danielba

DS260 Question

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm filing the DS 260 and I have one question. The form asks if I have documentation to establish that I have received vaccinations in accordance with US law? Should I put "yes" since by the moment of my interview I'm supposed to have all the required vaccinations? I've heard that this is part of the Medical Exams and if you don't have them they will give them to you during the exam.

1090853052_CapturadePantalla2020-05-21ala(s)22_10_55.png.5531c9ac3073c7061c053c1542480084.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

i put in No and explained with following sentence: 

' i am in process of reviewing vaccinations records and will obtain the required vaccinations on the date of the medical exam'

i also asked this question and someone answered with this sentence.

Timeline

Hi, I just finished filling the DS260 and I put "no" and for the explanation I put "I WILL HAVE ALL OF MY VACCINATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION BY THE TIME OF MY EMBASSY INTERVIEW THROUGH MY VISA MEDICAL EXAM." Your spouse will have the medical exam done once he's there and you'll get all of the vaccinations straightened out then! :) 

By the way, what a coincidence that we're from the same city. 

Edited by Chintis

Timeline
9 hours ago, Tschuulia said:

Hi,

i put in No and explained with following sentence: 

' i am in process of reviewing vaccinations records and will obtain the required vaccinations on the date of the medical exam'

i also asked this question and someone answered with this sentence.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

9 hours ago, islanderfever said:

Spouse checked "No"

Explain:  WILL GET REQUIRED VACCINATIONS AT IMMIGRANT VISA MEDICAL EXAM. 

Thank you so much! :)

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline
9 hours ago, Chintis said:

Hi, I just finished filling the DS260 and I put "no" and for the explanation I put "I WILL HAVE ALL OF MY VACCINATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION BY THE TIME OF MY EMBASSY INTERVIEW THROUGH MY VISA MEDICAL EXAM." Your spouse will have the medical exam done once he's there and you'll get all of the vaccinations straightened out then! :) 

By the way, what a coincidence that we're from the same city. 

Hi,

I know! My husband lives in Stockton and I'm in Mexico. We are working on all our forms. Did you get help with the I-864? We are trying to get a lawyer/immigration agent because we think we need help with that form and also we need my civil documents translated.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline

I have another question regarding the I-864Z.

I'm trying to add some information but the form is not allowing me to edit some fields. For example this one - I checked "I am currently employed" but I'm not being able to add the rest of the information, only the current individual annual income:

171319753_CapturadePantalla2020-05-22ala(s)11_07_37.png.9376229e75d97bc8ee399ffd911d8623.png

Do you know what should I do in order to edit and add the required information?

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline
1 hour ago, danielba said:

I have another question regarding the I-864Z.

I'm trying to add some information but the form is not allowing me to edit some fields. For example this one - I checked "I am currently employed" but I'm not being able to add the rest of the information, only the current individual annual income:

171319753_CapturadePantalla2020-05-22ala(s)11_07_37.png.9376229e75d97bc8ee399ffd911d8623.png

Do you know what should I do in order to edit and add the required information?

My husband had it filled out as much as he was allowed to and had it printed then out, filled out the rest per hand, scanned It and uploaded it.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

My husband had it filled out as much as he was allowed to and had it printed then out, filled out the rest per hand, scanned It and uploaded it.

Oh, I see. Did the NVC approve that? I never thought that would be possible.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, danielba said:

Yes it is possible. It says in the instructions that you can type or print legibly in blank ink. Also the petitioner has to sign and date the form, and for that he has to print it, sign it, and scan. If he doesn’t then it will be rejected. 
oh and one last thing, if you’re in Mexico and your documents are in Spanish, they don’t need to be translated to English unless they’re in another language :) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, danielba said:

Yes, we did it the same way on our 130 form :) 

so either like that or you print a blank and fill it out by hand. 

6 hours ago, Tschuulia said:

Hi, you can download acrobat reader and try the 7 day free version.  I had similar problem and I was able to fill it out with acrobat reader. Hope that works for you.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hi, you can download acrobat reader and try the 7 day free version.  I had similar problem and I was able to fill it out with acrobat reader. Hope that works for you.

Already sent our 2nd packet off! 
thank god! 
so we're just hoping for the best with all now! 😊

Timeline
19 hours ago, danielba said:

Hi,

I know! My husband lives in Stockton and I'm in Mexico. We are working on all our forms. Did you get help with the I-864? We are trying to get a lawyer/immigration agent because we think we need help with that form and also we need my civil documents translated.

For the most part I did the I-864 on my own but I had a few questions and I was able to ask a family friend who has had experience with this. I know a notary in town, she’s been translating my documents for me since last year. She charges $45 per document. Let me know if you want her information! 

2 hours ago, Chintis said:

For the most part I did the I-864 on my own but I had a few questions and I was able to ask a family friend who has had experience with this. I know a notary in town, she’s been translating my documents for me since last year. She charges $45 per document. Let me know if you want her information! 

If your documents are in the language of the country where the interview is taking place then theres no need for the documents to be translated. Save yourself some money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.