JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Timona said:

To ALL July 2020 N400 filers

Whether you are done with the process or not, kindly, for data purposes, please, revisit the link and correct your data. Someone messed up the spreadsheet. Individual data may be wrong as a result. I tried to fix it.

And to others... please, the online spreadsheet is ONLY for data input. If you wanna mess with it, kindly download and play with it from your own computer. It allows each and everyone  to download. Do not mess up with the spreadsheet. We spent so much time gathering this data. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Timeline corrected.

AOS Timeline / Family-based

Feb 24, 2015 (day 0) - Sent Forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
Feb 26, 2015 (day 2) - Package delivered and received.
Mar 03, 2015 (day 7) - Text / email messages from USCIS, receiving Forms I-130, I-485,
I-131 and I-765.
USD 420 and 1,070 Checks were cashed.
Mar 08, 2015 (day 12) - Paper receipts of I-797C for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 from mail.

Mar 13, 2015 (day 17) - Mail notice received for Biometrics appointment on March 25, 2015.

Mar 25, 2015 (day 29) - Completed Biometrics, as scheduled.

May 12, 2015 (day 75) - AP/EAD approved and Card has been ordered.

May 27, 2015 (day 90) - AP/EAD Card received in the mailbox.

June 3, 2015 (day 97) - Received NPIW letter in the mailbox.

Sept 24, 2015 (day 212) - I-130/I-485 approved. No Interview.

Sept 28, 2015 (day 216) - GC mailed.

Sept 30, 2015 (day 218) - GC received.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, ThaOne said:

I was in the same situation as you. When I went to the interview (and in my application) due to space, I omitted to put one because it didn't fit. When you go through the interview, after the civics and reading/writing tests they go through your n400 application and look at your passport. They go from start to bottom. He mentioned my name as written on my application. I said "correct". Then he told me so what is XYZ then? (XYZ is my second first name that I never use really). He took that information from my file on the computer he was reading from. The only place he could have known of that is from my initial application more than a decade ago for the GC. And also my old passport actually shows my full name. So he changed the name from my application to add the second first name to it. At the end when we went through all the questions including the Yes No questions, he printed out the changes made to my application. In my case it was just the addition of my second first name and had me sign it to make sure that I was aware that he changed something on my application. 

He said that unless I chose to have a name change, it has to be included on my form. A name change would delay things, and my intent wasn't to change my name anyway. Bottom line is, the official name that you must have on your application is the official FULL name on your birth certificate, initial GC application and supposed to be the same as what is on your old country passport. Whatever is on those official documents should be your whole full name. You can tell him that at the interview if you didn't include one on the application. It didn't delay anything in my case. I got the congratulations letter after the interview and got the oath scheduled only 3 or 4 days later. But maybe depending on the "name" and the country you are from it could cause a delay, if the FBI name checks were made with not your full name. But as I said I wouldn't worry too much, because I am sure they already know everything about an applicant based on their A-number which has all the initial information from your GC application. If all your worries is that bank documents, rent/lease... only show two names, then that isn't an issue to worry about. Just explain that if asked.

Just make sure that at the time you leave the interview they clearly know you as the person with your two first names and your last name. Otherwise once they print your certificate for the oath if you accept it, then that second first name is officially not yours anymore and you would have to go through the courts to get a name change.

I hope I was thorough enough.

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your response! This is indeed very thorough and I appreciate it a lot. The name on my birth certificate as well as my green card match and I have provided that in the form N-400. I merely just forgot to mention that one of my documents I have from the state only printed my second first name and last name. Thank you so much again! :)

Edited by Prettygal1221

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/9/2021 at 11:51 PM, rodeo said:

Timeline corrected.

Corrected my entry as well.. 

Nebraska SC

RD 12/16/2014

NOA1 12/22/2014

FP notice 01/16/2015

FB completed 1/27/2015

Expedite Request 2/03/2015 - Denied

Expedite Request #2 : 03/02/2015

Expedite Request #2 : Assigned to officer 03/03/2015,

EAD Approved 03/10/2015

EAD/AP Card production ordered 03/10/2015

EAD Received...... waiting..

7 hours ago, Mariela08 said:

Just an update, I got a reuse letter in my account today, no email yet. Nyc july filler.

6 hours ago, J1student said:

Got a biometrics reuse notice today. Had my biometrics for gc from 5 years ago! 

NYC filed July 12th 2020.

