 4 on I 864 for my spouse and on my child i864.

Please answer these questions considering I 864 for spouse first and then i864 for  my stepchild.
I hope i qualified for 125% poverty guideline  income criteria  ( Total income on my  2019 is

$ 29500. Living single myself in USA.) . Also even if iam qualified for income level , can i attach savings and checking acvount balance in part 7 item 1 from petitioner side and part 7, item 6 from my spouse side ( she has 10k as bank balance  and I have 18k as balance in checking. I dont want to mentions others assets except cash to supplement my income. Because my ( petitioner) real estate property is outside the usa . Plse help)

Regards

Jaswin

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

20 hours ago, Jaswin said:

Hello Guys 

If someone can help me  here? 
I am a us citizen filed 2 separte  i130 petitions, one for spouse and one for step child living abroad. Both petitions get approved. Preparing to file 2 separate i864 one for spouse and one for step child. With nvc.

Can someone help me with part 2 which is about principal immigrant . I understand that i should put my spouse name on one of the i864 form and on the other i864 i should put name of my child who is under 21 unmarried living abroad.

Also part 3 item 1 , item2  , item 29 and item 4.a  on the I 864 form of my spouse and same info for my child i864.
Also part 5, item 1, item 2,  item 3 and item 4 on I 864 for my spouse and on my child i864.

Please answer these questions considering I 864 for spouse first and then i864 for  my stepchild.
I hope i qualified for 125% poverty guideline  income criteria  ( Total income on my  2019 is

$ 29500. Living single myself in USA.) . Also even if iam qualified for income level , can i attach savings and checking acvount balance in part 7 item 1 from petitioner side and part 7, item 6 from my spouse side ( she has 10k as bank balance  and I have 18k as balance in checking. I dont want to mentions others assets except cash to supplement my income. Because my ( petitioner) real estate property is outside the usa . Plse help)

Regards

Jaswin

You check Q1 on Part 5.

Neither your spouse or the immigrant child are mentioned on Part 3 Q4a etc... They each have their own petition and Q3 specifically says not to mention anyone on a separate petition.

So the answer to  Q29 is 1

For the household size, on your wife's I-864 the answer will be 

Q1=1

Q2=1

Q3 - Q7=0

Q8=2

ON your stepchild's I-864 it will be different.

Q1=1

Q2=1

Q3=1

Q4-Q7=0

Q8=3

For 3 people the minimum is $27,150.  You can certainly include your assets, cash in bank is best, but I wouldn't bother with your spouse's. 

Edited by NikLR
forgot to answer a question

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just note that unless you are self employed, your 2019 total income is not your current annual income.  It goes on the form as information but it is not your current income.  If you lost your job last week, your current income is ZERO.  Calculate your current income by taking the gross pay for full pay period, times the number of pay periods in a full year.  That is your current income.  Document it with a copy of the same pay stub you used to calculate it.  As current a pay stub as possible.  Send a more current one to the interview with your spouse as evidence you are still employed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 month later...

Thanks NikLR AND Pushbrk...

Appreciated your replies about my question regarding i864's household size on both cr1 and cr2 visa. 

I have few more questions that need help.

1. Please advice :   Though I met 125% poverty guidelines ( My TOTAL income=$29,500 on my 2019 tax return) but falls closely with the number ( minimum 125% is $27,150 ). Also, I heard Immigration is hard on these numbers and looking for 250% though it says 125% for someone to bring their family. Do you think , I should file i864 - joint sponsor  right away with my NVC, CEAC process , or should I wait unless consulate or NVC  ask me do so. My friend want to help me for this . He has TOTAL INCOME  on their 2019 tax return is $60k and  they filed as married on their 1040 tax return and both are green card holders. They have 2 children who files their taxes separately and both are above 21 and living in the same house with their parents. so I understand , total household size for them would be 2 , since they didn't claim their children on their tax return. Also, since they are  sponsoring for my CR1(spouse) and CR2(step child) visas. I understand that I need to file 2 separate i864's ( from joint sponsor side) and 2 separate i864A's from house hold member side  if they filed there tax together. ONLY ONE JOINT SPONSER IS ok... RIGHT?  

