Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The consulate just came out with a new FAQ page:

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas-3/faq-about-visa-processing-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Not much information there - but worthwhile to take a look to keep us up-to-date.

Saw that Rio de Janeiro City has entered in phase 6, so from now on museums,  theaters and etc... will be opened.  Do you think that consulates will resume their visa processing based on this? 

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2020/08/31/prefeitura-detalha-inicio-da-fase-6-do-plano-de-reabertura-das-atividades-economicas-no-rio.ghtml

Timeline

This look political game.  Us embassy in india is open where per day cases were 50k  n in brazil 10k to 8k n embassy is closed 

Edited by Faisal1

Timeline
4 hours ago, Faisal1 said:

This look political game.  Us embassy in india is open where per day cases were 50k  n in brazil 10k to 8k n embassy is closed 

I haven´t quite figured out what criteria is used to reopen the embassy and consulates and to resume interviews... Seems to vary from one country to another, but I am not entirely sure.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hilde said:

I haven´t quite figured out what criteria is used to reopen the embassy and consulates and to resume interviews... Seems to vary from one country to another, but I am not entirely sure.

I have no idea but embassy in uruguay is still working as well

Timeline

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

Thanks! So this is where we are:

May: CR1: 3 / IR1: 5

June: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

July: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

August: CR1: 1 / IR1: 4

September: CR1: 1 / IR1: 5

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hilde said:

Thanks! So this is where we are:

Yes hope for the best... looks like they processing expedite cases only

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Just now, Faisal1 said:

Hello  anyone here from rio?

:yes: me! Still waiting for interview. I´ve reached out to folks who had interviews scheduled in November and it seems like everything for this month has been cancelled. Some were re-scheduled for Feb and I´ve heard of someone rescheduled in JUNE. Aye. 

I think they are at Phase 1 and regular scheduled interviews begin on Phase 3, I believe. Honestly, I don´t even know what this means... 

Numbers in Rio are really increasing - which is terrible. 

Let us know if you have any news. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hilde said:

:yes: me! Still waiting for interview. I´ve reached out to folks who had interviews scheduled in November and it seems like everything for this month has been cancelled. Some were re-scheduled for Feb and I´ve heard of someone rescheduled in JUNE. Aye. 

I think they are at Phase 1 and regular scheduled interviews begin on Phase 3, I believe. Honestly, I don´t even know what this means... 

Numbers in Rio are really increasing - which is terrible. 

Let us know if you have any news. 

Well i have emailed the embassy and they will open ith city situation and  i am waiting as well but i m also thinking to make change to uruguay because there its open and feb next is too long time. 

1 hour ago, Faisal1 said:

Well i have emailed the embassy and they will open ith city situation and  i am waiting as well but i m also thinking to make change to uruguay because there its open and feb next is too long time. 

Hi Faisal! How difficult is it to transfer a case/interview to another country, say Uruguay? Have you looked into it yet?

Thank you!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Elena95 said:

Hi Faisal! How difficult is it to transfer a case/interview to another country, say Uruguay? Have you looked into it yet?

Thank you!

Yes you need to prove your residency in the country.. like home address visa and phone number.  But i would like to recommend everyone in brazil that wait until december and then next year plan for it 

Timeline

October: CR1: 2 / IR1: 6

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.