LibertyBears

i-129F met online ... need to put down?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For item 54. on the i-129F form

describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54.

We simply have this written down: 

"We first met in person on June 14, 2019 - September 7, 2019. Our second in person meeting was on December 16, 2019 - March 13, 2020. Further evidence attached"

We are attaching a document with all the flight tickets, passport, hotel, photos etc etc 

However do we need to explain how we met prior to that?

We met on an online game and talked online before meeting face to face so I was thinking if that was needed to explain why both visitations were for 3 months and I was immediately staying at my fiance's home for both visits

There's been conflicting stories cautioning to not put too much / not include what isn't asked

however there's also been stories of RFE due to not enough information / explanation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would write one sentence  You met online on whatever website/date and then proceed with what you wrote. Always be truthful.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

They are in interested how you both met the very first time... And also your subsequent visits to see each other. 

If you met online provide evidence e.g chats... Messages etc

The point is to make your story short and understandable.. So they don't have any questions 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

They are in interested how you both met the very first time... And also your subsequent visits to see each other. 

If you met online provide evidence e.g chats... Messages etc

The point is to make your story short and understandable.. So they don't have any questions 

we have the following written

We first met on an online game -game website- on December 27th, 2018. 

Our first in-person meeting was on June 14,2019 - September 7, 2019.

Our second in-person meeting was on December 16, 2019 - March 13, 2020.

Further evidence of in-person meeting attached.  

Are the first chat messages necessary? They were all mainly in the game which has no history backup 
The first chats outside of the game is in april 2019 and I feel like providing those won't give much weight as they could easily be photoshopped 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

I would write one sentence  You met online on whatever website/date and then proceed with what you wrote. Always be truthful.

Thanks, I saw some people even including a Declaration of How We Met as part of their relationship evidence but some people said that this is not requested and therefore not needed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, LibertyBears said:

Include evidence for that

Arrange your evidence in a way that they will understand and wont have questions...if they have questions it raises suspection which is a recipe for RFE

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, LibertyBears said:

we have the following written

Our first in-person meeting was on June 14,2019 - September 7, 2019.

Our second in-person meeting was on December 16, 2019 - March 13, 2020.

Further evidence of in-person meeting attached.  

Are the first chat messages necessary? They were all mainly in the game which has no history backup 
The first chats outside of the game is in april 2019 and I feel like providing those won't give much weight as they could easily be photoshopped 

No chat messages are needed.  Pictures are secondary evidence because they can be altered as well

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, LibertyBears said:

I wouldn’t bother with chats.  The requirement is meeting in person. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@LibertyBearslearn from the OP in the link below

Yes I listened to your first advice and we have amended the section to include that we first met on the online game and included the website for the game 

In the evidence section we have also included that the purpose of the first in person meeting was to see how we got along face to face 

However not sure how to "prove" that we met on the game itself, as the game does not save past interactions like that..  😕

Timeline
2 hours ago, LibertyBears said:

However not sure how to "prove" that we met on the game itself, as the game does not save past interactions like that..  😕

I understand what you are saying, but there is no requirement to prove how you became acquainted.  You can give a little background story if you like —-We became acquainted playing the online game ___________ at www_____________ and chatting in the game. We progressed to messaging and phoning each other independent of the game. We met in person the first time.....

Just focus on proving

1. One person is a US citizen (birth certificate)
  2. You are both free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of your entry on a K1 visa.(signed statement and any divorce decrees if applicable)
  3. Met in person within the last 2 years.

My opinion of the usefulness of chats might be to show that two people with different languages can actually communicate even though communication is not even a requirement for the petition.  You both speak English, and you are not from an impoverished country known for visa fraud. I know some people submit a shedload of things with their petition but I consider it to be a lot of extra fluff that USCIS have to deal with to get to the meat of the requirements. Everybody has their own logic on what to do or they just follow what somebody else said they “heard”. My tactic as a Brit is pretty minimalistic and that served me well from K1 petition to citizenship. You decide in the end. And do read all the instructions for the forms to know what the government says to submit. This visa stuff is really not that difficult. It just takes a long time.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

My tactic as a Brit is pretty minimalistic and that served me well from K1 petition to citizenship. You decide in the end. And do read all the instructions for the forms to know what the government says to submit. This visa stuff is really not that difficult. It just takes a long time.

Thank you for your answer !

Could I ask how many pages you attached as your proof of meeting in person in the last 2 years

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, LibertyBears said:

Could I ask how many pages you attached as your proof of meeting in person in the last 2 years

It's not about quantity of evidence but quality of evidence.   Only you can assess your evidence.   For me, 4 pieces of paper.   3 boarding passes and passport entry stamp.   With this, I proved meeting.  So I stopped 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It's not about quantity of evidence but quality of evidence.   Only you can assess your evidence.   For me, 4 pieces of paper.   3 boarding passes and passport entry stamp.   With this, I proved meeting.  So I stopped 

I have those all documented clearly too but I've heard that it doesn't prove meeting as I could have flown to the US and never met up with my fiance.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, LibertyBears said:

Going from memory of my wife—

• 2 Passport pages with UK entries dated in the 2 year window and the boarding pass copied on the same page. 
  • 2 Pages for US entry same as above
  • Two receipts (copied on same page) where we each bought something in the same store. The receipts had our names printed because we charged. So the receipts showed same store, same date, time showing minutes apart. How lucky was that to find those receipts?
  • The two passport pages (copied together) where we got stamped into Czech Republic. 
  • Her ATM receipts from a machine in my town.
  • 4 photographs 

No chats, text messages, love letters, Facebook posts, phone calls, or engagement stuff. (Heck we didn’t even do engagement ring or wedding rings.)  I think the above well proved meeting and a relationship without all that other stuff. When we started digging for stuff we found things stuffed in side pockets of luggage, handbag, and the like. Lucky we aren’t neat freaks who immediately threw out receipts. 😂 

Edit to add: London interview did not want any additional relationship stuff. They never do. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.