2. Both i864's ( from joint sponsor side) , one for CR1 and one for CR2 , will be filled exactly like Petitioners i864's ( I already completed 2, one for my spouse and one for stepchild  ). Please help with these questions one-by-one in sequence to avoid any confusion.

On i864- joint sponsor for spouse , the numbers would be like this :

Part 2, Item 1.a,  which is about the principal applicant will be :  My spouse details...Right?

Part 3, item 1, yes ...Right?

Part 3, item 2 and item 3 and item 4.a about ALL Family members ones, will be left blank......Right ?

Part 3, item 29  will be 1. ..

Part 4 about be all about joint sponsor (husband) details....Right?

Part 5,  item1 = 1( sponsoring immigrant is my wife),   item 2 = 1 (joint sponsor himself),   item 3 = 1 ( since joint sponsor filed as married ),  item4 to item7 will be =0 . since no one else ,except 4 of them living in the same house. So,  item8 = 3 ....Right ?

Please help.

On i864- joint sponsor for Step child , the numbers would be like this :

Part 2, Iteam 1.a, ----- which is about the principal applicant will be my : Step child details...Right ?

Part 3, item 1, -----yes . ( Please  correct me )

Part 3, item 2 and item 3 and item 4.a about ALL Family members ones , will be left blank......Right ?

Part 3, item 29  will be 1.     please correct me .

Part 4 about be all about joint sponsor (husband) details....Right?

Part 5,  item1  = 1 ( sponsoring immigrant which is my stepchild) , item 2 = 1 ( joint sponsor  himself),   item 3 = 1 ( since joint sponsor filed as married ),  item4 to item7 will be =0. since no one except 4 of them living in the same house. So,  item8 = 4 ....Right ?

item 8 = 3  .......Right ?

So, the  Household Size would be 3 on both i864s - joint sponsors forms.  Please correct me ..

3.   On i864A  (from be household member side ) whose income is combined with the co sponsor income reported on the most recent tax return. I have to file 2 separate i864'A  (along withe the  2 i864's co-sponsor ones ) one for my spouse and one for step child .Please , answer..

4.  On one  i864A (for my spouse)  from the household member side.

Part 4, item 2.a, 2.b and  2c.    (which is about TOTAL income reported on 7b of 2019 tax . This is the combined income of both co-sponser and household member together listed on recent tax return and NOT  only the individual  household member's income )...plse reply.

Part 5, item :  Indicate number ? should be 1 right ( since sponsoring immigrant here will be my spouse on this i864A)

Part5 , item 1.a to 5,  will be the details of my spouse  only and item 6.a to 25 will be left blank....right ?

5.On one of the i864A( for my step child ) from household member side

Part 4, item 2.a, 2.b and  2c.    (which is about TOTAL income reported on 7b of 2019 tax . This is the combined income of both co-sponser and household member together listed on recent tax return and NOT  only the individual  household member's income )...Please help.

Part 5, item :  Indicate number ? should be 1 right ( since sponsoring immigrant here will be my step child on this i864A)

Part5 , item 1.a to 5,  will be the details of my step child  only and item 6.a to 25 will be left blank....Please help

so, I have to list my spouse on one i864A and my step child on 2nd i864A .  So, in part5,  where it says " indicate number". would be 1 on each of the separate i864A's .  

I again appreciate specially Pushbrk and NikLR for their effort and helping tons of peoples who cannot afford expensive attorneys.

thanks 

Edited by Jaswin

Hello NikLR / and Pushbrk

thanks for your replies for some of my questions above. It seems like you guys have very shark knowledge about the subject. Kindly help me with above posted questions regarding i864 for co sponsor and I 864 A from houseld member. I am the petitioner and I done with my i 864 for both of my beneficiaries separately. 

