JeffandNadine

Philippines citizenship for our son

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our son will be born in July and we would like to know how to apply for Philippines citizenship (dual citizenship) for him from the United States? My wife recieved her green card earlier this year from a k-1 visa.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeffandNadine said:

Our son will be born in July and we would like to know how to apply for Philippines citizenship (dual citizenship) for him from the United States? My wife recieved her green card earlier this year from a k-1 visa.

Go to the consulate website that covers your area and all instructions are online 

http://www.chicagopcg.com/dual.html

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Report of birth is not the same as dual citizenship 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeffandNadine said:

It is fairly simple to establish the dual citizenship of the child.   Complete ROB at the consulate that represents the state where the child was born.   Child is a dual citizen by birth nothing to apply for.    At some point do acquire the Philippine passport for the child

https://philippineembassy-usa.org/

https://philippineembassy-usa.org/report-of-birth/   < ROB information

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

https://philembassy.no/faq?field_category_target_id[]=11

My child was born before I acquired my foreign citizenship, when I was still Filipino. Does my child have to apply for dual citizenship?

No. Your child is a dual citizen by birth, since at least one of his parents were Filipino at the time of his/her birth. In order for him/her to be issued a Philippine passport, he must have a Birth Certificate issued by the PSA, or a Report of Birth filed at a Philippine Embassy if born abroad.

Finally done.

41 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Report of birth is not the same as dual citizenship 

You are wrong... A Report of Birth shows that the Philippine government acknowledges that the child is a dual citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can apply by mail using the link Hank gave for the directions and forms or alternatively visit the consulate serving your state.  We did it at the DC Consulate since we are in Maryland.  Was quite easy.  Hopefully you also already completed the RoM for your marriage.

https://philippineembassy-usa.org/report-of-birth/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.