LibertyBears

K1 - Proof of relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, 

We are in the middle of writing our proof of relationship for I-129F

Very very confused to how much we should or shouldn't include

I am from UK and I saw several posts saying it isn't necessary to front-load this section as it's not a high risk country however I am just very worried that there's not enough. 

Yet worried if I put too much it looks suspicious 😧 

We are currently just making a word document and putting hotel invoices, plane tickets, lots of photos, things we've made for each other, receipts of things we bought each other, facetime screenshots

The part that we are wondering about is though is we included a few receipts from restaurants / activities we did as it includes the last four digits of our cards and thought this would be good evidence to prove we were in the same place at the same time. 

However, do we need to prove it's our cards? 

Should we include a photo of our cards and blur out all the digits apart from the last four numbers so they are see it correspond to the receipts or is this going overboard?

Edited by LibertyBears
typo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, LibertyBears said:

Hi all, 

We are in the middle of writing our proof of relationship for I-195F

I am from UK and I saw several posts saying it isn't necessary to front-load this section as it's not a high risk country however I am just very worried that there's not enough. 

Yet worried if I put too much it looks suspicious 😧 

We are currently just making a word document and putting hotel invoices, plane tickets, lots of photos, things we've made for each other.

Anyways, the part that we are wondering about is we included a few receipts from restaurants / activities we did as it includes the last four digits of our cards and thought this would be good evidence to prove we were in the same place at the same time. 

However, do we need to prove it's our cards? 

Should we include a photo of our cards and blur out all the digits apart from the last four numbers so they are see it correspond to the receipts or is this going overboard?

Every piece of evidence should add to your proof of meeting.   Once you have proven it, you can stop because you don't get extra credit for proving it 10 times.  

My petition consisted of 3 boarding passes and a passport entry stamp. With those 4 pieces of evidence I proved we met, so I stopped. 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I think you're over doing it.  For a proof of a bona fide marriage, then yes, include as much details as you can.  But for the K1, you need to prove that you have met within the last two years, and that you are engaged.

So...plane tickets, passport stamps, and photos together is fine.  Include a few pages of chats, if you want (we did), but not the entire 200+ pages of chat export.   We also included receipt of the engagement ring.

The restaurant/activity receipts -- I would skip those.   Hotel bills payed by the visiting party would be fine, because it lists the guest name and is another proof of having visited.  But it's optional (we didn't include any hotel receipts).

1 hour ago, LibertyBears said:

We are currently just making a word document and putting hotel invoices, plane tickets, lots of photos, things we've made for each other, receipts of things we bought each other, facetime screenshots

This sounds like more than enough! We included photos from our first (and at that point our only) meeting with some annotations of where we went, what we did. My then-fiance also met my parents on that trip, so that photo went in. We also included boarding passes & passport stamps of my then-fiance's visit. That was it. Our petition was approved based on that one in-person meeting. I brought evidence of subsequent meetings & continued relationship to the embassy interview but this evidence was never asked for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, LibertyBears said:

We are in the middle of writing our proof of relationship for I-129F

The requirement is to have met in person. Show you were in her country/town or vice versa.

passport stamps, boarding basses.etc.

Or for example we entered the Czech Republic together at a land crossing so had stamps for the same dates.  Made notation on the photocopied passport page.  “Joe’s passport showing blah blah blah..” Same  for fiancé and a photo together in Prague. It was like a collage to tie it together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

I brought evidence of subsequent meetings & continued relationship to the embassy interview but this evidence was never asked for.

Yes I heard that the UK embassy never asks for additional relationship evidence 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.