Wow! This is exciting news! Thanks for sharing! I filed in July in NYC (Bronx) as well. I checked my online account and no updates yet... where did you find this update? Hoping for things to move on my case as well 🙏🏼

2 hours ago, Prettygal1221 said:

Wow! This is exciting news! Thanks for sharing! I filed in July in NYC (Bronx) as well. I checked my online account and no updates yet... where did you find this update? Hoping for things to move on my case as well 🙏🏼

I just check my online account under document, and the letter was there, I never received any messages or updates. Check yours

I'm from the Bronx too

4 hours ago, Mariela08 said:

7 hours ago, Prettygal1221 said:

It showed up under the documents section. There is no update in the case history (still I ly shows the receipt notice from July.) also received an email that "an action was taken on my case" 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, J1student said:

It showed up under the documents section. There is no update in the case history (still I ly shows the receipt notice from July.) also received an email that "an action was taken on my case" 

Congrats and best to luck to all that got biometrics update. All the best to those waiting 

congrats to those who got naturalized recently.. I have a question for you all - do you sign the naturalization certificate in black or blue ink. I am completely confused; vaguely remember blue but so lost.. I do remember them saying - don’t use the other else you make your certificate invalid and it costs like $550 to get a new one.. help appreciated

Nebraska SC

RD 12/16/2014

NOA1 12/22/2014

FP notice 01/16/2015

FB completed 1/27/2015

Expedite Request 2/03/2015 - Denied

Expedite Request #2 : 03/02/2015

Expedite Request #2 : Assigned to officer 03/03/2015,

EAD Approved 03/10/2015

EAD/AP Card production ordered 03/10/2015

EAD Received...... waiting..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Had my interview on Feb 11th. The officer gave me the paper and said I passed the English and civics test, and she going to review my case.  if there is enough evidence they will approve it and will send me the letter for oath ceromony otherwise they are going to ask me additional info. I am littlebit nervous . Hope to get approval letter soon.  

Another thing I asked her about my son's pending removal of condition. His case stucked since July 2019 after receiving extension letter. And she noted his A-number down and told me she going approve his with mines. Let's see how it's going to work. Can't wait this to be over. 

Edited by raini7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 minutes ago, raini7 said:

I had my interview on Feb 11th.  Allowed to enter the building 15mins before the actual interview time. Only I was allowed to enter the building. After the security check, had to wait in the waiting room for about 45 mins. The officer called my name and took me to the room. She asked me if my husband is here with me(my removal of condition is pending). I told her he is in the car. She asked for my Greencard, driver license, passport and appointment letter while I was standing and I was asked to take a oath to tell the truth before sitted down.  She went through my i-751 form info with me and corrected my new address, asked civics questions and yes no questions from N-400 form. After that she asked me to read the sentence in the iPad (Who was Abraham Lincoln?) And told me to write "Lincoln was the president during the Civil War."

Then I was asked to sign the form and check if my info is correct. She handed me the paper and said I passed the English and civics test, and she going to review my case.  if there is enough evidence they will approve it and will send me the letter for oath ceromony otherwise they are going to ask me additional info.  she   told me I am good to go. 

Before leaving I asked her about my son's pending removal of condition.   His case stucked since July 2019 after receiving extension letter. Do I have to have appointment to get stamp in his passport. We have to drive 4 hours to get here.  And she noted his A-number down and told me she going approve his with mines. After that she decided to take my husband's interview also so that he doesn't have to come here again. Let's see how it's going to work. Hope to get the approval letter soon.  Can't wait this to be over. 

11 minutes ago, raini7 said:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 2/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Timona said:

To ALL July 2020 N400 filers

Whether you are done with the process or not, kindly, for data purposes, please, revisit the link and correct your data. Someone messed up the spreadsheet. Individual data may be wrong as a result. I tried to fix it.

And to others... please, the online spreadsheet is ONLY for data input. If you wanna mess with it, kindly download and play with it from your own computer. It allows each and everyone  to download. Do not mess up with the spreadsheet. We spent so much time gathering this data. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Have you tried restoring a previous version? I see that my data is correct but it's under a different user name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, RandB said:

Have you tried restoring a previous version? I see that my data is correct but it's under a different user name.

I don't know how to do that. If you know, go ahead. I hope you fixed your data 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:11 AM, Mariela08 said:

I just check my online account under document, and the letter was there, I never received any messages or updates. Check yours

I'm from the Bronx too

I checked mine and I don't see any updates... hopefully something comes soon! Good luck! I applied online July 10, 2020. When did you apply?

On 2/13/2021 at 9:44 AM, J1student said:

I checked my documents section and nothing... hopefully something comes soon! Good luck! I applied online July 10, 2020. When did you apply?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.