DanBucci

Question about "Receipt date for a case inquiry"

23 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kristinaax03225 said:

at the California service center cases are generally processed within 4.2 months.

And two years ago, it was 6 months (which we experienced), before us it was 9 months, late last year it was 3 months.  Like I said, the fluctuations are normal.  And the petition approval is only one small part of the overall process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, kris&me said:

helpful to read the embassy reviews 

some have a difficult interview and are disappointed

others seem to go smoothly 

but Guayquil can be very hard on people

Yes I've read good things about the Consulate in Guayaquil, but my fiancee and I live in Quito so we're most likely to go to the US Embassy in Quito.

4 hours ago, DanBucci said:

Yes I've read good things about the Consulate in Guayaquil, but my fiancee and I live in Quito so we're most likely to go to the US Embassy in Quito.

I don't believe that embassy does IVs.  @TBoneTX will know for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't believe that embassy does IVs.  @TBoneTX will know for sure.

My fiancee can't have the interview in Quito? That would blow since we would have to fly all the way to Guayaquil. Hopefully @TBoneTX can respond 😕

3 minutes ago, DanBucci said:

My fiancee can't have the interview in Quito? That would blow since we would have to fly all the way to Guayaquil. Hopefully @TBoneTX can respond 😕

It even says it on the Department of State's website for the Ecuador embassy:  "Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Ecuador at the U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil.

To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. The sponsor begins the process by filing a petition on the foreign citizen’s behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  You may wish to review our Directory of Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to learn about the different types of immigrant visas to the United States, including our Diversity Visa Program.  Then, follow the steps on the Immigrant Visa Process, or on the Diversity Visa Process, on usvisas.state.gov to begin applying for an immigrant visa.

Once USCIS has approved your petition and you have completed pre-processing with the National Visa Center (NVC), or if you have been selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery and completed processing with the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), review the instructions given to you by the NVC or the KCC, along with the information presented on this website, for further guidance and instructions."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, DanBucci said:

that is probably a good thing

we went thru guayaquail and ours was ok but i heard some other people there going thru a terrible time and talking about it outside after

43 minutes ago, kris&me said:

that is probably a good thing

we went thru guayaquail and ours was ok but i heard some other people there going thru a terrible time and talking about it outside after

Immigrant visa interviews are not conducted in Quito, as evidenced by the text above taken from the US embassy in Ecuador.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.