Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello All,

Starting this thread in the hopes of getting information about the Rio de Janeiro interviews.

I got DQ on May 6th and am waitng for the interview letter.

Consulate still closed.

Fingers crossed for myself and everyone in this boat!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It seems other US embassies processing visas  are contingent upon the travel ban being lifted from the host country( in addition to any other requirements). I would not expect anything to happen in a minimum until the US travel ban is lifted. But yeah, everybody's situation is unique and I would go by the information that is given directly from the embassy or consulate (which may not be that much).

13 hours ago, supportdesk said:

It seems other US embassies processing visas  are contingent upon the travel ban being lifted from the host country( in addition to any other requirements). I would not expect anything to happen in a minimum until the US travel ban is lifted. But yeah, everybody's situation is unique and I would go by the information that is given directly from the embassy or consulate (which may not be that much).

The ban does not affect spouses, do it shouldn’t affect CR1/IR1 interviews.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Gabrobill said:

There are rumors saying they might resume interviews in september. Only rumors so far.

Interesting! Have you read this somewhere or just word of mouth?

1 minute ago, Hilde said:

Interesting! Have you read this somewhere or just word of mouth?

I emailed the consulate asking about my own interview, which was supposed to happen in April and was cancelled. They replied saying it was “highly recommended” that I rescheduled it myself for September. A bunch of other people I know had the same reply (people who had the interviews cancelled as well). Of course it’s not guaranteed, but I assume they’re not planning to resume things before September. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi. I've been keeping up with the general US Embassy Reopening thread but no one over there seems to have any news on Brazil. Hopefully those who get their interviews rescheduled will keep us updated here. At the end of May we got notice that our case was completed at NVC (which was suprising because we weren't expecting them to be operating normally), so now all we do it wait for notice about the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

Timeline

I read on another post here on VJ that someone recently (as of this week) got their interview scheduled for September. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

48 minutes ago, Greentea84 said:

Hi. I've been keeping up with the general US Embassy Reopening thread but no one over there seems to have any news on Brazil. Hopefully those who get their interviews rescheduled will keep us updated here. At the end of May we got notice that our case was completed at NVC (which was suprising because we weren't expecting them to be operating normally), so now all we do it wait for notice about the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

I read on another post here on VJ that someone recently (as of this week) got their interview scheduled for September. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Timeline

Got this email msg earlier. Doesn't seem that they are scheduling ANY interviews right now:

Seal with white background

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (June 19, 2020)

Event: Health Alert

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Brazil continue to offer only emergency services for U.S. citizens in Brazil. Routine services not related to safety, such as passport renewals without imminent travel and notarial services, are not considered emergencies and will not be scheduled at this time. We will resume operations in phases as global conditions evolve. Monitor our social media and website for information about when services resume.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The backlog must be insane now. Over 5 months closed to routine visa interviews. So many others having rescheduled multiple times. Any update on this? All I see is The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil have suspended routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible..

Timeline
11 hours ago, Talita_Travis said:

The backlog must be insane now. Over 5 months closed to routine visa interviews. So many others having rescheduled multiple times. Any update on this? All I see is The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil have suspended routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible..

I see the same message. I have tried reaching out to them on social media, without any replies.

My only hope is that IR1 and Ks will resume before tourist visas, so they will get through the backlog quickly. Fingers crossed!

Timeline

At this rate I'm resigned to the fact that we'll only be going to the US next year. I stopped even thinking about this to not feel bad because it's totally out of our hands at this point...

Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, Greentea84 said:

At this rate I'm resigned to the fact that we'll only be going to the US next year. I stopped even thinking about this to not feel bad because it's totally out of our hands at this point...

We have a very similar timeline when it comes to Case Completed at NVC. Fingers crossed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.