Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

I heard that other people also received this email. 
It must be automatic procedure.
If I know more about it, I will come here to tell you. 

About the expedite, if you have a good reason, try again they are accepting many expedites these days 🙏😄

But for lawsuit and they ask for  extension to give me interview 

Timeline
16 hours ago, sbd said:

I've received an email of appointment cancelled from NVC. But i never got an appointment in the first place. Does someone know anything about it?

I´ve seen this happen to folks who requested expedites.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, sbd said:

We received a new email saying that they approved or expedite request. 

Then that is probably why. They cancelled your regular interview (even though it wasn´t scheduled yet, but you were in line) and they will send you an interview letter with the date of the expedited interview. Congratulations!

Timeline

So to clarify what’s going on I’ll explain what I found out. I know of 7 people, some had approved expedites and some didn’t even ask for one, they all received an email saying the appointment was canceled even though they were still at NVC. Turns out that the consulate is starting to pull cases out of the NVC so they can eventually schedule them. When your case is pulled out of the line the system automatically assumes there was an error and send you that email. Bottom line, if you received that email then congratulations because the Consulate pulled your case. You might not get an interview immediately, but shortly you will. This has been a VERY exciting week for us Brazilians waiting. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi I recently had my interview for my IR2 visa at the US consulate in Rio De Janeiro, if you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me I will answer as soon as I can. And yes my case was expedited.

9 hours ago, raphy2021 said:

Hi I recently had my interview for my IR2 visa at the US consulate in Rio De Janeiro, if you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me I will answer as soon as I can. And yes my case was expedited.

Hello, do you know when they will resume the visa services? Did you talk to someone inside the consulate? Thanks 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Flavio said:

Hello, do you know when they will resume the visa services? Did you talk to someone inside the consulate? Thanks 

Unfortunately I don't know when they're going to resume processing non expedited immigrant visas. I do believe that it's going to take a while for them to do so due to the ~10 month long backlog they got themselves into.

I do encourage everyone here to try expediting their cases. When I had my interview there were at least 8 other people in the consulate also waiting for their interviews, I believe the US consulate in Rio is considering a lot more expedite requests than before.  

Edited by raphy2021
grammar

15 hours ago, raphy2021 said:

Congrats, that's great!  Did they say when you would get your passport back?

Thanks

Timeline
29 minutes ago, SalvadorBahia said:

Congrats, that's great!  Did they say when you would get your passport back?

Thanks

Yes I got my visa approved & issued on the same day of my interview. The officer who interviewed me told us to wait like 2 hours and then come back to the consulate. I have had my visa on my passport since the interview date.

They kept my passport for 2 hours and then they gave it back to me.

Edited by raphy2021

1 hour ago, raphy2021 said:

Unfortunately I don't know when they're going to resume processing non expedited immigrant visas. I do believe that it's going to take a while for them to do so due to the ~10 month long backlog they got themselves into.

I do encourage everyone here to try expediting their cases. When I had my interview there were at least 8 other people in the consulate also waiting for their interviews, I believe the US consulate in Rio is considering a lot more expedite requests than before.  

Thank you and congrats!

What was the date that you ask for expedite your case?

Hello,

Great news about inverviews starting up again! 

How do you request to expedite your case?

I saw something mentioning that spouse/children applications can apply for emergency interviews, but this is just for emergencies right? They're not saying that all spouses should apply for an emergency interview? 

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/frequently-asked-questions-immigrant-visas/ 

(It's the COVID section then the second paragraph of the "can I continue with the immigration visa application process?")

Is a request to expedite the same as an emergency? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ssteph85 said:

Hello,

Great news about inverviews starting up again! 

How do you request to expedite your case?

I saw something mentioning that spouse/children applications can apply for emergency interviews, but this is just for emergencies right? They're not saying that all spouses should apply for an emergency interview? 

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/frequently-asked-questions-immigrant-visas/

(It's the COVID section then the second paragraph of the "can I continue with the immigration visa application process?")

Is a request to expedite the same as an emergency? 

That is correct, they are only processing emergency cases. You have the chance to convince the US Consulate that your case is considered an emergency by sending an expedite request. Once they accept it, your case will be processed and your interview will be scheduled.

In order to request an expedite for your case, your case has to be at the NVC (National Visa Center). Then, you will have send an email to the following email address: NVCExpedite@state.gov. (Keep in mind only the US Consulate has the ability to accept or deny your request)

There's thousands of posts here on VisaJourney regarding NVC expedite requests I recommend you take a look at them for more info. Also if you want to know the email sample I used for my expedite request here it is: (We changed a lot of things to fit our case) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.