LibertyBears

i-129F met online ... need to put down?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, LibertyBears said:

For item 54. on the i-129F form

describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54.

We simply have this written down: 

"We first met in person on June 14, 2019 - September 7, 2019. Our second in person meeting was on December 16, 2019 - March 13, 2020. Further evidence attached"

We are attaching a document with all the flight tickets, passport, hotel, photos etc etc 

However do we need to explain how we met prior to that?

We met on an online game and talked online before meeting face to face so I was thinking if that was needed to explain why both visitations were for 3 months and I was immediately staying at my fiance's home for both visits

There's been conflicting stories cautioning to not put too much / not include what isn't asked

however there's also been stories of RFE due to not enough information / explanation

I met my fiance online through gaming at first too. For our package, we just said we met while playing games online and our relationship gradually progressed into our personal lives where we became good friends and then starting dating. I didn't include any evidence from the game, I only included snippets of chat logs between me and my fiance from discord around the time we first became friends and starting dating. Just be truthful and it'll be fine. During my interview I got asked again how I met my fiance given the distance and I just explained that it was through an online game and there were no further questions asked.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, LibertyBears said:

I have those all documented clearly too but I've heard that it doesn't prove meeting as I could have flown to the US and never met up with my fiance.  

Nonsense.  That's the basic foundation of most everyone's evidence.

YMMV

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I met on FFXIV. When we put the petition together, we included photos with our online friends, our in-game wedding at the time and Discord messages. This was also matched in the "How we met" section. Dates matching and a short sentence on photos. Boarding passes, luggage tags, passport stamps and in-person photos were also in our petition. We had a large petition(60 pages total 🤣), since we like to be prepared haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, LibertyBears said:

For item 54. on the i-129F form

describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54.

We simply have this written down: 

"We first met in person on June 14, 2019 - September 7, 2019. Our second in person meeting was on December 16, 2019 - March 13, 2020. Further evidence attached"

We are attaching a document with all the flight tickets, passport, hotel, photos etc etc 

However do we need to explain how we met prior to that?

We met on an online game and talked online before meeting face to face so I was thinking if that was needed to explain why both visitations were for 3 months and I was immediately staying at my fiance's home for both visits

There's been conflicting stories cautioning to not put too much / not include what isn't asked

however there's also been stories of RFE due to not enough information / explanation

They are asking about your in person meeting.. 

I flew to Manila, Phillipines on March 24, 2019 and met so and so. We spent the next two weeks visiting her/his family, Cebu and his/her hometown of Davao. 

Edited by Solaris81

Auckland is very similar to London in terms of interview level of scrutiny, etc.  For Q 54, we literally just wrote "We originally met in person in (year).  More recent visits have been XYZ dates."  That was it.  We attached passport stamps as evidence.  Sent no photos.  NO RFEs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you everyone! your comments have all been very useful

I think just a handful of denial horror stories just scared me to the point i'm scrutinising and worrying over every little detail :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.