Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LindaStewart said:

I called NVC at 7 AM. From start to finish the call lasted 8 minutes. I received my NOA2 on June 19th. I was able to get my case number and Invoice ID. She said they received it  on July 17th, so they may still be putting it in the system. 🙂

My NOA2 was June 20. But they didn't receive mine until Aug 3. Not sure why one day difference in NOA2 yields almost 2.5 weeks longer for NVC receiving it. 

Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 2:37 AM, Giodude said:

Hey guys, we received our NOA2 Jun 27. I guess now I gotta continue playing the waiting game. So, I should wait for the embassy to open and then call after 5 weeks?

Try calling them. My Noa2 is Jan 25. Called yesterday around 10pm and got my NvC # but the bad news is they have to wait  for my embassy to reopen before they can even send these papers to them for processing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
15 hours ago, Pacia said:

Try calling them. My Noa2 is Jan 25. Called yesterday around 10pm and got my NvC # but the bad news is they have to wait  for my embassy to reopen before they can even send these papers to them for processing

Oh, my NOA2 is also the same as yours! I will call NVC now and hope they can give me a case number...fingers crossed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Called NVC and they still don’t have my case from USCIS even though it’s week 6 since approval. The person on the phone told me to scan my I-797 and email NVCRESEARCH@state.gov to have them take a look for it (not NVCINQUIRY, which I thought was strange). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Received an email today from NVC with the invoice number and the case number. Guessing now we sit back and wait for the embassies to begin accepting documents from NVC? Is there any further information on if anything is moving forward on this front?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, SM&JSN said:

Received an email today from NVC with the invoice number and the case number. Guessing now we sit back and wait for the embassies to begin accepting documents from NVC? Is there any further information on if anything is moving forward on this front?

Did you request for it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey there, yes requested on the NVC website (first time I did it they said they had no record, I clearly contacted too soon). Then I requested again on Monday and we received the email back a few hours ago with the details.  Greenbaum's documents are always on point! Follow the instructions he gave and it seems to really work!)

Timeline

Is there a guide to help fill out the DS-160? I need to fill out three. One for my fiancée and one for each child. I want to be sure that I don't make any mistakes. 

Moreover, where can I find the P3 for Philippines? 

Edited by Solaris81

Timeline
On 8/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, theonewiththepoof said:

Called NVC and they still don’t have my case from USCIS even though it’s week 6 since approval. The person on the phone told me to scan my I-797 and email NVCRESEARCH@state.gov to have them take a look for it (not NVCINQUIRY, which I thought was strange). 

I am sure you will have your case number very soon. Unfortunately there is nothing to do besides Ds160 since most embassies are not processing our cases and Our papers arebjust sitting here at NVC USA

13 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Is there a guide to help fill out the DS-160? I need to fill out three. One for my fiancée and one for each child. I want to be sure that I don't make any mistakes. I'd start with the instructions first then move over to other sources from a search using Google.

Moreover, where can I find the P3 for Philippines?  Have you looked on the embassy's website? Psst it's there... 

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of the conversation. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will better prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

14 hours ago, theonewiththepoof said:

Called the NVC and my case arrived the California Service Center on 08/06. No case number yet but I’m glad it finally made it there in ONE PIECE!

Just to update you your case is not in ONE PIECE. It's in two, an electronic version that goes along with the "paper" version. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On 8/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, TiEy said:

Did you request for it?

Did you download the PDF with the Tips, Tricks, and Hacks to help you at this stage? It's located on the first page, first post. Free to use and Free to comment with experiences and updates. "your mileage may vary" 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 8/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, theonewiththepoof said:

NVCRESEARCH = goes to a department specifically to search for "missing or delayed" receipt of files.

NVCINQUIRY = goes to a department that specifically answers frequent questions.

A missing record, as important as that is, should be given higher priority than a general inquiry and that is why you are directed to use NVCSEARCH. Logically that makes sense. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.