Looking forward for the help ,.  Just copy and past my questions and reply yes or no ....though it seems a lot but u can copy past them and reply in YES Or NO....

thanks to all community here

~~removed duplicate topic in unrelated forum.  Please keep all of your information here.~~

~organizer hat off~

I'm sorry I really don't have time to go through each and every line of the I-864 with you.  Please use your best judgement based on the instructions and the guides.  If you need further help or help with only one or two parts, then either post here OR you can hire someone to help you with your immigration journey. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I do not charge.  I do not do immigration help for money.  However you can google "who is pushbrk?" and probably find more info. 

Hello NikLR

What will be the household size on both i864- joint sponsor and i864A .

Joint sponsor filed as married and there is no other dependent children or other dependent people on 6th or tax return .

Since I filed 2 separate i130 each one for spouse and my step child. 

So i hope there will be household size of 3 on each of this 2 i864s.

Plse help.

Thanks 

Hello visa journey community .....I am new to this , I was told this is a very helpful site...

Replies will be appreciated form the visa journey community...

I am the petitioner and I already filed i1What will be the household size on both i864- joint sponsor ,one  for spouse and one for step child ( both are beneficiaries and separate i130 filed for them from me as a petitioner and filed separate i864 from petitioner side for both the beneficiaries)

Joint sponsor filed as married on their  tax return 2019 and there is no other dependent children or other dependent people on their recent tax return .

1.  So i hope there will be household size of 3 on each of this 2 , i864s from the joint sponsor side ? I need a help with this ..

2. Also , what  does it mean on each i864A , part-5 where it says " Indicate number"  should i put 1 here  and give details of the principal immigrant  in part 5, item 1.a   to     item 5    and leave everything after  it blank. 

3. Also in Part 6 , on i864A   where it says " indicate number" again , would be 1 . Since joint sponsor has to file 2 separate i864 one each for spouse and one for a step child. so I hope " indicate number" would be 1 here too . .....plse correct me.

4. Similarly,  on 2nd i864A same "indicate number" column will be 1 and intending immigrant in part5 ,  item 1.a to item5  will be now my child info. 

Kindly  help me withe these questions .

Thanks  

Everyone 

Hi NikLR / Pushbrk

Thanks for your replies to some of my questions .Please help with few of the question I stuck with . What will be the household size on both i864- joint sponsor ,one  for spouse and one for step child ( both are beneficiaries and separate i130 filed for them from me as a petitioner and filed separate i864 from petitioner side for both the beneficiaries)

Joint sponsor filed as married on their  tax return 2019 and there is no other dependent children or other dependent people on their recent tax return .

1.  So i hope there will be household size of 3 on each of this 2 , i864s from the joint sponsor side ? I need a help with this ..

2. Also , what  does it mean on each i864A , part-5 where it says " Indicate number"  should i put 1 here  and give details of the principal immigrant  in part 5, item 1.a   to     item 5    and leave everything after  it blank. 

3. Also in Part 6 , on i864A   where it says " indicate number" again , would be 1 . Since joint sponsor has to file 2 separate i864 one each for spouse and one for a step child. so I hope " indicate number" would be 1 here too . .....plse correct me.

4. Similarly,  on 2nd i864A same "indicate number" column will be 1 and intending immigrant in part5 ,  item 1.a to item5  will be now my child info. .

Thanks a lot ...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Since you are not working now, you have plenty of time to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions.  Almost all your questions are answered there.  Once you've done that, we're here to answer remaining questions. 

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi Pushbrk

Thanks for responding .Well I gone through 10 times for i864 instructions . What I learned so far , i864 -from  petitioner side filed for spouse , will have  household size of 2 and for stepchild i864 will have 3. Assuming I have no dependents I claimed on my tax return and no dependent children since  my stepchild is 19yr and attained a age of maturity of place of her domicile not claimed on my tax return too. So the household size number will 2 for i864 from petitioner side for spouse and 3 on i864 from petitioner side for step child.

Now, stuck with i864..joint sponsor and i864A where it says indicate number.

I understand that there will be a household size of 3 on both i864 from joint sponsor ,one for spouse and one for child. What about indicate number on both the i864A for child and spouse.

Will be 1 on each i864A.

See, if u can help with above asked questions...

Will appreciate ur help since i can't afford expensive attroney. Out there , i got my NVC 2 and half month now ...

Thanks for ur time ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.