Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2021 at 10:27 AM, Faisal1 said:

Well as i read that all embassies and consulate. Also i am waiting for my lawyer to comment on this. And i am waiting for my lawsuit against rio consulate because they are doing events outside. But only stop processing visas that are not banned.   Very unfair that indian consulate working fine while covid 19 is 2nd most cases there

HI everyone. one more IR - 1 here.

still on the note about the Immigration Bill President Biden is sending.

Does anyone know about this part where it mentions "the bill allows immigrants with approved family-sponsorship petitions to join family in the United States on a temporary basis while they wait for green cards to become available." (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/01/20/fact-sheet-president-biden-sends-immigration-bill-to-congress-as-part-of-his-commitment-to-modernize-our-immigration-system/?fbclid=IwAR2fQR5lT8gCQMOD3wMkBniusRhUyfgMyb9jfmbAccbl_Widf7tucIt7qvk)

I know it still has to be approved by Congress, but ...we can only hope for anything that will help get us together, right?

I don't know how it would apply (if it does) or how it would work. 

btw. we had our Approval from NVC on July.28th2020. no communication at all from the Consulate about the interview.

Edited by DMoura

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, DMoura said:

still on the note about the Immigration Bill President Biden is sending.

Does anyone know about this part where it mentions "the bill allows immigrants with approved family-sponsorship petitions to join family in the United States on a temporary basis while they wait for green cards to become available." (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/01/20/fact-sheet-president-biden-sends-immigration-bill-to-congress-as-part-of-his-commitment-to-modernize-our-immigration-system/?fbclid=IwAR2fQR5lT8gCQMOD3wMkBniusRhUyfgMyb9jfmbAccbl_Widf7tucIt7qvk)

I know it still has to be approved by Congress, but ...we can only hope for anything that will help get together, right?

btw. we had a Approval from NVC on July.28th2020. no communication at all from the Consulate about the interview.

I am not hopeful from the bill because its impossible for only democrats or president to pass the bill  so 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DMoura said:

But doesn't the Democrats have majority in both Houses, now?

I though it would made it easier to pass this Bill... :(

Bill has to be pass from congress then goes to senate and senate need majority if bill filibuster  it will need 60 vote to pass from senate and then goes to president to sign the bill 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, DMoura said:

The strange thing is that all scheduled interviews that I see scheduled in the Rio consulate are for K1s...  

And all interviews that were done on the last day of the consulate being open (March 10, 2020) were also K1s.

Should I be looking elsewhere for IR1?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

The strange thing is that all scheduled interviews that I see scheduled in the Rio consulate are for K1s...  

And all interviews that were done on the last day of the consulate being open (March 10, 2020) were also K1s.

Should I be looking elsewhere for IR1?

Also wondering this.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Today the consulate started rescheduling the interviews of the people who had cancellations last year (February/March 2020). I got this information from people who received a scheduling email.

Great news! 🙏🥳🎉

Even if it takes a little while for your turn, the important thing is that it started. 

Thank God!!! 

Wow!!! Awesome news!!! Let us know if you learn anything else! 🎉

When were you DQed?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Elena95 said:

Wow!!! Awesome news!!! Let us know if you learn anything else! 🎉

When were you DQed?

Yes, great news!!!!
I am very happy
My QD March 18, 2020
They also said they will process the spouse and children visa first. Then K1 etc...
And it will be in order of DQ anyway. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Timeline
29 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Today the consulate started rescheduling the interviews of the people who had cancellations last year (February/March 2020). I got this information from people who received a scheduling email.

Great news! 🙏🥳🎉

Even if it takes a little while for your turn, the important thing is that it started. 

Thank God!!! 

BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!!! Thanks so much for updating us here! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Yes, great news!!!!
I am very happy
My QD March 18, 2020
They also said they will process the spouse and children visa first. Then K1 etc...
And it will be in order of DQ anyway. 

We have the same exact DQ date. 👏🏻 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

39 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Great news! 🙏🥳🎉

Thank God!!! 

Thank you so much for sharing this information here!

Amazing News!!! I was really sad because i've email the Consulate 2 days ago and they just said that they didn't had a date to resume the interviews yet. 

let's hope more people will share their updates in the coming days!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

We have the same exact DQ date. 👏🏻 

I remember you from the NVC/DQ group.
We are the next 🥳🎉🥳🎉

1 minute ago, DMoura said:

Thank you so much for sharing this information here!

Amazing News!!! I was really sad because i've email the Consulate 2 days ago and they just said that they didn't had a date to resume the interviews yet. 

let's hope more people will share their updates in the coming days!

What is your DQ date?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.