Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Rafa Garoli said:

Hi, has anyone recently gotten an interview date in Rio consulate?

Based on the most recent statistics from Rio consulate, it seems they are only doing expedited cases. On the Portal, there are some VJ members who report they have their interview scheduled for January, but it´s unclear this information is outdated. Some people are reporting they have scheduled interviews for June... 

Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 8:39 AM, Hilde said:

May: CR1: 3 / IR1: 5

June: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

July: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

August: CR1: 1 / IR1: 4

September: CR1: 1 / IR1: 5

October: CR1: 2 / IR1: 6

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

November: CR1: 3 / IR1: 7

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

November: CR1: 3 / IR1: 7

It´s very slow, but it is an upward trend ...

Timeline
Just now, Flavio said:

Had not seen it. Thank you for sharing! 

Seem like a step in the right direction 😃

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, Flavio said:

Guys, did you see that:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-processing-update.html

anyone knows how is gonna work? Because the consulates are closed doing only emergencies cases...

anyway is a great news 

I already put a lawsuit so i m waiting for answer from them. I m going to ask my lawyer tomorrow and will share with them thank you for sharing this

Timeline

Good afternoon everyone!
DQ on March 18th and waiting without news.
The most difficult for me is the lack of information and total silence of the Brazilian consulate. 
I've already had the interview canceled twice and I didn't schedule it anymore, I'll wait for the date they schedule for me.
Has anyone received any date or booked on their own? 

🙏

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Timeline
4 hours ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good afternoon everyone!
The most difficult for me is the lack of information and total silence of the Brazilian consulate. 
I've already had the interview canceled twice and I didn't schedule it anymore, I'll wait for the date they schedule for me.

🙏

When were your second interview scheduled ?  

Edited by Faisal1

Timeline
16 hours ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good afternoon everyone!

🙏

Seems that the last interviews were on March 10th. Since then they´ve been doing sporadic expedited cases (6-7 per month).

Based on what other consulates are doing, these numbers SHOULD start increasing. But also depends on COVID-19 cases locally in Rio - numbers are pretty high still here. 

I wish there was more information for me to give you. Alas, we just wait. Sigh...

If anyone gets any news, please post here.

22 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Seems that the last interviews were on March 10th. Since then they´ve been doing sporadic expedited cases (6-7 per month).

Based on what other consulates are doing, these numbers SHOULD start increasing. But also depends on COVID-19 cases locally in Rio - numbers are pretty high still here. 

I wish there was more information for me to give you. Alas, we just wait. Sigh...

Heard from my lawyer that the consulate in Rio will resume their routine service in March.

Also, the Trump's proclamation were extended to end of March....

Biden can break the proclamation on his first day... Let's hope for the best!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Heard from my lawyer that the consulate in Rio will resume their routine service in March.

I email them yesterday and they told me that there is no timeframe of our service when it will start.  

34 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Well if it is on situation inside the city then indian city is far worst  than rio.  But embassy working normal over there

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Flavio said:

I dont think biden will  break this proclamation it will go until march. Problem is embassy not working

Timeline
1 hour ago, Flavio said:

Interesting information. Better to have some sort of date than none at all. Thank you

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Seems that February interviews have been cancelled and rescheduled for August in Rio de Janeiro :(

@Hilde That's not the news I was hoping to see this morning. I see that you filed for IR-1/CR-1 in NY (the same as we did).

If you don't mind me asking, when were you documentarily qualified by the NVC? And has your interviewed been previously cancelled/rescheduled? We are also sitting here in Brazil as patiently as possible waiting for our interview to be scheduled in Rio.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.