DanBucci

Question about "Receipt date for a case inquiry"

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

On the USCIS website processing times, it shows "Receipt date for a case inquiry" October 30th, 2019 at the time of this post being made. However, on VisaJourney, I'm seeing people getting their NOA2 from NOA1's December 27th, 2019 and January 2020. How does that work? I'm confused because if the USCIS shows you can get a receipt inquiry from October 30th, that should make it where we'll get our NOA2 on October or September. My VisaJourney profile tells me it'll take around August 13-30, 2020.

Can somebody explain to me how this works? Does USCIS overshoot the estimates to make you not expect anything too s?

Edited by DanBucci

24 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

On the USCIS website processing times, it shows "Receipt date for a case inquiry" October 30th, 2019 at the time of this post being made. However, on VisaJourney, I'm seeing people getting their NOA2 from NOA1's December 27th, 2019 and January 2020. How does that work? I'm confused because if the USCIS shows you can get a receipt inquiry from October 30th, that should make it where we'll get our NOA2 on October or September. My VisaJourney profile tells me it'll take around August 13-30, 2020.

Can somebody explain to me how this works? Does USCIS overshoot the estimates to make you not expect anything too s?

Pretty simple:  if someone with a receipt date prior to 10/30/19 has not received their approval, they are now within USCIS' inquiry period.  Yes, USCIS will have approved some from after that date, just like they will still be working on some from before that date.  It is not a linear process.

VJ data is self-reported and should be taken with a grain of salt.  Half of the profiles out there say "Armenia" and "Texas Service Center," so the dates could be equally mucked up.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Pretty simple:  if someone with a receipt date prior to 10/30/19 has not received their approval, they are now within USCIS' inquiry period.  Yes, USCIS will have approved some from after that date, just like they will still be working on some from before that date.  It is not a linear process.

VJ data is self-reported and should be taken with a grain of salt.  Half of the profiles out there say "Armenia" and "Texas Service Center," so the dates could be equally mucked up.

Thank you for being the MVP of my day. What do you mean by "not a linear process"?

33 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

VJ estimates are just that, estimates for when your petition will be reviewed based on trending of information provided by everyone who has a timeline on this website..this estimate changes every now and then.. 

uscis has a website you go to, depending on your service center you can see the estimated time it takes for petitions to be approved.. there is also an enquiry date, e.g. 4/1/2019 means your priority date needs to be prior to that date to call them.. generally speaking... it takes around 12 months for i130 to be approved

many people on this site will say they were approved before you, before getting impatient you need to think which center they’re at, possible expidit or did they just got extremely lucky.. there’s very little logic behind the order of which cases are filed at each center... you’d think it would be in order of reciept, but it dosent always appear that way... I’m thinking more like prey you land on the desk of someone who likes to clear it before putting more things on top of the pile. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

3 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

Thank you for being the MVP of my day. What do you mean by "not a linear process"?

Meaning that each petition is individually adjudicated by a human being.  It is not A to Z.  One petition could be very straightforward with easy FBI background checks etc, and another one submitted on the same date could be complicated and take months longer to adjudicate.  Some petitions include 10k chat pages that the poor sap has to wade through, while others are bare-bones.  

1 minute ago, Duke & Marie said:

uscis has a website you go to, depending on your service center you can see the estimated time it takes for petitions to be approved.. there is also an enquiry date, e.g. 4/1/2019 means your priority date needs to be prior to that date to call them.. generally speaking... it takes around 12 months for i130 to be approved

OP's profile says K-1.

6 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

What do you mean by "not a linear process"?

First in best dressed, or in order they received.. 

its kind of random.. and seems to be done in chunks of applications received so if you filed on the first of the month, those that filed on the 30th could be looked at before you

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

OP's profile says K-1.

👌 but basics still apply.. i129, instead of i130, just a little faster for em... will be same problem with AOS.. service Centers, PD’s and General way of which USCIS process stuff

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline

Yes I petitioned for the K-1 visa. You guys are the best :) I really love this community so far.

I filed in April 10 and got my first NOA1 on April 13. What am I possibly looking at in your personal opinions? I'm in no rush, but I am excited to see my fiancee smile during our new life together within the States ❤️

10 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

Yes I petitioned for the K-1 visa. You guys are the best :) I really love this community so far.

I filed in April 10 and got my first NOA1 on April 13. What am I possibly looking at in your personal opinions? I'm in no rush, but I am excited to see my fiancee smile during our new life together within the States ❤️

We did our K-1 two years ago, and it was about 8.5 months from filing to getting the visa.  Historically, processing times really fluctuate though.  I have seen petition approval times from two to 12 + months.  COVID19 throws another spanner into the works, but the effects (faster vs slower) won't truly be known until later in the year IMHO.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

We did our K-1 two years ago, and it was about 8.5 months from filing to getting the visa.  Historically, processing times really fluctuate though.  I have seen petition approval times from two to 12 + months.  COVID19 throws another spanner into the works, but the effects (faster vs slower) won't truly be known until later in the year IMHO.  

Why did it take so long for you? Especially being 2 years ago

17 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

Why did it take so long for you? Especially being 2 years ago

That seems long?  LOL.  It took 185 days from NOA1 to NOA2, which was about average at that time.  From USCIS/NVC/Consulate the approved petition transit time was one month, which was lightning fast compared to now.  Husband's interview was about two weeks after the petition arrived at the Auckland Consulate - also lightning fast.

Certain parts of the process have sped up and others slowed down I guess.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That seems long?  LOL.  It took 185 days from NOA1 to NOA2, which was about average at that time.  From USCIS/NVC/Consulate the approved petition transit time was one month, which was lightning fast compared to now.  Husband's interview was about two weeks after the petition arrived at the Auckland Consulate - also lightning fast.

Certain parts of the process have sped up and others slowed down I guess.

Sorry if I came off brash. I guess it isn't that long, though I'm hoping to be in the States by late August or mid September, but it doesn't seem it'll happen which is understandable. We're expecting a child in November and I was hoping to have her give birth within the States. Oh well I guess. Crossing my fingers, hoping for a lucky fast process! Thanks everybody, I think I have a better understanding of the whole processing thing. Thread can be closed :)

Edited by DanBucci

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Looking at your profile and the dates you are talking about we actually applied roughly at the same time! Few days apart actually if you

look at the California service center cases are generally processed within 4.2 months. However, with the coronavirus obviously we are in a limbo will they work faster or slower since most are working remotely. I would plan on early 2021 at best sadly 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kristinaax03225 said:

Looking at your profile and the dates you are talking about we actually applied roughly at the same time! Few days apart actually if you

look at the California service center cases are generally processed within 4.2 months. However, with the coronavirus obviously we are in a limbo will they work faster or slower since most are working remotely. I would plan on early 2021 at best sadly 

Aye, that's pretty cool! You should update on this post or PM me when you get approved, that way we can see who gets approved first ;)

I called the USCIS today and they said processing speeds (times) have not been affected by COVID. They said the only thing that was affected was the NVC and Biometrics appointments. I don't know what's going on, to be honest. I'll take their word for it and wait with optimism.

Edited by DanBucci

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.